Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

astonishing facts about the rolling stones.
Posted by: wee bobby lennox ()
Date: July 28, 2007 00:19

looking at the rocks off site, i came across information about rolling stones concerts from 1962 till today.

according to this site, they done 859 concerts between 1963 and 1965.

they also recorded about 100 songs up till the 1965 period, and had already written a few of thier own.

thats a lot of concerts, a lot of time learning and recording of many songs and a lot of time writing more songs.

how did they find the time to do all of this.

if this is true, then the stones deserve every success that they got.

maybe the spice girls should take note, a bit more hard work and less time posing and they could be the next rolling stones, then again probably not.

ps. if these facts are true, then the stones done more concerts from 1962 to 1967 than they have ever done since.

Re: astonishing facts about the rolling stones.
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 28, 2007 00:32

Yep.whilst theres a bit of a margin for error (plus the argument as to what defines a 'show') they played their 1,000th show during the 1967 European tour.

Their 2,000th was during the European tour last year. at the time I calculated it to be the 2nd Twickenham show (ironic that it took place near where they started) although it could be a couple out either way. The statistic was acknowledged on their official website and commented on by the band themselves last August after we'd brought it to their attention.

Different era back then as you say, when bands like the Stones, Beatles and others had to learn their trade and play hundreds of shows in clubs before they became famous. Now it seems entertainers become famous first and only then have to figure out how to perform live.

Re: astonishing facts about the rolling stones.
Posted by: hickorywind ()
Date: July 28, 2007 00:46

As we keep saying on this site the Rolling Stones are a one off.
With the exception of one Bob Dylan no other bands / musicians will ever go down the same road.To repeat what I have said before count your blessings you are part of all this. I have been with them since my first concert at The Glasgow Odeon in 1965 and will be at the O2 26th August 2007 which I am sure will certainly not be the last time !

Past Present Future
Posted by: hickorywind ()
Date: August 30, 2007 02:02

hickorywind Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> As we keep saying on this site the Rolling Stones
> are a one off.
> With the exception of one Bob Dylan no other bands
> / musicians will ever go down the same road.To
> repeat what I have said before count your
> blessings you are part of all this. I have been
> with them since my first concert at The Glasgow
> Odeon in 1965 and will be at the O2 26th August
> 2007 which I am sure will certainly not be the
> last time !

After witnessing Sunday night at the O2 my thoughts remain unchanged.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1478
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home