Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Watch CROSSROADS ~LIVE NOW
Posted by: button_your_lip ()
Date: July 29, 2007 06:22

will do.

Posted by: altamont69 ()
Date: July 29, 2007 06:23

Talk about GUITAR power!!!!!!!

Date: July 29, 2007 06:25

they are rippin!!

Date: July 29, 2007 06:35

Well,that sure was a days entertainment........... WOW!

Especially the Clapton/Winwood finale. That Blind Faith/Traffic set was to die for!!

All in all .........a most spectacular show!

Date: July 29, 2007 06:39

Buddy Guy. on now

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: July 29, 2007 06:39

whoa thanks...clicked on just now and bill murray introduces buddy guy...
scuse me and ty...this stuff is rockin' and that's no lie.

Date: July 29, 2007 06:40

Oops ....... Buddy Guy is just beginning his set.

It just keeps going and going! Like the ENERGIZER bunny!

Posted by: out of my head ()
Date: July 29, 2007 07:05

i didnt catch johnny winter earlier i didnt know he was ill

anyone know what is going on with him ?

that solo still sounded like him

this show is better than 2004

BUT WHERE THE HELL IS JEFF BECK ?

he is too good for "sweet home chicago " i guess he needs to get over it already

Date: July 29, 2007 07:12

How much were tickets??????

Date: July 29, 2007 07:15

It looks like they are repeating the show!!!!!!!!

Now that all you Europeans are awake ...... tune in. You will see a helluva show!!!!!!!!!!!!

Date: July 29, 2007 07:17

they have either archived it on MSN or they are replaying...
nite

[entimg.msn.com]

Date: July 29, 2007 07:19

nite to you ....button_your_lip.

It was a gas!!!!

Posted by: out of my head ()
Date: July 29, 2007 07:30

i love the whole concept behind these two festivals

great shit !!

notice that almost everyone on here is a fender strat player

good for business

never the less

great stuff

clapton still is god !

he has put together a hell of a show and his love for blues and the guitar will always inspire me

great stuff !!!

Posted by: 1cdog ()
Date: July 29, 2007 15:23

Clapton's set is being replayed again right now.

I would assume that the replay would follow last night's set and have the Winwood/EC set next followed by Buddy Guy. The EC/Winwood set was stunning!!!

I want to provide the link once again just for the European folks that may have missed the show last night.

[entimg.msn.com]

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: July 29, 2007 15:33

I like this!!

Date: July 30, 2007 08:36

"You didn't know I was 81, didja?"
B.B. King, directly after absolutely killing with two extended lead sections (on full mojo) and an amazing vocal...07/28/07 chicago.

Date: July 30, 2007 13:34

out of my head Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> i love the whole concept behind these two
> festivals
>
> great shit !!
>
> notice that almost everyone on here is a fender
> strat player
>
> good for business
>
> never the less
>
> great stuff
>
> clapton still is god !
>
> he has put together a hell of a show and his love
> for blues and the guitar will always inspire me
>
> great stuff !!!

yes but i did notice the absolute best guitarist on stage all night was that blond kid with the long pony tail on that gibson sg...he was playing lead for clapton's rhythm a lot of the time and absolutely mind blowing...he reminded me of taylor in a way, tho this boy's got his own unique vibrato and approach...
...just a genius...the smiles from clapton and winwood at this kid were nice to see...he was totally in control and added so much...those desecending lines in 'presence of the lord' that signature descending thing? well this boy is playing lovely moving triplets down the scale and each time a figure ended he completed with a lovely 'moving' slide chord...and always in a different position each time...like he was playing in alternate tunings or something, one from another, however he was tuned...just mind blowing delicious powerful creatively brilliant and genuinely hot handed little effer...my my...what a surprise...he blew everyone else away imo...over and over again...all young fresh faced and in his own little space...just shredding and vibrating such gorgeous melodies fluid lines and hot riffs...always with the slide on, even tho he's all playing the shite out of the thing with only the index and third finger i guess...with some simultaneous slide support...a symphony onto himself...it's good to see...i think he was the most exciting guitarist on the stage...when clapton walked over and stood next to him as they both played 'lead' simultaneously on a tune, it was just heaven...the kid's the hottest pistol in the world right now...
guess you can tell i'm watching the rerun; i missed both of it yesterday...hours and hours and hours...great stuff a lot of it...
i'm embarrassed to say i don't know this young dude's name...but he is so melodic tough and solid and hot; really a mind blowing talent...

i mean clapton et. al. no one was messing with him, or directing him, or arranging him or trying to...the only time they ever made direct eye contact in his direction was just to beam and smile...i mean clapton must've told him, 'just do what you do'...or something...cause i mean he showed no respect heh heh...(actually he was very respectful and musical and 'with' each song totally...) but no respect in the joking way in that, he did what he want...absolute free rein...and reign...virtually adding lead flourished all the time, playing with the melody structure a little, bending it breaking it...just really so solid into it...more personal 'electricity' and hotter hands than anyone else on stage is swear...of course this is just one opinion but there it is...

sliding and gliding so melodious and super hot hot on leads that the temperature cooled a bit when it turned to clapton's leads...and eric was playing GREAT all night...no criticism...he was great all night...but this kid...whoa, some other animal...and i guess they knew it...they just left free to roam around the arrangements however...he was so tight and fluid and on it...totally confident and totally humble at the same time somehow, again not unlike taylor...but definetly his own animal...
...my mind's blown...that kid is tops.

eric and stevie winwood singing that last verse of 'presence of the lord' together was deservedly historic, it was so beautiful...and once again, that blonde kid, the only GIBSON on the stage, haha...just KILLED, KILLED....
all night long...i think him the most talented guitarist on that stage, and the most exciting by far personally...

Date: July 30, 2007 14:46

^^^ Gotta believe the above post is somewhat tongue in cheek ^^^^

In case not - the referenced guitarist is Derek Trucks.

Trucks has played in EC's band during 2006/07 world tour. Trucks had to miss the last 4 or 5 shows of EC's tour to rejoin the ABB for their annual Beacon run.

I thought Derek's best solo or the one I enjoyed the most during the referenced show Sat. night was in "Why Does Love Got To Be So Sad." Also a real thrill at the end of that song EC & Trucks standing beside of each other playing off of each others leads.

Date: July 31, 2007 01:02

thanks 1cdog; no it wasn't 'tongue in cheek' i am THAT ignorant...i love clapton's classic stuff but really kinda avoid most of his latter day popish stuff these last many years...

i've heard the name of course...and heard him being talked about here, but didn't put two and two together, to thanx for the information...i am deeply honestly blown away by the guys' talent...

but please 1cdog, what's this about...(quoting you here):

"trucks had to miss the last 4 or 5 shows of ec's tour to rejoin the ABB for their annual Beacon run" ?
i don't get that...was trucks a guest at the shine a light shows???
i really don't understand that part of it...

anything by trucks you can particularly recommend for me? other than the live clapton stuff you mentioned above...
and hey, thank you...
b

Date: July 31, 2007 01:38

11 years old

Date: July 31, 2007 05:06

Beelyboy Wrote:
> thanks 1cdog; no it wasn't 'tongue in cheek' i am
> THAT ignorant...i love clapton's classic stuff but
> really kinda avoid most of his latter day popish
> stuff these last many years...
>
> i've heard the name of course...and heard him
> being talked about here, but didn't put two and
> two together, to thanx for the information...i am
> deeply honestly blown away by the guys' talent...
>
> but please 1cdog, what's this about...(quoting you
> here):
>
> "trucks had to miss the last 4 or 5 shows of ec's
> tour to rejoin the ABB for their annual Beacon
> run" ?
> i don't get that...was trucks a guest at the shine
> a light shows???
> i really don't understand that part of it...
>
> anything by trucks you can particularly recommend
> for me? other than the live clapton stuff you
> mentioned above...
> and hey, thank you...
> b

Trucks has been a regular member of the Allman Brothers Band (ABcool smiley now for several years. Derek replaced Dicky Betts. The Allman Brothers play about 2 to 3 weeks worth of shows each March @ the Beacon Theater in New York City. Trucks had to leave Clapton's tour a bit early to keep his commitment to the ABB for the Beacon shows.

Yes, Clapton lets Truck cut loose and do his thing all within the structure of the song they are playing. I think that is a testament to EC's character that he is secure enough to do that.

As you noticed, and it is hard not to notice, Derek Trucks is a very special guitar player.

Date: July 31, 2007 05:43

1cdog Wrote:
> > Yes, Clapton lets Truck cut loose and do his thing
> all within the structure of the song they are
> playing. I think that is a testament to EC's
> character that he is secure enough to do that.
>

yeh me too, good point.

> As you noticed, and it is hard not to notice,
> Derek Trucks is a very special guitar player.

yeah and thnx for the info; a bit embarassed to be so behind the curve with a major talent like that...i do listen to clapton but it's usually 'crossroads live from goodbye cream....
...and the allmans live at fillmore from the old days...and duane and eric on derek and the....
...but have just had this huge blind spot to all this...and now i'm a fan and thnx for the info...
i see he has a few solo albums out...i'll give one of them a try...
i'll try to suss out various reviews and such...thanks 1cdog.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: July 31, 2007 06:18

Beelyboy, you were there or just listening?

StonesgirlfromToronto and I were there. She even found me wondering
around. ::waving, hope to see you in London too!::

Aside from all the great highlights presented so far, I so enjoyed the hour-long
Jeff Beck set and especially at the end, "A Day in the Life". Unbelievable.

Robert Cray and Willie Nelson weren't too shabby either or Johnny Winter for his one song or BB King. lcdog, I so agree
about "Why Does Love Have to Be So Sad", wonderful, from Eric.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: July 31, 2007 07:15

Hey Angee! That was a total fluke, but nice to have met you! Beck was excellent, and it was a great day. A friend is a musician and when he and his wife asked about the concert, his only comment X 10 was "You're Kidding! You're Kidding!" as I laid out the acts and songs. The whole day was a rare privilege and I can't wait for the DVD / CD!

Date: July 31, 2007 08:18

hi angee... can't believe you and STG just happened on each other in a crowd like that, not even knowing each other!!! wow!! that's AMAZING...how cool!!!!
nope, i wasn't there...i missed most of it live too! someone here was cool enough to start this thread but i came in live way late with the bill murray into=ing buddy guy's set...and watched till the end...
then last night msn site ran it again and (maybe still again? i dunno)... and i caught everything from robert randolph band on...it woulda killed me to miss beck...winwood...b.b. king was tremendous...etc...as u know...what a pleasure last night i just hit 'full screen' and let 'er rip for HOURS and HOURS...

i still can't believe you gals just randomly found each other at that hugeass festival...TOO VERY COOL!...definetly stones girls...smiling smiley
winking smiley

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: July 31, 2007 08:25

Do these sound like two cool chicks or what Beely?

. . winking smiley

Date: July 31, 2007 08:28

oh yeh... they both had me from the first 'click'
smiling smiley

Date: July 31, 2007 08:39

STG is going to London next. I'm hoping that I can convince her to pack me in her luggage or carry-on. Maybe a large pet-carrier.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-07-31 08:40 by schillid.

Date: July 31, 2007 08:53

i was hoping STG would marry me and we could both share dual citizenship, and rock and roll, (and the untold misery of dealing with my personality)...
then again, i'd have free therapy in canada...then again, i'd also be in uh, canada. heh heh. where i'd reaaaly neeeddd it...just kidding sorta stg!!! what say u drop down into washington, we'll spend a few years in the grass fields of oregon, mosey on down to cali for merlefest and into peyote for some mexico...??
will u marry me?

schillid, you want to be her DOG??-- Iggy would be so proud of you...i know I am!
a lot of times pets live thru those flights!! i'm on your side dude!!!
your move canada...

Date: July 31, 2007 08:56

she's mine!

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1759
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home