Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Keith Tele's with humbucker
Posted by: anagyrus ()
Date: July 11, 2007 22:31

Hi, I got a question for all the guitar experts:

I have always notice the humbucker in the neck position in (most of) keith’s teles, but...the question is.... in every single pic where you can distinguish the position of the pickup selector, you can see it’s in the brige position. So, can you get the neck pickup sound if the selector is in the bridge position? Shouldn’t it be selected the neck pickup since he changed the original for the humbucker?

Sorry for my english
Anagyrus

Re: Keith Tele's with humbucker
Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: July 11, 2007 22:33

This was discussed fairly recently (last month or so). Some say that his selector switch is reversed. It wouldn't make sense to have the humbucker if you were using only the bridge pick-up.

sssoul and Mathijs know a lot more about this than I.

"No Anchovies, Please"

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: July 11, 2007 22:35

your English looks fine! you might want to make the acquaintance of the Ratbag Boogie: [www.iorr.org]
the index to guitar threads where Kind Patient Learned Guitar Experts talk about just this kind of thing.
there are a couple of thread about Keith's Telecasters - have fun!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-07-11 23:53 by with sssoul.

Re: Keith Tele\'s with humbucker
Posted by: King Snake ()
Date: July 11, 2007 23:11

Am I wrong to say that he at times switches to a fatter sound for some solo runs, as for example in Jumping Jack Flash and You Can`t Always Get What You Want?

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: July 11, 2007 23:57

found the recent thread about this exact question: [www.iorr.org]
it's not in the Ratbag Boogie, but i guess it should be! off i go to fix that ...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 719
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home