Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Your Funniest Stones Moment
Posted by: neilly43 ()
Date: June 30, 2007 00:00

Its all getting a bit heavy at the minute what with Keef/set list bashing and political opinion being spouted so just to lighten the mood for a bit what is your favourite Stones funny moment. I always like for some reason most of what Charlie has to say (he looks so uncomfortable speaking on camera) but I love especially his comment on 12X5 when asked how much money the Stones earn "I don't know, how much Bill, thousands, Multi Million Dollar Concern". Don't know why just makes me smile. Whats yours?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-06-30 00:04 by neilly43.

Re: Your Funniest Stones Moment
Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: June 30, 2007 00:02

I like the interview from the mid 70s when Mick Inttupts keith and then keith says "Pardon me young fellow, she was talking to me"

and then theres a clip I think its from charlie is my darling where keith is at the piano and mick is sitting on it drinking from a wine glass. and Keith says "WHO do you think you are...Mick Jagger?"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-06-30 00:03 by ryanpow.

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: June 30, 2007 00:25

This is not entirely Stones . I loved the Saturday Night Live skit with Mike Myers as Mick and Mick as Keith . It was great !!

See for yourselves .

Posted by: JMARKO ()
Date: June 30, 2007 00:26

Mick: "Keef cut his finger on a razor blaaaaade!"

That's one of them for sure.

J

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: June 30, 2007 00:46

Me: Puking thru Van Halen's set, then recovering in time for the Stones. Orlando -1981.

Them: The interview by the fool on Video Rewind - Why Some Girls? Let It Bleed? Do girls still scream when you perform? etc.

"No Anchovies, Please"

Date: June 30, 2007 00:58

Heya Scotty. Hope you are keeping well. Like what you said on the Bomb thread. Take care my friend.

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: June 30, 2007 01:05

I love the press conference for the new tour (Steel Wheels?) when the lady interviewer in the crowd says "is this it, is this the final tour", and Mick starts clapping and says really loud and sarcastic "Thank you, thank you, who was it, who asked it, first asked in 1965(?)". He makes her look like a total boob. It was awesome.

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: June 30, 2007 01:05

I posted it before i dont know...in 03 at the end those canons..with the red flowers...up front....wouldnt go off......you heard the sound but they didnt came out...i was stoned so it even made it more funny....aND VERY r&r!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-06-30 01:07 by rooster.

Posted by: sjs12 ()
Date: June 30, 2007 01:10

How about that interview with that strange Australian comedian. Can't remember his name though, although I think it ends in the question / answer:

Q: What was your inspiration for the album let it bleed?
A: I tell you what it would have been - it would have been your face...

Well, can't remember the exact quote but it was hilarious, as was the whole interview.

And the other really funy one is in the stanley booth book true adventures of the rolling stones. Again, can't remember the exact quote, but a women passes by and says "they're hair could do with a rinse". Keith retorts - "your c*nt could do with a rinse".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-06-30 01:11 by sjs12.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 30, 2007 01:11

Norman Gunstan....

ROCKMAN

Date: June 30, 2007 01:14

Sjs12, thanks for that Keith quote, just made me laugh out loud!

Posted by: scaffer ()
Date: June 30, 2007 01:18

In the film 'Let's Spend The Night Together' (live 1981) - they play Start Me Up, perform the big ending ... and Charlie keeps playing.

Bill Wyman and Ron Wood catch the mistake and keep the song going without losing a note - Keith and Mick look around at everybody and appear totally confused.

They do one more full round, with Mick wildly gesticulating that THIS time is REALLY the end, and they succeed in bringing the song in safely.

Check out Ronnie Wood nearly falling over with laughter ('If you start me up ... I'll NEVER stop!').

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: June 30, 2007 01:18

sjs12 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
"they're hair could do with a rinse". Keith retorts - "your c*nt could do with a rinse".

I just spit my drink out! I don't remember that one!!! That's freakin hilarious!!!!

Posted by: sjs12 ()
Date: June 30, 2007 01:54

Glad I made you chortle - even if it was via the media of Keith quotes!

Posted by: Markdog ()
Date: June 30, 2007 03:02

Hearing Back To Zero the first time.

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: June 30, 2007 05:58

Mine would have to be during the Stones '81 tour. They had done a few surprise gigs in small clubs under various nome de plumes and so one October night in October '81 a gig by a band called Fatu and Fabulous Polynesian Group was suddenly announced at the Warfield in San Francisco. The date was 3rd October as I recall and the Stones had no gig scheduled that night and speculation was rife that is was indeed the Stones. Anyway my mate, his girl friend and I bought tickets and sallied forth to Warfield. Suspicions began to arise when we saw a large contingent of South Sea Islanders but undeterred we entered the venue, took our seats and waited in eager anticipation for the curtain. The house lights dimmed, the curtain parted and what should we see but a Samoan Elvis impersonator called Fatu backed by his band of Polynesians. Cries for Midnight Rambler and Rip This Joint alas went unheeded. No one laughed more than I.

Date: June 30, 2007 06:02

CLASSIC...!!!

ROCKMAN

Date: July 2, 2007 14:07

Press conference 2003 Munich. Keih answering nearly all questions with: "It`s a secret"

Posted by: Svartmer ()
Date: July 2, 2007 14:56

There´s another funny one on 12x5 when Mick & Keith are going through Mixed Emotions. After searching around for a while Keith points at the guitar neck and says "You need another chord in there". Great fun.

Posted by: Orbit ()
Date: July 2, 2007 15:04

The OGWT 1977 interview with MJ, RW and CW: MJ answering the phone and telling Charlie his dinner's ready, RW saying the TV director's 'old lady' weas really ill etc etc.

Posted by: vudicus ()
Date: July 2, 2007 15:12

ryanpow Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I like the interview from the mid 70s when Mick
> Inttupts keith and then keith says "Pardon me
> young fellow, she was talking to me"
>
> and then theres a clip I think its from charlie is
> my darling where keith is at the piano and mick is
> sitting on it drinking from a wine glass. and
> Keith says "WHO do you think you are...Mick
> Jagger?"

can you provide a clip of this? I would love to see it! cheers

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: July 2, 2007 15:46

The timeless keith hammering-fan-on-stage with the custom

Not much the hammering itself, but the way he starts playing again, as if nothin happened!

C

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: July 2, 2007 15:55

Love Charlie's quote from 5 x 25 ... "5 years playing and 20 years hanging around, I mean what have we done today for example ? Nothing !"

Long live the reluctant rock star !!

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: July 2, 2007 16:07

Thanks, neilly.

"No Anchovies, Please"

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: July 2, 2007 16:13

The Dirty Work interviews are real funny - the expression on Keith's face when drinking of that bottle of his. ALso when Jagger is being interviewed in a seperate hotelroom at those interviews - and gives a Keith parody for a brief moment "Nooowwwaa...it just.....happened maaan" when the interviewer asks about the Dirty Work session
And as somebody mentioned the OGWT interview 1977 is a classic

Posted by: Rock'n'roller ()
Date: July 2, 2007 16:19

Nothing beats £300 for 2 tickets, plus an extra £15 each booking fees. Oh, and then car parking, food, merchandise... Laugh? I nearly died.

Posted by: JuanTCB ()
Date: July 2, 2007 16:19

So many contenders over the years...

- Keith punching Brian over the leg of chicken

- "WE PISS ANYWHERE, MAN!" "GET OFF MY FORESKIN!"

- Mick's hair, 1989

- Mick's interpretive dance, "2000 Light Years", 1989-90

- Keith in 25x5, describing meeting Mick at the train station - "Hey man, nice to see you... but WHERE'D YOU GET THE REKKIDS!?"

- whenever Charlie looks at his guitarists or his singer and rolls his eyes

- The Mick and Stevie synchronized dance, '72

- any picture from the matching black leather vest shoot in '63 (Dezo Hoffman shot it, I think) - Keith looks like a chimp

- Keith & Ron shooting pool and being interviewed by Kurt Loder backstage at Shea in '89 - Keith, especially, is fall-down drunk

- Mick in the "Have You Seen Your Mother" photo shoot

- the "Start Me Up" video - the whole damn thing

Date: July 2, 2007 16:22

She Was Hot.....vid......

ROCKMAN

Posted by: wineaux ()
Date: July 2, 2007 16:59

I'd have to say it was at the United Center / Chicago in April 98 (B2B tour)... our seats were right next to the B stage so as they're playing and we're standing right at the corner, Mick comes over and is right above us. My friend decides to flash him!! I've got a great shot of Mick looking down at her with the most perplexed look on his face!!! I laugh every time I look at the picture. At least she can honestly say that Mick Jagger has seen her (.)(.)s!!

Date: July 2, 2007 17:00

Ronnie Wood on stage in Stockholm 2003 (The "We're all allowed a bump in the road-incident") smiling smiley Priceless!

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1901
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home