Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

I Just Can't Be Satisfied!
Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: June 18, 2007 14:55

I just watched 2 out of the 4 disks from their new DVD Collection, A Bigger Bang and I have to say how mesmerized I've been! The selection that epitomizes why I love this band so much is when Mick starts to practice " I Can't Be Satisfied" and Charlie just grins at him, obviously enjoying Mick's performance very much and applauding him! Then Charlie and Keith kick in, and Ronnie just ambles in and plugs in his Fender, joining in as the song builds! AWESOME! This is the Stones, going back to their roots with Mick showing how adept he is on slide guitar and his singing is just inspiring. He has the blues voice and the rock voice and I have to say I think I like the blues voice best! Over all, what I've seen with this collection has been incredible; I watched the Documentary disk first and loved the way the live performance sequences are meshed in with the interview/talk. Very well done. More later after I watch parts 2 and 3.

Re: I Just Can't Be Satisfied!
Posted by: Debra ()
Date: June 18, 2007 20:40

P.S. What do you think the odds are that we'll see the Stones perform this song, say on the B-Stage? They used to play " Little Red Rooster" there!!

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: June 18, 2007 20:41

Keep the reviews coming, Debra smiling smiley
I only got the audio rips, can't wait to actually see all that stuff!
Just Can't Be Satisfied would be cool on the b-stage. They also played I Just Wanna Make Love To You there, so why not.

Belgrade-Bucharest-Budapest-Brno

Posted by: vudicus ()
Date: June 18, 2007 20:42

Damn the late UK release!!!!!!!!!

I want my Biggest Bang DVD box dammitt!!!!!

Posted by: Stargroves ()
Date: June 18, 2007 20:43

At last, an interesting post. I thought this was going to be another variation on a theme winking smiley

I do hope we get this dvd soon in Europe. Are there any enterprising US IORRians prepared to buy and ship across? Pretty please?

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: June 18, 2007 21:11

Debra Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> P.S. What do you think the odds are that we'll see
> the Stones perform this song, say on the B-Stage?
> They used to play " Little Red Rooster" there!!

about 1,000 to 1 unfortunately

Posted by: Cafaro ()
Date: June 18, 2007 21:31

I got this DVD yesterday. They are still the best. I'm watching the documentary disc ask we speak.

The ABB tour is the first tour I have missed since seeing in 1978 in New Jersey.

A note to Nay Sayers: Look! They are old men and they atill kick ass! Cut them some slack. I still have trouble seeing past 1972 and part of me will always view them as the band that played Satisfaction with so much energy at MSG in 1969.

Of course......they don't need my defending them!

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: June 18, 2007 21:57

An awesome version. I believe Charlie mentions the song to Mick first and then Mick starts playing it. After watching it a few times, I'm wondering now how spontaneous it actually was. The fact that there were several cameras filming from all angles, the whole thing makes me wonder if they knew the Stones were going to break out into a song as opposed to they just happen to catch them at that particular moment? Whatever the case, it's an awesome version!

Date: June 18, 2007 22:07

Good point, DGA, I would tend to agree that it was staged somewhat; I think it is a number that Mick happens to like and just practiced a bit on his own. He certainly had played it before and his singing is like the way he sang in days of old! Authentic blues at it's best! YIKES! It was just amazing to see the song take off like that and that lends credence to the fact that it was staged. As you said, so what, it was something to see! I couldn't stop playing it over and over last night, even brought out my old slide and started to play along. I hope everyone in Europe and the British Isles can get a copy soon because it is fabulous. I am a bit disappointed that in the booklet the dates of the shows are not indicated. Don't you love Charlie's face as he watches Mick take off with that tune!? I love Charlie! He is such a loveable bloke!

Posted by: therollingmanu ()
Date: June 18, 2007 22:09

this has probably been asked before but I can't be arsed to look for an answer on this board. Anyone knows when the dvd is gonna be released in UK/europe?

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: June 18, 2007 22:10

July 31, it seems.

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: June 20, 2007 00:32

Good post...those tunes are so hot!!! those early blues...but also Gotta Get away....I Just wanna make love''''....And i do even love the never played pop ones like ''Out of Time''!!!Sittin On a Fence!!! what about ''Good times bad times!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-06-20 15:11 by rooster.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: June 20, 2007 00:38

DGA35 Wrote:
> An awesome version. I believe Charlie mentions
> the song to Mick first and then Mick starts
> playing it. After watching it a few times, I'm
> wondering now how spontaneous it actually was.
> The fact that there were several cameras filming
> from all angles, the whole thing makes me wonder
> if they knew the Stones were going to break out
> into a song as opposed to they just happen to
> catch them at that particular moment? Whatever
> the case, it's an awesome version!

Seems pretty spontaneous to me. There were cameras around for most of that rehearsal anyway. They got "Monkey man" from the same day. Cameras for this documentary and the virtual ticket pieces we got from it. Mick obviously surprises himself that he can get through the song saying "I've never played it before" ...doesn't look too planned that they were gonna pull out a deep rare gem just for these cameras. Charlie maybe thought of it when they were rehearsing "Back of my Hand" and mentioned it to Mick.

Date: June 20, 2007 00:51

Yes, Mick does say " This is the first time I've played this", ( or some comment very similar). I just know he was having a great time. Don't you love how Ronnie ambles in, taking his time, picks up a guitar and just joins in. One of my all-time biggest Stones fantasies has always been watching them either rehearsing or in the studio recording a cd. I can picture myself sitting at the console, just taking it all in. This little snipet lets us peak in on a similar scenario.

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: June 20, 2007 01:31

I received the DVD set as a Father's Day gift from my 17 year old (who I took to see the Stones at both SARS fest and ABB Toronto). Great stuff. Great performances. I like that they kept a few rough parts in - like a few bad solos/riffs...they make it more real.

One thing I have learned on this site is just how many overdubs are done on recordings I grew up loving (like YaYa's). Does anyone know how much went in to overdubbing this material?

(NOT a criticism of the Stones...it seems every band uses overdubbing on 'live' material. Maybe why I love the boots off this site so much..much more the real Stones, warts and all).

Posted by: neptune ()
Date: June 20, 2007 03:17

Perhaps a nod to Brian?

Date: June 20, 2007 15:00

You mean the clone of ole Elmore James?

Posted by: Urban Wheel ()
Date: June 20, 2007 15:09

Guess what!

I just read the thread, you know what happened to me?

I woke up this morning having a great dream. I still can remember it all the way, I was personally invited in a studio to record a song with Keith, spend some time backstage etc.

We had a really fantastic time....so 'I just can't be satisfied' has a different meaning at this moment for me..

Can you imagine? I think I must stop listening and reading about them..

Urban Wheel

'Doo doo doo Heartbreaker'

Date: June 20, 2007 20:00

Yes I know that dream well! I have a thing for Mick( as if most folks here don't already know that!) so my dream centers around watching Mick but of course I see Ronnie, Keith and Charlie too. I am always the only visitor and when I wake up I can still hear the song in my head that they were rehearsing. I sometimes think that I can will that dream to come true....I dream big!

Date: June 20, 2007 20:07

Well they did ''I just wanna make love to you'''in 1990 in Paris...so why not??

Posted by: mofur ()
Date: June 20, 2007 22:28

vudicus Wrote:
> Damn the late UK release!!!!!!!!!
>
> I want my Biggest Bang DVD box dammitt!!!!!

I got mine today from this - ordered it the 15th of June:

AxelMusic.com

If you got a Visa card I don't see why you should not be able to buy it, too? ;-)

Posted by: midrambler ()
Date: June 20, 2007 22:49

vudicus Wrote:
> Damn the late UK release!!!!!!!!!
>
> I want my Biggest Bang DVD box dammitt!!!!!

I want mine too!!!!!!!!!!

Hope it will arrive in the next few days (I bought it from bestbuy site and mailed to my country Venezuela)

Date: June 22, 2007 18:52

Makin me wanna dig into the roots....the Muddy version!! And the sixties Stones vers this was damm dirty blues!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1507
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home