Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Kat Kramer Records Mick Jagger's Solo Material!
Posted by: bigal ()
Date: August 10, 2007 21:07

Just to give you all a heads up - actress, singer Kat Kramer has recorded her debut album covering Mick Jagger's solo material - focusing on those songs with a "Love theme." Ironically, she has "Angel In My Heart," "Party Doll," and "Say You Will" on her track list. Most of her album features Jagger compositions which are not featured on Mick's up coming "Best Of" compilation. The only one she's officially recorded that's included on his is "Just Another Night" featuring Jimmy Rip on guitar, and he also produced the track. Message to Tseverin - you're right to love "Angel In My Heart." Kat Kramer has said it's one of her favorite tracks. It seems that Kat is ahead of her time since the general public is not familiar with most of Mick's solo material, and Kat decided to launch her own recording career with his compositions. How unique. Listen to her music at [www.MySpace.com]

Re: Kat Kramer Records Mick Jagger's Solo Material!
Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: August 10, 2007 21:09

WTF? Jagger couldn't even sustain a career with this material.....

Posted by: Halup ()
Date: August 10, 2007 21:11

I see Kat Kramer attending film related events around L.A. all the time including 2 times this week, but I've never heard her music. I'll have to give it a listen.

Date: August 10, 2007 21:13

Yeah, but those songs done by a woman sounds much better. Just because Mick didn't make a mint from these songs doesn't mean they should be locked up in the "Cone Of Silence"..they should be redone right so they can be enjoyed for the songs they are...and Kat did that. So before complaining about what Mick did or didn't do, listen to them and then you can have an opinion!

Date: August 10, 2007 21:15

do i have to? i'd rather just whine. i mean a bad song is a bad song is a bad song, right?

Date: August 10, 2007 21:18

LOL...funny...Not always, take a listen, you'll see that Kat did the Love Theme songs with a sultry flavor, which BLOWS MICKS VERSION AWAY...Sorry Mick...

Date: August 10, 2007 21:29

okay - i listened - and i will say she has a cool style and makes some of the more previously "unlistenable" songs, most notably Party Doll, at least tolerable if not more. She does seem to have a way of getting inside these songs, which makes me wonder if mick didn't get inside of....well, you get the idea.

Date: August 10, 2007 21:31

See? That wasn't soo painful afterall...You may have even liked it, so don't make me come over there!!!! Where are you? hehehehe

Date: August 10, 2007 21:34

"like" is a pretty strong word. let's leave it at "tolerable." Again, an improvement on the originals, across the board....maybe with the exception of Hang On - WS is the only notable exception in the jagger catalogue to the "this sucks" descriptor.

Date: August 10, 2007 22:18

Critics...hmmm

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: August 11, 2007 02:19

There's no accounting for some folks' lack of taste!!

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: August 11, 2007 05:21

Bad song ??!
Some of Jaggers stuff is really great!!
Party doll,Evening gown, Hard woman, Angel in my heart,Don't tear me up
AND Just another night,Throwaway,Wired,Wanderin spirit,God gave me,Dancin in the starlight PLUS Old habits and HipHopmix of Out of Focus . .

Come on. Those are real good songs!

Date: August 11, 2007 07:43

Yes they are! All of them!

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: August 11, 2007 14:56

well i liked it at first on party doll; and thought it a cool approach; but yes, another critic, everyone's got their own impressions...but i soon grew VERY tired of it song to song, and it came off like novelty shtick; not that she dosen't have a voice with personality; but the whole thing seemed very one dimensional after the first two minutes or so of impact to me...
a better creative and marketing 'concept' than living with, or adapting to the actual exection in any ongoing meaningful emotional way...the pic of her with liza kinda says it all; hollywood shlock with a conceptual spin...cute, not so parasitic as to anger me; but inconsequential imo mah very humble opinion...

Date: August 11, 2007 18:52

Obviously you think a picture says it all, but you don't know squat. Liza discovered Kat as a young child. Liza sent Kat to singing school as a mere child. So then, you see a picture of her with Liza and assume whatever the heck you want. You live in a world of illusions...you believe what you see, hear, smell, and taste...don't let life fool you...

Date: August 12, 2007 03:17

Please go to either www.MySpace.com/katharinekramer or www.katharinekramer.com to listen to the songs that Kat recorded. She was the last to record with Billy Preston on PARTY DOLL. Take a listen and be kind...

Date: August 12, 2007 03:37

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-08-04 23:00 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: August 12, 2007 04:21

I'll tell you who sucks A band called BULLITT...it's short for BULL SH ITT...oh aren't you in that sucky band Dandelion Powder my ass Man? Your music skills over in Oslo is the reason why you are still in Oslo...get it? Barbarian Twins? Good God, didn't you steal that from the 2 actors in Conan The Barbarian? Yes...but I guess that's original in Norgay, sorry, Norway

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: August 12, 2007 04:39

bigal Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Obviously you think a picture says it all, but you
> don't know squat. Liza discovered Kat as a young
> child. Liza sent Kat to singing school as a mere
> child. So then, you see a picture of her with Liza
> and assume whatever the heck you want. You live in
> a world of illusions...you believe what you see,
> hear, smell, and taste...don't let life fool
> you...

wow sounds like i nailed it right on the head without even knowing about your liza fetish!
jeezum i gave a nice considered impression after taking the time to listen and you're hear post to post like a traffic cop opinion police or pr agent directing traffic...
"i live in a world of illusion i believe what i see, HEAR, smell and taste.."!!??
hee hee...
well, sho nuff do, ty.
don't let life fool me? ohboy, excuuuuse me i meant to say she was like awe inspiring drop dead talent i can hardly breathe...what a privilige to share your thread for these few seconds...forgive me...forgive me...what a powerhouse...
jeeze, if the belting bleating liza thought she needed singing lessons...boy...how much worse can that get?
sorry bigal. u take it from here.

Posted by: tumblingdice ()
Date: August 12, 2007 05:47

I'm sorry, I tried. None of these even came close to being anywhere near as good as Jagger singing them. After listening to her I do believe I'd rather listen to two cats friggin'.

Date: August 12, 2007 10:17

Ok, Ok, I went overboard...sorry...no biggie...I love The Stones and much of Mick's solo stuff, but Kat's a friend and I support her project. I think she did a great job. She chose this music specifically because she loved it. Just posting some relevant news.

Date: August 12, 2007 20:26

HAHAHAHHA

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2254
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home