Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Jagger Warhol
Posted by: rlngstns ()
Date: July 29, 2007 05:05

here you go...hope this doesn't disappoint. My new addition. Authentic Andy Warhol, Mick Jagger...

[s194.photobucket.com]

Re: Jagger Warhol
Posted by: button_your_lip ()
Date: July 29, 2007 05:11

YOUR new addition? as in you own it...and no its not a disappointment at all..its awesome.

Date: July 29, 2007 05:14

Thanks, Took me about three years to find it. Finally located it at a gallery in NYC in this mint condition. Hanging in my living room, and it never gets boring to look at. Love the work...but it's more than just being Warhol, or Jagger it is the combo of them both and such a great piece of art.

Date: July 29, 2007 05:15

BTW...thanks all for the help in posting this

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: July 29, 2007 05:20

Good for you! It's a really great piece.

Would love to see it sometime. I know a great deal about Warhol and have seen many of his pieces, including numerous of Jagger. This is one of the best.

I always think that what you hang on your wall is part of your identity forever.
Reassuring somehow.

Posted by: button_your_lip ()
Date: July 29, 2007 05:21

Well your dilligence paid off...congrats..its really something.

and on the photobucket site...is the last link at the bottom that you copy and paste here. The one that says IMAGE CODE

you are most welcome.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: July 29, 2007 05:21

It's stunning.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 29, 2007 07:03

rlngstns....cool purchase....congratulations

ROCKMAN

Posted by: stoneswashed77 ()
Date: July 29, 2007 10:41

i think this is the best one warhol did with jagger. i´d love to have it too.
i have two Marilyn Monroes and love them, but mick would be very cool of course.

Date: July 29, 2007 20:15

thanks rockman.....waited a long time to get that particular one.....

Date: July 29, 2007 20:15

stoneswashed77...which marilyns do you have?...what #'s?....

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: July 29, 2007 20:23

Its a great piece!! And my sisters first Stones Shirt way back in the seventies!

Date: July 29, 2007 20:54

I wonder if Andy Warhol ever gave Ron Wood any pointers or inspiration for doing art.

Posted by: WilcoMick ()
Date: July 29, 2007 21:21

Looks fantastic rlngstns! Just how many of these artworks did Warhol make? I think I read somewhere that he made 10 different ones, is that correct?

Wilco

Date: July 29, 2007 21:25

from [www.warholprints.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-07-29 21:39 by schillid.

Date: July 29, 2007 21:32

Thanks Schillid. I'll take 'em all 10!!

Wilco

Date: July 29, 2007 21:40

yes ...10 in total...one original on canvas of each...and 250 of each in silkscreen prints...of which thereare about 10 of each in mint condition...the original canvas are usually in museums around the globe... i think there are a few of them in Germany

Date: July 29, 2007 21:43

And you have one of these 250, right? They must be quite difficult to get with only 2500 of all 10 available. Must be great to hunt one down!

Wilco

Date: July 29, 2007 21:47

are you certain that there is an oil on canvas version of each?
That would surprise me.

Date: July 29, 2007 22:29

that's what the gallery had told me...same with the marilyns...but i have never seen one

Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: July 29, 2007 23:49

Nice one ringstns, just curious but what would be a ballpark price for one of those? I remember I saw one in the village at a gallery years and years ago when Warhol was still alive and it wasn't THAT bad price wise - would have bought it but it was one of the ones up above that I did not like. I know it was one of the "brown only" ones and I wanted something with more colors in it - who thought Andy was gonna be dead n few years due to a-hole slacker hospital workers, what else is new).....So Ballpark price if you don't mind....

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: July 30, 2007 01:02

You must be a rich man if it's an original because an art dealer pal of mine has one, not a silk screened piece but one of the original pieces, and he has a price tag of $1.25 million on it! He is trying to sell it for the real owner, a multi-millionaire from New York. I could have bought one of the silk screened prints now valued anywhere from $40,000-70,000 depending on the pose, for $2500 in 1986 in A gallery in New York but then, I had no money to speak of. If I had known, I'd have taken a LOAN to buy one!

Date: July 30, 2007 01:27

I can sell you a jpeg version for $20.

Date: July 30, 2007 01:55

There are three fabulous Jagger portraits with a alash of turquoise across the eyes. Would settle for one of those!

Date: July 30, 2007 05:08

bought it for $56,000 approx and worth about 100,000 now....just found a Marilyn 3 weeks ago (which I'll post shortly). After purchasing it, the dealer offered me $40,000 additional to resell it...before I even got it back from them framed!! I own a total of three Warhol's...the other one is called Action Picture..which is of cowboys and indians....soooooo cool! But Mick is my first and most treasured.

Marilyn photo coming shortly....

Date: July 30, 2007 05:21

Here's the Marilyn...Pink one with orange face.

[s194.photobucket.com]

Date: July 30, 2007 05:22

Here's the Marilyn. #22,,pink one with orange face.

[s194.photobucket.com]

Date: July 30, 2007 14:46

stonesrule, let me know when your in the neighborhood....NYC

Date: July 30, 2007 17:21

Will do. I live in LA but hope to get to NY a couple of times before the end of the year.

Four or five years ago MOCA in LA held one of the most important Warhol retrospectives. Not sure if this show traveled or if there was a catalog but it's worth your researching. I am quite passionate about art and have seen many great exhibitions, including a killer Warhol one at the Hayward Gallery in London back in the day. Knew Andy a bit from his trips to LA. His art was and is more exciting than he was. I have great respect for his talent.

Date: July 30, 2007 17:41

Have you seen the Andy Warhol documentary on DVD?....very interesting when he was showing his soup can exibit in L.A. back in the 60's....he was very upset when the show was a dud....and now look at what they're woth today....on the DVD, they show live pictures of Jagger in warhols studio looking over his photo's...very cool

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1707
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home