Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

The NEXT TOUR????
Posted by: mrrockandroll ()
Date: August 2, 2007 01:24

When will the next tour begin? And shall Mick Jagger still be that energetic???

Re: The NEXT TOUR????
Posted by: svendborg ()
Date: August 2, 2007 01:33

I still think the shows in London later this month will make the end :-(

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: August 2, 2007 01:37

svendborg Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I still think the shows in London later this month
> will make the end :-(

I don't ... I DID, but I don't any more.

Date: August 2, 2007 01:39

paulywaul Wrote:

> I don't ... I DID, but I don't any more.

Okay, what made you change your mind?

Date: August 2, 2007 01:46

Gut instinct ... so it'll be interesting to see whether that instinct, that has by and large served me very well in my 52 years to date, continues to do so - or not ? Roll on 2008, and we'll see what the boys get up to.

I suppose in part what made me change my mind was hearing the odd comment here and there in the few bits and pieces of "the Biggest Bang" DVD that I've listened to so far; I just cannot help but get the impression that they still think they've got something in them and have no particular wish to "stop rolling" - at least not QUITE yet.

Date: August 2, 2007 01:49

paulywaul Wrote:
> Gut instinct ... so it'll be interesting to see
> whether that instinct, that has by and large
> served me very well in my 52 years to date,
> continues to do so - or not ? Roll on 2008, and
> we'll see what the boys get up to.
>
> I suppose in part what made me change my mind was
> hearing the odd comment here and there in the few
> bits and pieces of "the Biggest Bang" DVD that
> I've listened to so far; I just cannot help but
> get the impression that they still think they've
> got something in them and have no particular wish
> to "stop rolling" - at least not QUITE yet.

Well hope your right. I've enjoyed the DVD set a lot, even if there quite a number of overdubs. But the live show I attended last year was just great...hope this sundays concert will be as well :-)

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: August 2, 2007 01:57

After this tour, what WILL end will be these large tours that go to every corner of the world that span 2 years. I think for sure...those are over.

After a break of maybe a year or year and a half...Mick will call Keith or vice versa and who knows what will happen.

For this band to take a different direction and approach to touring at this stage of the game is very appropriate.

Posted by: georgeV ()
Date: August 2, 2007 03:24

I would say it probably depends on what Keith starts writing about Mick in his autobiography! That could really spell the end of the old friendship.

Posted by: tat2you ()
Date: August 2, 2007 04:43

They take a year off.........if possible...i belive they have to re-charge ...lots of HGH.....

Posted by: stones_serb ()
Date: August 2, 2007 05:00

I do believe they they will go on tour once again.I wish they would do an arena shows tour in Europe.That would be just great and the shows will be easily sold out(I think that in years to come interest in seeing The Stones will be lower due to their age but I might be wrong).Well let's just hope Keith will overcome whatever problems he has because it seems that he is not of very good health lately,at least, according to some of the fans' reports.

Overall,the boys seem to be in excellent shape.They can put on a show ,more energetic than 99% of younger acts' shows.

Date: August 2, 2007 07:41

georgeV Wrote:
> I would say it probably depends on what Keith
> starts writing about Mick in his autobiography!
> That could really spell the end of the old
> friendship.

Good point! But the two years in between tours could be the appropriate healing time they would need....

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: August 2, 2007 10:27

2 years is too much. I'd give them about 6-8 monthes and they will be back over to the U.S. for a major arena tour.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: bart-man ()
Date: August 2, 2007 11:25

I don't think they are going to plan a huge tour again like The Bigger Bang Tour. It's getting to much. Maybe a couple of arena shows in the US and Europe next year. Don't forget touring is quite heavy. Plane in plane out, hotel, fotoshoot here, rehearsel there, show, back to the hotel. The next day travelling to another country ect...etc... And all that for the average age of 60+. Respect to them to live a life like this.

Date: August 2, 2007 12:16

georgeV Wrote:
> I would say it probably depends on what Keith
> starts writing about Mick in his autobiography!
> That could really spell the end of the old
> friendship.

Very good. What I do think however is quite telling about the way Micks views his own - and the Stones' accomplishments to date - is in what he is reported to have said about writing his own biography. He supposedly said that he had started writing it, but had given up on it because he felt he couldn't remember anything of any great interest !! What a bloody bizarre statement.

I find this quite curious, because by any stretch of the imagination he must have led a pretty damm interesting life, and to be so almost "dismissive" of it fits in rather well with how he came across in that "Being Mick" documentary - which was largely extremely unsentimental. I don't think he's in the slightest bit sentimental about the last 45 years, he definitely gives the impression that nostalgia just doesn't really have a place in his life, he seems to pursue his life along the lines of "well that was THEN and it's history, so now lets get on with the future". At a push he might admit to being vaguely "proud" of his own and the band's accomplishments so far, but that seems to be almost as far as it goes.

All in all, a bit of a "cold fish" I guess some would say. Or maybe he's just ultra ultra cynical about the whole "fame" thing etc, and just thinks of himself as a singer in a rock n' roll band, one of many singers in one of many rock n' roll bands.

F*** knows !!

Anyway, I hope they keep going, so in that respect I hope Keith ain't TOO cruel in what he says about him, and the Glimmers don't have yet ANOTHER huge bloody row that last until the 22nd century. They've got SHOWS to perform ... so come on boys, ON with it !!

Date: August 2, 2007 12:23

sweetcharmedlife Wrote:
> 2 years is too much. I'd give them about 6-8
> monthes and they will be back over to the U.S. for
> a major arena tour.

No I don't believe that. If they ever tour again, then they need a break for 2 or 3 years to get revitalized. I think they most be quite tired of all the travelling right now, it's 2 years with a few short breaks in between.
They have never ever started a new major tour after just 6-8 months.
Still believe this will be last, but maybe they will something together in the future, but not on this scale.

Posted by: tat2you ()
Date: August 2, 2007 12:58

cant take off 3 years ....."grandpa is a rolling stone"

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1289
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home