Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Pre Show Music
Posted by: stein ()
Date: September 14, 2007 19:46

Time of the season.
Zombies

Posted by: Rev. Robert W. ()
Date: September 14, 2007 20:40

"Got Love If You Want It" by Slim Harpo was used before Boston Orpheum and Roseland in 2002. Maybe also "Who Do You Love?" by Bo Diddley. And some John Lee Hooker

I've heard Smokey Robinson's "Going To A Go Go" a couple of times before more recent shows...

Wish I could be more helpful on this. I always love the mix of stuff they come up with and the way it sets up the audience for the Stones. I'll be very interested to see other people's recollections.

PS: Cannonball Adderley's "Sticks" was used in '97-'98 when the Stones would cross the bridge to the Babylon b-stage. Excellent track.

Posted by: Rev. Robert W. ()
Date: September 15, 2007 06:33

Thought of a GREAT track that I believe has been used on several recent tours:

"Madison Blues" by Elmore James (Chess Records)

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: September 18, 2007 21:48

"Ready Or Not Here I Come" - The Delfonics

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: September 18, 2007 21:52

Was Exodus used as Post Show Music overall this time?

Date: September 18, 2007 22:02

Baboon Bro Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Was Exodus used as Post Show Music overall this time?

Since sometime in August last year.
Before that, it was "I Shot The Sheriff".
On Licks, "Monkey Man" and "Got To Be There" by Toots & The Maytals.

Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: September 19, 2007 01:50

D'you mean an intro song or just the ambient shite that's normally played? Fanfare was the very best, no holds barred. Everything else has been pastiche, and tired pastiche at that.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: September 19, 2007 05:15

during Steel Wheels-Urban Jungle (if I remember it right) and Voodoo Lounge they always had a great reggae tune on pre-show tape, never figured out what it was, female voice, so no Bob Marley or Toots stuff...

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: September 19, 2007 10:20

I heared Velvet Underground, Otis Redding, John Lee Hooker in Budapest 2007, I think.And of course Exodus in the end (Bob Marley)

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: September 19, 2007 11:11

Pressure Point- The Zutons

was one of the last tracks played,
before the band hit the stage, this summer

Date: September 19, 2007 13:40

alimente Wrote:
> during Steel Wheels-Urban Jungle (if I remember it
> right) and Voodoo Lounge they always had a great
> reggae tune on pre-show tape, never figured out
> what it was, female voice, so no Bob Marley or
> Toots stuff...

any reggae professors here able to find it out? it was a great tune, and it was not exactly common like Marley and the like....always thought it came from Keiths huge reggae collection!

besides that, what stuck in my mind since those tours was Respect Yourself by the Staple Singers, a great tune that was always played in the last 10-20 minutes before the Stones hit the Stage....this built up the excitement perfectly!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-09-19 13:44 by alimente.

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: September 19, 2007 13:54

ALso, Paul Shafer's theme for the "Knights Of Prosperity" TV show.

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: September 19, 2007 14:00

SNAP "I've got the power" before the urban jungle tour

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-09-19 14:03 by toomuchforme.

Posted by: tattooyou ()
Date: September 19, 2007 14:51

erikjjf Wrote:
> Handova Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > NickB Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > At Sheffield & Twickenham 2006 I heard a great
> soul cover of Sunshine Of Your Love which I think
> was released on the Chess label.
> >
> >
> > This was played on the Spanish shows as well, so
> I suppose it's a regular on the current Euro
> tour.
> >
> > Anyone knows WHO performs this version ???
>
> Ella Fitzgerald?

The version they played is by Spanky Wilson. Amazing record!

Date: September 19, 2007 15:37

tattooyou Wrote:
> The version they played is by Spanky Wilson.
> Amazing record!

Thanks for the info! I will check it out.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: September 19, 2007 15:56

A couple of Johnny Cash songs have aired on recent tours.

Posted by: jacopo ()
Date: September 19, 2007 16:06

Diana Ross - Upside Down

great topic, i'm looking for a song but i don't know the name, hope to find here...
and fantastic idea the "Pre Show Music CD" !!
ciao

Posted by: 61' telecaster ()
Date: September 19, 2007 23:37

Concerning Belgrade show which I attended, I didn't hear much of pre-show music but what I remember is: The Black Keys - Girl is on My Mind, then Kings of Leon, White Stripes and Radio Moscow but can't remember what songs ... I rather enjoyed having fun with folks around me instead making efforts to hear music which was at very low volume. Bob Marley after the show was even louder than Stones.

When I started writing I thought I would remember more but I can't.

Date: January 6, 2008 12:27

Kings Of Leon - "King of the Rodeo"

Posted by: rwoody ()
Date: August 3, 2012 01:33

>any reggae professors here able to find it out? it was a great tune, and it was not exactly common like Marley and the like....always thought it came from Keiths huge reggae collection!

hi, was wondering if you ever found out what this was. I too heard it before the Steel Wheels show in Raleigh in '89 and always wondered who it was and could never track it down; stumbled on your post about it and thought i'd ask. the one i'm thinking about had a kind of lilty/sing-songy feel to it. thx

rob

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: August 3, 2012 13:12

The only song I remember is bits of Rough Justice. I remember heraing it all over the place. Was for an ad or something.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: August 3, 2012 14:53

On the 1990 Urban Jungle tour they played a great selection of music including ace New Zealand band The Chills doing The Oncoming Day. I also remember them playing Hey Paula by Paul and Paula.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: August 3, 2012 15:26

Silver Dagger
On the 1990 Urban Jungle tour they played a great selection of music including ace New Zealand band The Chills doing The Oncoming Day. I also remember them playing Hey Paula by Paul and Paula.

I also remember them playing "LA Woman" by Billy Idol.

The selection was indeed terrific on that tour and ever since I've been trying to track down an African song they used to play a few minutes before showtime which sounded very like (but apparently isn't) Youssou N'dour.

I suppose its a long shot to think anyone remembers it 22 years on, but I may as well ask!

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: August 3, 2012 15:59

the only pre-show one I remember from 2007 is "Should I Stay Or Should I go".
"Exodus" is the only one after the show I kept in mind.

Posted by: austrianstones ()
Date: August 11, 2012 13:22

i wanna share some premusic(no artwork), that i got thankfully from an austrian guy smiling smiley

of course the quality is very,very audience, but everytime i hear that stuff, i get goosepumps again, and remember the good old time at the licks tour.

with each song you`ve known how much time is left to the start of the concert, because the music was always the same... the people were shouting, but you know some songs are left, so you can catch another beer.....drinking smiley

cheers...

[rapidshare.com] licks tour (tx to pako).rar

Date: August 11, 2012 20:33

rwoody
>any reggae professors here able to find it out? it was a great tune, and it was not exactly common like Marley and the like....always thought it came from Keiths huge reggae collection!

hi, was wondering if you ever found out what this was. I too heard it before the Steel Wheels show in Raleigh in '89 and always wondered who it was and could never track it down; stumbled on your post about it and thought i'd ask. the one i'm thinking about had a kind of lilty/sing-songy feel to it. thx

rob

Hi Rob,

a "lilty/sing-songy feel" - yeah, I am pretty sure we're talking about the same song.

However, I was never able to track it down. I've searched high and low in recent years, but no success so far. Strange, because it was a pre-show regular 1989/90, 1994/95 and, if my memory is right, even during BTB. It's obviously not one of the "famous" reggae tunes, but it's so great nonetheless.

Date: August 12, 2012 02:51

austrianstones
i wanna share some premusic(no artwork), that i got thankfully from an austrian guy smiling smiley

of course the quality is very,very audience, but everytime i hear that stuff, i get goosepumps again, and remember the good old time at the licks tour.

with each song you`ve known how much time is left to the start of the concert, because the music was always the same... the people were shouting, but you know some songs are left, so you can catch another beer.....drinking smiley

cheers...

[rapidshare.com] licks tour (tx to pako).rar

Unfortunately the link does not work...please check! I'm keen to hear the stuff.

Posted by: austrianstones ()
Date: August 12, 2012 14:41

alimente,

give me your e-mail.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1709
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home