Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: ipod hi-fi
Posted by: Nelson ()
Date: July 4, 2007 00:51

I dont now much abot it,but I got interested,its portabal,small,and could play tousends of songs. But I grew up with Nad and Marantz and cerwin vega. So Their no possibility to compare. But right now it should suit me fine,maybe Iam wrong. Do you have any experiens from the ipod hi-fi?

Re: OT: ipod hi-fi
Posted by: micawber K ()
Date: July 4, 2007 01:35

Yeah I have one and I can seriously say it is the best thing that you can click your ipod into on the market. I had one of the bose brand and it paled in comparison to this beauty I could not believe it when I turned it on!! Buy one forget about the rest!

Date: July 4, 2007 09:06

Thanh you micawber. Its get me in a deja vo,when you had i getto-blaster were ever you traveled on bicikle and smoking and drinking. But this one I will have in the summer house when I do some carpenting and painting. Shit Iam getting old and boring.Thing aII bring the ipod to the beach with a couple of beer and a fat joint. Joking- hows the sounde in the machine. I think thers no need to buy 80G ipod, right now Ive got one 1gig, but thinkig to upgrade to an 8G And most importent:how the sound..Many Tanks Rockers. ANd yeah micawber this is the one who counts.i am amazed.

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: July 4, 2007 09:41

I bought an 8GB Ipod Nano recently and I am really satisfied.
I converted my CDs in 160 AAC files. I may put about 1300 songs in it in this format, which is pretty good considering the length of some songs.
He deals with gapless options which was my absolute condition of purchase.

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Posted by: WilcoMick ()
Date: July 4, 2007 09:54

I have the 60Gb Ipod video and I like it a lot, but it doesn't hold 15.000 songs. Right now I have almost 4.000 songs on it and some 5 Gb left to fill. I also have some Stones video on it and that's great, screen is very good. Read that 100 million Ipods are sold and I fully understand, the Ipod rules!

Wilco

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: July 4, 2007 10:38

I've the same feeling as Nelson, not dare to compare with Bose or Cerwin Vega but since I never use my HI-FI set anymore and I always carry my ipod 30Gb (I've put almost 6000 songs in it) I've started to seriously think about geting an ipod hi-fi.

Thanks for the info micawber K.

Posted by: gimme_shelter ()
Date: July 4, 2007 14:30

Ipod pales in comparison to the Iaudio X5. great machine, flays FLAC and WAV, no need for Itunes too

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: July 4, 2007 15:49

"i-pod" and "HiFi" should not be used in the same sentence...or even in the same freakin' book !

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: July 4, 2007 16:32

good call, Spud.

those i-pod - tunes- phones... products are highly overrated and expensive, so much hype about them, mainly because of design.
folks seem blind for the lowdowns of those gadgets.

Posted by: custom55 ()
Date: July 4, 2007 17:44

I would highly recommend the hi-fi. I have one and the thing rocks and it is loud !!! when plugged in. The only issue I have with it is the volume is kinda low when you run it off the batteries. If you listen to most of your music off your ipod --- buy it.

Posted by: JuanTCB ()
Date: July 4, 2007 17:47

Nelson, if you're gonna upgrade to an 8GB, you might as well spend a few extra bucks at get the 30GB, just for the added flexibility, because they fill up fast.

I rip everything at 256 and it sounds as good as my old Discman and, going back a ways, Walkman. One thing, though - the little white earbuds that come with it SUCK. Pick up a pair of noise-cancelling headphones with decent bass response and you'll be good to go.

I also use the "ROCK" EQ pre-set - it scoops out the mid-range a bit to give the illusion of more depth.

Date: July 4, 2007 18:31

Spud Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "i-pod" and "HiFi" should not be used in the same
> sentence...or even in the same freakin' book !
Hey Iam not an expert,but thats what it namned in the ad and on the box

Date: July 4, 2007 18:40

But is this the first generation of this kind. If so will the price get lower and with less begginer problem?
And Custom 55 it will work with ussually jack in the wall-want it? Without battery. I find it a pice of art. Finally 8Gb or 60 Gb?

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: July 4, 2007 18:55

8 or 60 ???

Well that's what I asked myself too, ask yourself the following questions :

- Will you really watch videos on that small screen on a regular basis ?
- Isn't the Ipod too big / too heavy for my pockets, compared to the nano
- Are 1200 songs (average of 4 min/per song => 4800 min = 60hrs) enough at a time ? (I encode my CDs in AAC 160)

What you should know too :

- The Ipod is a harddrive device, which is always more fragile than the flash memory of an Ipod Nano. It also has less autonomy, for the same reason.
- The Ipod's surface is more scratchable than the aluminium finish of the Nano, but hey, you'll probably buy a protection anyway.

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Date: July 4, 2007 21:03

Thanks Doc. No iI do not want to wath video, minimum for that is the 19 computer screen. Who whatses video on an ipod? I just want the music with a remote. My girlfriend says that I should stick to just the ipod,she dont get it. we rockers want to play for other people to,isnt that the point sometimes?
And JuanTCB Ive got koss earplugg,used them for years. Is the 30G in nano,I dont want video ,just the best for music. And the REMOTE!!! Havent got one for 20 years. Thanks again all of you,I love music,but Iamk not a teknically freak.

I even remember when the hottest thing out there was a "rullbandare"-for swedes.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2255
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home