Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: The B STAGE : Would the show be better off without it?
Posted by: rknuth ()
Date: June 20, 2007 17:06

It's time worn. I mean they do it now for 10 years (happy birthday!).

Everything is the same since 10 years, the backing band, the concept, the cover songs (ok, other titles but same doing), so in the meanwhile it's really getting boring. You know when Keith has his set, you know when they go out on b-stage, when they come back and so on...

Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: June 23, 2007 22:27

GET RID OF THE MAIN STAGE!!!! All the screens, ballons, and other "toys" just distract from the music. The reason the b-stage works is that it feels intimate and the fans get a feeling of being in a smaller venue. Keep the b and play mulable dates in smaller venues.

Posted by: RainyEyes1 ()
Date: June 23, 2007 22:42

Absolutely not! It's a great concept and it has it's purpose. As mentioned by several others--they need to pull out the gems for the b-stage.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: June 23, 2007 22:45

What about a c-stage? To be reached from the b-stage, and then
back to a-stage via zeppelin.

Date: June 23, 2007 22:56

You have my vote to keep the B-Stage concept!

But besides that, they should play "B-sides", rarities and early 1960's numbers on it and save the Hot Rocks/Warhorses for the final stretch run on the main stage.

I had the best of both worlds...I was on the pitch/floor in the "B" section which gave me a full panoramic view & sound. When they went to B-stage, I was 3 meters from the B-stage.

At the Boston opener in 2005 my wife went and she didn't want me to spend the $$$$ on floor seats so we had first base side grandstand seats, which are perfect for a baseball game, but not so much for a Fenway concert where they place the stage in deep center field. Anyway, the B-stage was a real treat when we were in the "cheap seats" for that one.

When they play songs such as It's all over now, Route 66, Like a Rolling Stone, Little Queenie, The Last Time, etc it's great because it creates a feel of their early club days and gives the fans in the back of the stadium a closer view.

All that said, I'll be thankful if they continue to perform anywhere in any manner once this 2007 tour leg is finished.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1672
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home