Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Slane/Dublin Meetup!
Posted by: gerrox ()
Date: August 7, 2007 20:46

well i'm new here. how do yrs do? bin guestin now a while. can remember a thread awhile back with some wonderin as to who, what, where were the 100s of onlookers!? smiling smiley dont have much time onhand at present but when i can its to u lot i come first for reviews and clues. I'm sure whats said and done is appreciated by many more than yr would think. Thanks for all the photos and enthusin over the recent shows! Some of the best are the show threads, a real buzz for those not there and a great build up for me finally nearing the shows I'm headin for. SlANE!! and O2 x3!!!

This 1st post lettin those heading over here(Dublin!) for Slane know that there's a chance for some drinkin and such delights the nite b4 in Oliver St.John Gogarty's of Temple Bar. thats 57 Fleet St to get more precise. link has a map somewhere on it -
[www.dublinpubscene.com]
8pm onwards Fri 17th... hopin to meet someof yrs there!

cheers Gerwinking smiley

Re: Slane/Dublin Meetup!
Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: August 7, 2007 23:07

Sounds like a good plan. I will be in the west (Dingle) until the 18th and leave for London on the 20th. So if anyone from this board is going to be in Dublin on the 19th. We should meet at a pub and discuss how great the Slane show was.

Date: August 8, 2007 00:00

My guess is that same venue will do fine for day after recovery too. Prob a fair few headin to london on monday.

Ahh Dingle, one of the real beauty spots. It takes a while to get there but sure is worth it. a mecca for irish trad!

Date: August 8, 2007 00:12

Any recommended Pubs in Dingle? Know anything about the Blue Zone?
I will be flying into Kerry on the 15th, renting a car, heading east early in the morning of the 18th.

Date: August 8, 2007 00:39

long time since i've been there, this one's good for music
[www.maccarthyspub.com]
I've heard O'Flahertys is great
[kerry.goireland.com]

dont know of the bluezone though. Driving through Kerry/West Cork is one of life's great pleasures, even when it pours down! this summer is very much every season in one day, be ready for anything!

Date: August 8, 2007 00:45

Thanks for the info!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1563
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home