Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Europe is getting spanked
Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: August 4, 2007 02:53

I know....you're tired of setlist whiners. But you can not deny at nearly the end of the second leg of the Euro tour that we have been cheated. That's right!!!!!! Why did they do more interesting and inspired setlist in the U.S. on the second leg of the tour over there, but refused us over here? Personally I'd like a little more satisfaction. I'm not apothetic either, to those that want to give them a blanket waiver. Come on boys....give us what we want!!!!!!

Re: Europe is getting spanked
Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: August 4, 2007 03:38

here we go again.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: August 4, 2007 04:28

What a load of bollocks.

Posted by: Mr Jimmy ()
Date: August 4, 2007 05:09

frankotero Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I know....you're tired of setlist whiners. But you
> can not deny at nearly the end of the second leg
> of the Euro tour that we have been cheated. That's
> right!!!!!! Why did they do more interesting and
> inspired setlist in the U.S. on the second leg of
> the tour over there, but refused us over here?
> Personally I'd like a little more satisfaction.
> I'm not apothetic either, to those that want to
> give them a blanket waiver. Come on boys....give
> us what we want!!!!!!

TWAT.

What's your favourite flavour?...........Cherry Red!!

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: August 4, 2007 05:15

let the bitchfest begin!

Date: August 4, 2007 06:23

I wish they'd spank Washington DC

Posted by: angee ()
Date: August 4, 2007 06:28

They can spank me!

O, wait, it's not my birthday.

(Not too hard,)

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: August 4, 2007 09:55

franko, have you been to any shows recently? i can say i wish i had been to lyon and did see saw some great shows on the southern leg. belgrade being the best in a couple of ways. but they all are great in different ways. besides, the only reason the US got a lot of variation was because they played here so much compared to europe.

i saw 20 in the US on this tour and I saw dead flowers way too many times in the surprise slot last fall.

Posted by: TE ()
Date: August 4, 2007 10:12

Franko,

The US got 1-6 of the songs you think of, Europe gets the same.
US got 2 hrs show, Europe same +/- 5 min
US got more songs, Europe 2 of MR/CYHMK/YCAGWYW sometime.
Paris got 5, Bucharest got 1 (but both MR and YCAGWYW).
Same pattern as in North America.
Look at the set list in Holland, Paris, and Lyon.
BTW: Lyon got 6 of the songs you think of.
Think we feel cheated?
Hate to admit that you had a more sober keef, aah.

I hate Miss you live, you as well probably. But face it. 80'something % in that stadium have it at their top 5 list, and Chuck/Mick knows that.

TE
Oslo

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-08-04 10:15 by TE.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: August 4, 2007 10:16

Whatever happened to "It's All over Now"?..it must be, they were playing it earlier in europe.

Posted by: FrankM ()
Date: August 4, 2007 10:19

The mistake you are making Franko is that you are thinking it is a U.S.A. vice Europe thing when in reality it is a virgin territory vs. non virgin territory thing. For instance do you think they had a lot of obscure nuggets when they played Missoula, Montana?

Wait until the see the London setlists. Those people will have a blast with lots of variety.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-08-04 10:25 by FrankM.

Date: August 4, 2007 11:57

It's not a US verses EU thing for me. This is music not sport. It connects us worldwide. The point I'm trying to make is that I was hoping or expected they would mix it up a little. Maybe not as great as say Oakland, but something more. For example Werchter. Great setlist, they were off to a fantastic start. Over a period of time it turned into an "oldies" show. Even for the return to Paris there was only one song that stands out "she was hot". Also Frankfurt with nothing special in the setlist. And how about eastern europe where we expected them to play a standard setlist. However Brno got "love is strong". Only the second or third time I've heard it played live. By the way I was at all these shows I mentioned and of course I'm always pleased just to see them. However, They are capable of playing other songs. I realize they need to do some crowd pleasers but they could at least substitute "miss you" with "rain fall down" a song with nearly the same groove. Why not? And, it's off the new album. This is all constructive criticism. I'm still going to more shows and continuing to be the maniac fan that I am. On a darker note I don't appreciate some of the people on this board. Seems they're not very objective. That means you Mr Jimmy. Maybe you can take the time to elaborate on your one word/name response. Are you that simple?

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: August 4, 2007 11:59

This thread makes me wanna hear ''Midnight R''''!!!

Date: August 4, 2007 12:10

Or go back to Berlin 03 when Stones spanked us with MR, CYHMK (and YCAGWYW).
[www.iorr.org]
Only thing wrong with that show was that Cranberries did the support job and not Pretenders. What a night.

TE
Oslo

rooster Wrote:
> This thread makes me wanna hear ''Midnight
> R''''!!!

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: August 4, 2007 12:16

frankotero Wrote:
> I know....you're tired of setlist whiners. But you
> can not deny at nearly the end of the second leg
> of the Euro tour that we have been cheated. That's
> right!!!!!! Why did they do more interesting and
> inspired setlist in the U.S. on the second leg of
> the tour over there, but refused us over here?
> Personally I'd like a little more satisfaction.
> I'm not apothetic either, to those that want to
> give them a blanket waiver. Come on boys....give
> us what we want!!!!!!

I am writing at 3 am and I dont think so, Frankie boy.

I have went to 4 shows on the second leg of the US tour and 6 so far on this summer's tour. I thought that overall, they have mixed it up much better in the shows in Europe II than in US II. At least for the shows I saw.

Each of the six I saw in June, they would pleasantly surprise me with something new or different, whether it was Aint too Proud To Beg, She Was Hot, Heartbreaker, It's All Over Now, She's so Cold, or Let it Bleed. And it seemed like it was a couple of songs per show. I think I heard maybe one of those during the 4 shows in US II, maybe 2.

Got to pack and fly. See some of you Sunday eve in Copenhagen.

THEPLEXIGLASS

Date: August 4, 2007 12:16

Yeah Rooster. One of my favorite "warhorses" that's always played very well. Whenever I hear those first notes I know it's time to rock out. That's what I want and love!!!

Date: August 4, 2007 12:50

Frankotero,

Just want to add that I didn't feel anything wrong about your post.

It is just that it's been discussed to death every week the last decade.
I have never replied to any of these before, but you made me come out of the locker since it was another twist of the thread.

If I made up the "menu" (KR words) instead of Chuck/Mick, they would not have managed to even fill an arena in Europe (we don't have those 2x,000 ones).
People want to hear the songs the people know. Just face it.
They have a rotation that is hard to beat.
As long as they rotate 3-5 songs each set, I call it fantastic.

I totally agree with you, but it is no way... Money is the name of the game.

TE
Oslo

frankotero Wrote:
< This is all constructive
> criticism. I'm still going to more shows and
> continuing to be the maniac fan that I am.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: August 4, 2007 18:31

I agree with frankotero and have thought that this leg of the tour is nothing like what we saw in the States. I think it has more to do with comfort and what Keith can handle; I actually was thinking about coming to London for at least 2 shows but to be honest, to see 85-90% warhorses that I've heard way too many tmes already and to spend thousands of very hard earned dollars, well, I decided to stay home. Now, if they play an altogether different inspiring set list each night in London I'll have a fit wishing that I'd gone but there's no way to know! My last Stones show was on Sept 20, last year in Foxboro, Ma( near Boston. It was an awesome, amazing set list and I remember going up to the stage just before the show and reading the set list from Charlie's " board" and almost pissing myself!!! ( not quite, but I did scream!!). Paint It Black was the opener, followed by Live With Me, Monkey Man, SWAY!!!!! and Sweet Virginia!!! How can you beat that for starters!? Then they did a perfect Streets Of Love, and Ain't Too Proud To Beg, Tumbling Dice that was raw and fierce not stale and Rambler! The crowd was manic!!! Mick was all over the stage, Keith was totally on fire all night and then he did his set; it was the first show since his accident and the crowd roared for so long as he steped up to the mike that he had to back away 3 times! He did " You Got The Silver" and we were crying!!! Then a fast and furious Little T&A and on to Under MY Thumb on the way to the B stage where they played Rough Justice and J.J Flash which I rather liked out there in the open spaces of that huge stadium! Then on to the usual Honky Tonk Women, Sympathy, Start Me Up and Encore Satisfaction ( one of the BEST versions ever played!) and encore 2 Brown Sugar.. that's the way I want to remember my Stones! I do hope they return to the USA next year but this time I just don't feel optimistic.

Date: August 4, 2007 18:49

Exactly mickschix. You said it better than me. Hopefully they will do a few special songs in London. If they don't maybe more people will be in agreement with me. Ha-ha just kidding, I hope they'll make me eat my words. That would be worth the emberassment.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: August 4, 2007 19:05

Did someone spank me? I did not notice.
May be I am drunk like everybody else on this tour.

Bjornulf

Date: August 4, 2007 19:09

Yes I hope that we will be totally WRONG about London because it will mean that they are still capable of raising the bar and doing a kick-ass set! ( or two, or three!) I just have a terrible intuitive feeling that this is the final round. Hopefuly I'm wrong again! I just have been following every single European show and seeing 18 song set lists and when they do 19 it is not something I'd rush to see. For me to go to London is not an easy adventure to plan. The cost is one thing, airport security is a nightmare and I would want the total experience to be well worth it. I'll keep my fingers crossed that they take a rest and decide to do a few U.S gigs before Spring.

Date: August 4, 2007 19:19

You're a lucky man, Timber, if you've had varied set lists in Europe! Yes, maybe one or two differences each week but not what they used to do in terms of mixing it up...and yes, set list posts ARE BORING! Sorry I even got into this.

Date: August 4, 2007 19:41

Good one BV. Thanks for not attacking me. By the way I was drunk when I started this thread. However, I stand by my claim. Although "spanked" was a little harsh. For the record I enjoyed the shows that I've been to this year. Except for Frankfurt, because of the sound.

Posted by: bluesinc. ()
Date: August 4, 2007 19:43

when you buy a ticket to see the stone syou are allowed to watch them while they are playing, it's not the way that they should play for the audience, they should play for themselves...and you can watch them

Date: August 4, 2007 19:47

mickschix Wrote:
> You're a lucky man, Timber, if you've had varied
> set lists in Europe! Yes, maybe one or two
> differences each week but not what they used to do
> in terms of mixing it up...and yes, set list posts
> ARE BORING! Sorry I even got into this.

You better go if you have the money....you be in regret that you didnt went!When you could!

Posted by: loochie ()
Date: August 4, 2007 20:13

i dunno what to say ! I saw ABB in Boston at the beginning. Then I saw a bunch of shows in Europe since then. I don't tend to even remember about most of the set lists unless I look them up here :-) Oh well, maybe because a lot of it is going to be predictable...
I don't even think this lack of clear memories is totally a function of alcohol consumption at the time - e.g. in milano i didn't hardly drink at all - except for water during the day because it was so hot out - i was forced to stay outside for longer than i wanted to trying to sell an extra ticket. then after i did, i went in and still got an "okay" place near the rail and didn't want to go off buying beers and then having to pee all the time and lose my position. rome was quite a different situation, ha ha,
anyway !! my point(?) is that - in general i probably couldn't tell you where they played which non-warhorse song and how many times i heard it (esp. as more time goes by) or how they played it - i think some of you guys have amazing memories !! smiling smiley

i guess in general i tend to remember the general concert "vibes" - which include the music of course - enough so i can say imo -
Boston #2 was the best concert i saw.
Nice was the 2nd best concert.
Rome was the 3rd (at the time i thought it was the best, but maybe i was being overly emotional :-)
and then the others all together...

Date: August 4, 2007 20:23

Yeah when its party time you dont hear me about the set list!

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: August 4, 2007 21:12

If Europe is getting spanked it's obviously because Europe has been a bad, bad boy. You're a dirty Europe, aren't you, a dirty filthy slutty Europe who needs to be spanked? Take that - wap!

"It wasn't my fault ... liquors drunkened me!" Homer Simpson

Date: August 4, 2007 21:18

Lol

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: August 4, 2007 21:37

queenie wrote: "i saw 20 in the US on this tour..."

impressive...did your dogs miss you?

IORR............but I like it!

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2061
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home