Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Does Keith still have his home in Jamaica?
Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: August 18, 2007 16:16

I assume he still does. Unfortunately, it does not bode well for the poor people of Jamaica right now. Very strong hurricane approaching right now.

Re: Does Keith still have his home in Jamaica?
Date: August 18, 2007 21:54

Yeah, I saw some video clips of him down there in between tour legs... He'll probably retreat there for winter huh?

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: August 18, 2007 22:03

If it's still standing. This hurricane looks like it's taking dead aim,right at Jamaica. A big one too. Cat.4 at the moment,with a good chance to go to a 5. Then it looks like it's heading for Mexico and or Texas..........Edith Grove,I imagine the people in southern LA are probably a bit nervous these days as well. Hurricane season is in full force. I hope none of 'em head your way.

Date: August 18, 2007 22:07

Well, Keef has made some extra cash the past couple of years with his part time job so perhaps he saved enough to build a new home in Jamaica?

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: August 18, 2007 23:32

I think that he's been staying in Jaimaca off and on quite a bit lately because his home in Weston, Connecticut is under construction. He may have 2 homes under construction, depending on where the storm hits!

Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: August 18, 2007 23:42

Dosn't he also own a rersterant there?

Posted by: triplelicks ()
Date: August 18, 2007 23:43

I don't know about Keith's home, but Dean went right through Mustique island, where Mick and Jerry have vacation homes next to each other.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: August 19, 2007 01:58

Keith doesn't own a restaurant in Weston, but he frequents a few of the local haunts there and even plays live occasionally.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: August 19, 2007 03:56

Just a bit of hurricane fact here.

The northeast quadrant of any hurricane is the most destructive. Since Hurricane Dean is expected to skirt the southern edge of Jamaica, nearly all of the island wll be subject to it's strongest winds.

Right now, Dean is a strong category 4 and expected to reach cat 5, the strongest level, and that speaks only of it's wind speed. That does not account for it's storm surge (ocean wave heights) that can reach 40-50 feet (17 meters or so) or perhaps more.

Jamaica is in for a real pounding, and even though I don't think they sit below sea level as New Orleans does, they will still see some flooding. I hope I am wrong.

Posted by: oldkr ()
Date: August 19, 2007 04:21

keiths shell company still own his place on the island but its more usually used by his son these days. Keith also own 2 places in antigua and a place in the turks & caicos - so he has plenty of island hide-aways!

OLDKR

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: August 19, 2007 08:22

So it sounds like Keith has 5 houses. When you own 5 houses, don't you get a Hotel?

Posted by: largelingerie ()
Date: August 19, 2007 08:39

"When you own 5 houses, don't you get a Hotel?"

Good one!

But dang all of this extreme weather.

Posted by: fiftyamp ()
Date: August 19, 2007 09:04

Keith gave it to Marlon. It;s in the mountains anyway. Not too many Hurricane worries up there. What was the name of that shell Co. anyway? nantucket Investments or something of the sort?

Anyway, my heart to all the Wonderful people in JamRock. My wife and I spend a few weeks there every year, and have made some amazing friends along the way. The cats are tougher than tough, and always pull thru.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-08-19 09:08 by fiftyamp.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: August 19, 2007 09:28

trainarollin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So it sounds like Keith has 5 houses. When you own
> 5 houses, don't you get a Hotel?

Five???
What'as'appened to Redlands, then?
If oldkr is right about all those estates,
there have to be six of dem.

And doesnt he still own that Paris pad?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

- My thoughts and prayers to the Jamaican people.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: August 19, 2007 19:12

trainarollin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So it sounds like Keith has 5 houses. When you own
> 5 houses, don't you get a Hotel?

Ding...........we have a winner.grinning smiley

Posted by: gstone ()
Date: August 19, 2007 21:24

The one in Jamaica is in Ocho Rios, on a mountain top. Point of view. Gave it to Marlon.
New holliday home in the extremely exclusive Pirate's Kay. (One hour's flight from Miami)
The mansion in Weston.
Redlands in West Wittering
The pad in Paris
Two apartments in a building on 4th St. NY, same building as the former Tower Records. Marlon lives in one of them. Keith crashes in one when he's in NY and it's too late, or he's had one too many, to get a chopper home.

There might be more, but these are the ones I know about...

Posted by: stein ()
Date: August 19, 2007 21:52

Some sourses says that he still own the 3 Cheyne Walk and sold (or gived away) the NYC 4th street apartment.

Date: August 19, 2007 22:59

Don't know about 3 Cheyne Walk, but before he gave an appartment on 4th St. to Marlon, he bought the appartment on the floor beneath his. Keith and some musician friends had a late night jam, and the poor thing on the floor beneath them had not gotten any sleep by 5 am. That pissed him off, so he went upstairs and banged on Keith's door. After appologies, Keith came up with an offer his neighbour could not refuse. Doubled his estimated price of the appartment, sent him to a very nice hotel. The man was happy - and the jam went on. So the story goes.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: August 20, 2007 01:16

Just watched the 11:00 PM news here in UK, Jamaica looks like it's getting a right pounding from the hurricane; maybe the question should read "DID (past tense) Keith have his home in Jamaica" ?? The news said it was a category 4 verging on 5, 150 mph winds. Ouch !!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1620
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home