Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 3 of 6
Re: Warsaw show and news updates
Posted by: rrronnie ()
Date: July 25, 2007 23:18

Love is strong again! Keep it up, boys!

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: July 25, 2007 23:20

so far we got:

1. Start Me Up
2. You Got Me Rocking
3. Rough Justice
4. Ain't Too Proud To Beg
5. Love Is Strong
6. You Cant Always Get What You Want
7. Midnight Rambler
8. I'll Go Crazy
9. Tumbling Dice

Date: July 25, 2007 23:22

10. You Got The Silver

Date: July 25, 2007 23:25

11. Wanna Hold You

Date: July 25, 2007 23:37

12. Miss you
13. IORR

(b stage)

Posted by: Sohoe ()
Date: July 25, 2007 23:42

14 Get Off Of My Cloud

Date: July 25, 2007 23:42

x

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-07-25 23:45 by open-g.

Posted by: beast of burgk ()
Date: July 25, 2007 23:45

open-g Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> 14. Get Off Of My Cloud (b-stage)

Wow. Seems like they remembered that they did Paint It Black in Poland already (not counting 1967 of course). The tracklist is better than expected...again.

Date: July 25, 2007 23:50

beast of burgk Wrote:
> open-g Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > 14. Get Off Of My Cloud (b-stage)
>
> Wow. Seems like they remembered that they did
> Paint It Black in Poland already (not counting
> 1967 of course). The tracklist is better than
> expected...again.

Maybe you mean Satisfaction, still time for Paint It Black

15. Honky Tonk Women (back to main stage)

Date: July 25, 2007 23:52

I bet Satisfaction will replace Paint it Black on the main stage.

Date: July 25, 2007 23:53

16. Paint it Black

there you are...

Date: July 25, 2007 23:55

lol

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-07-26 00:05 by Sohoe.

Date: July 25, 2007 23:56

17. Jumpin Jack Flash

Date: July 26, 2007 00:04

Photos by
Kacper Pempel/REUTERS

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2007-07-26 00:07 by open-g.

Date: July 26, 2007 00:06

18. Brown Sugar

Date: July 26, 2007 00:12

Thanks to SWojtek for text updates and Gazza @ Rocks Off

1. Start Me Up
2. You Got Me Rocking
3. Rough Justice
4. Ain't Too Proud To Beg
5. Love Is Strong
6. You Cant Always Get What You Want
7. Midnight Rambler
8. I'll Go Crazy
9. Tumbling Dice

10. You Got The Silver
11. Wanna Hold You

12. Miss You (to b-stage)
13. It's Only Rock'n'Roll (b-stage)
14. Get Off Of My Cloud (b-stage)
15. Honky Tonk Women (back to main stage)

16. Paint It Black
17. Jumpin' Jack Flash
18. Brown Sugar

19. (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: July 26, 2007 00:15

A good setlist! Finally a change again on the b-stage smiling smiley smiling smiley
Hope everyone there had a good show!

Belgrade-Bucharest-Budapest-Brno

Date: July 26, 2007 00:15

Posted by: wee bobby lennox ()
Date: July 26, 2007 00:27

they dropped sympathy for the devil.

Date: July 26, 2007 00:41

wee bobby lennox Wrote:
> they dropped sympathy for the devil.

Yeah, I was thinking that it might not be adequate with the national mourning.

Posted by: RollingStonesFan ()
Date: July 26, 2007 00:42

No Sympathy???????? The first stadium-show without it since 1994?

Posted by: monkeyman07 ()
Date: July 26, 2007 00:44

Well , oh yeah , satisfaction doesnt work on the bstage , it must be at the end of the show.
Dont worry about smaller setlists , licks tour of europe was all 19 songs

wipeacdc@hotmail.com
never too old or young to rocknroll!!!!!!

Posted by: stones1 ()
Date: July 26, 2007 00:45

My friend is now near Hyatt hotel. Stones just arivved, back to the hotel.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: July 26, 2007 00:46

Wee Bobby Lennox,

I think it has much to do with the 3 days of national mourning for the 27 Polish pilgrims who died in the Coach Crash in France. Perhaps they though it a bit insensitive to play it. The Stones offered to donate money to a fund set up for the victims' families, but the religious charity organising it refused to accept it as 'dirty cash'. See my thread on that subject.

PS I take it you're a Scot & Celtic fan ? I'm the former too but a Hearts fan..

Best Regards

Posted by: stones1 ()
Date: July 26, 2007 00:47

Stones just arivved.. My friend is alone, He and securoty only... and the Stones are closer and closer...

Date: July 26, 2007 00:47

RollingStonesFan Wrote:
> No Sympathy???????? The first stadium-show without
> it since 1994?

well yes, but if you read the article Gazza posted you can understand the decision.

Gazza wrote:
Polish charity refuses 'dirty money' gift from Rolling Stones

A Polish Catholic charity has refused to take a donation from the Rolling Stones for the families of 26 Polish pilgrims killed in a coach crash last week.

The group said it would donate money from ticket sales from its concert in Warsaw to the families of those who died in the coach crash in France.

But the Caritas charity said it wanted nothing to do with the band's offer because the concert was taking place during a period of national mourning for the dead which ends at midnight tonight.

The Rolling Stones are currently touring Poland

Father Zbigniew Sobolewski, a spokesperson for Caritas, said: "We will not be opening any account from which money raised from the organisers or sponsors of the concert might be passed on.

"Caritas Poland wants to respect the time of mourning as an occasion when reflection on life and death and prayer can take place."

But the concert's Polish organisers slammed Caritas' decision.

Anna Tanska of the Viva Art agency said: "Caritas has reached the conclusion that since the money raised by the Rolling Stones will be 'dirty money' then they won't take it for the families of the victims.

"They just prefer it if they don't have anything to do with it and the families don't get the money.

"What good is it if we just fold our arms and do nothing? The victims' families have to live off something. People from show business can help them to some extent, by doing what they do best."

Wreckage: The remains of the bus which was transporting Polish pilgrims from a holy site in the French Alps

She added that they hoped to persuade another charity, the Polsat Foundation, to collect the money although they did not know yet how much it would be.

She said they were expecting 40,000 people to attend and that tickets were sold at between £30 and £200.

She added that there would be a minute's silence at the concert as a mark of respect for those who died.

Meanwhile, though, fellow British rocker Rod Stewart moved a concert which had been planned for Tuesday to Thursday so that it did not take place during the period of national mourning, local media reported.

Before the Rolling Stones even perform there are still fears at one point that the concert may have to be called off after it was reported the band were likely to end up on a blacklist of "Satanic" performers.

Local authorities and the government confirmed they would be consulting a list being drawn up by an NGO called the All-Polish Defence Committee Against Sects (OKOPS), which tries to track down corrupting influences on Polish society and youth.

And government ministries and local authorities said they would use it as a basis of deciding which bands will be banned from performing, and there were fears that it might mean a ban for the Stones concert.

Urszula Sienkiewicz-Nogal of Bialystok city council said: "Nowadays we rarely know anything about the bands that are performing in our city and the list would enable us to identify the dangerous ones much more easily.

"I don't think anyone with common sense would allow concerts by any of the artists included in the document to be carried out."

The Justice and Interior ministries have also said that they have asked for a copy of the list and will be using it in connection with creating and enforcing legislation on cults and sects.

In the late 1960s and early 1970s there were claims the Rolling Stones members supported the occult and Satanism after releasing tracks like Sympathy for the Devil.

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Posted by: llaushin ()
Date: July 26, 2007 01:09

nice set but they should drop satisfaction

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: July 26, 2007 01:18

The show was fantastic! They were on fire. Yep, they didn't do SFTD probably due to National Mourning but instead of this we got both YGMR & Love Is Strong and Get Off of My Cloud. Perfect (or as would Steve Harley say: F@*ing perfect!) Goodnight...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-07-26 01:19 by franzk.

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: July 26, 2007 01:23

Great review!

The newspaper article is interesting; it seems that Church is still very powerful in Poland!

Posted by: gstone ()
Date: July 26, 2007 01:56

What a fantastic crowd! Keith said it: You guys are SO cool! The Stones probably got extra inspiration from a crowd that was totally into it, from the very first riff. This was my 100th Stones concert, and I'm glad I spent it with the best Stones audience in the world, outside Argentia.
They did not play Sympathy, out of respect for those who died, and their friends and families.That's fine by me. And by the look on their faces, it seemed as if the Stones were ok with that, too. I have not seen them as smiling and inspired on this tour as they were tonight in Warzaw.
Keith was at his best. I'm glad to say. Have not seen him as good as this on any of the shows this summer. And he looks uch healthier. And che audience simply loved him. He got a fantastic cheer from what looked like a packed horseracing track. I did not count... Nor have I spoken with the police, who are usually good at estimating the number of an audience. But I would not be surprised if there were 60.ooo people present. And yes, we're lucky bastards. We got a fabulous concert, Mick got his "Happy Birthday" song - several times, and people just would not leave. Who can sleep after such an experience? I can't - and there are several bars here at the Marriott. Looking forward to St. Petersburg, Helsinki, Gothenburg, Copenhagen, Oslo, Dusseldorf, Hamburg, Dublin and 3 times London. Cheers!

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 3 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1279
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home