Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Jagger's new 'best of' album to include 'Too Many Cooks'
Posted by: rooster ()
Date: August 9, 2007 22:31

And where is ''The Wild Colonial boy''??? One off the best! where is Hide Away?? Where is Loneley at the top...Luck in love...Hard Woman...Party Doll..Angel...Ive been Loneley..the blues tunes with Gary More?State off Shock with Jackson? and Your so Vain? Dont tear me up is there ok...All The Red D tunes should be there! I wont buy it I make me own compi!

Posted by: J-J-Flash ()
Date: August 9, 2007 23:20

''The Wild Colonial boy''... not a Jagger song at all

Same with Your So Vain..

Lucky in Love is on there, thank god State of Shock isn't..

Joy and Lets Work are both horrible songs and shouldn't be on here.

Party Doll, Hard Woman, Say You Will, Blue, Ruthless People all should be on this... very surprised none of them are. All are great tunes.

Posted by: Mr.Ed ()
Date: August 9, 2007 23:31

I miss "War Baby" from Primitive Cool with those cool war effects in the song.

Mr.Ed

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: August 9, 2007 23:43

With any single-disc best of collection, there will always be complaints about what was included and what was left off. I'm happy we get more than just album tracks on there. I don't care for 'Joy' either (that awful cheesy guitar!!), but whatever. I actually always kinda liked Let's Work, I'll admit it. I like the "La-la-la-la-l-la" voices... and that album, in addition to not being very good, always had inferior sound, so it will be interesting to hear the remastering of a couple tracks.

This compilation won't be a huge seller, because while much of it actually would appeal to the commercial-pop crowd, some of it would probably only appeal to the rest of us (Too Many Cooks, Memo, etc), but I still like the idea that those extra tracks are on there, remastered and all, along with some nice footage on DVD.

I think it all looks like a fun release while we know there is nothing coming from the Stones for a while.

Next year we'll surely get something; either another 'rarities,' or another album, or something from Keith, but something. If the Beatles keep putting stuff out every year (along with albums and best of's from Macca and Ringo) the Stones are sure to follow suit and find something to put out for holiday profits.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: August 9, 2007 23:46

Since "Charmed Life" is just a remixed outtake and the other two "new" tracks are also outtakes, I suppose this is a completely different project from the new Mick Jagger solo album for Capitol Music Group that Bjornulf mentioned last March. As for why "State of Shock" or "You're So Vain" aren't included...I doubt Rhino/Warner could license the former and the latter only has Mick singing on the chorus so its hardly a proper duet. Personally, I couldn't care less about what is and isn't on there. My only interest is in "Charmed Life" and obviously different mixes of the Red Devils track and "Too Many Cooks (Spoil the Soup)." Sadly, "Too Many Cook"'s intro will doubtless be edited, but at least people will stop confusing it with the Willie Dixon song. Kudos to Rockman for digging out whose song it actually was as I assumed it to be Jagger/Richards for years.

Posted by: cirrhosis ()
Date: August 10, 2007 00:14

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-12-31 03:55 by cirrhosis.

Posted by: theimposter ()
Date: August 10, 2007 00:15

The tracklisting looks pretty good to me actually, though I think "Wandering Spirit", "Out of Focus" and "Brand New Set of Rules" would have made better additions than a couple of the tracks. And scoff at me if you want, but "Everybody Getting High" and "Lonely At the Top" would have been better inclusions than, say, "Let's Work". and no "Ruthless People"? Come on, Rhino!

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: August 10, 2007 00:19

If one gets the ABB dvd and after that this...its allright but I will search my peace off mind in the hands off the bootleggers for the real rare stuff!!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: August 10, 2007 01:17

Released the same day as the new Dylan "Best of" triple CD and the new Springsteen/E Street Band album.

aaagh.

Posted by: cc ()
Date: August 10, 2007 01:35

Gazza Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Released the same day as the new Dylan "Best of"
> triple CD and the new Springsteen/E Street Band
> album.
>
> aaagh.

continuing the curse of mick's solo career...

actually, one big surprise about the whole thing is that it's on rhino, which has a good reputation but is sort of a budget reissue label.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: August 10, 2007 01:56

Rhino tend to do a good job with these things. They sure as hell couldnt do a worse promotional job than Virgin achieved with 'Goddess' and the last few Stones albums.

Just noticed that John Fogerty's new album comes out the same day as well. My ears are gonna be burning that week...

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1523
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home