Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: Sopranos...What the F...!!!!!!!?????????
Posted by: melillo ()
Date: June 12, 2007 19:23

sorry radio, quote from chase this morning on wfan, yes there is always a chance for a movie

Date: June 12, 2007 19:25

check out yestedays new york post for the van zandt quote btw

Date: June 12, 2007 19:37

btw they dont kill family members, try that one on for size

Posted by: RadioMarv ()
Date: June 12, 2007 21:32

melillo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> btw they dont kill family members, try that one on
> for size

no flippin' duh

did you even read my thoughts or do you just disagree without reading posts?
I said if Meadow is there, the murder does not go down because the shooter does not have the clear shot and wouldn't risk killing Meadow... thus making the parking scene pivotal in the way that evening plays out for the Soprano family.

BUT
try this on for size meliblo

[television.aol.com]

Chase says no movie is planned -

I am really tired of discussing this with the lower rungs of the evolutionary latter.

I have my thoughts on what Chase was saying and I am not alone in that theory

you have your thoughts and are also not alone

the differnce is I actually provided thoughtful points and DIRECT LINKS to the artist quotes I mention.

you have provided no proof of anything so far.

well, you have proven to be a bit of a 'tard

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: June 12, 2007 22:01

........with his own words Chase admits that Tony is in fact alive....he would obviously prefer that you think what you want to think or even that he's dead....but if he does a movie then obviously he(Tony)lives to be in it...if he says no movie then you keep on spinning your fantasies..........but make no mistake Tony's alive and ordering more onion rings as we speak.

"I have no interest in explaining, defending, reinterpreting, or adding to what is there," said Chase, 61, who grew up in North Caldwell.

"People get the impression that you're trying to (mess) with them, and it's not true. You're trying to entertain them," he said. "Anybody who wants to watch it, it's all there."

Another problem with a movie is that so many characters died in the last season. Chase said he has considered "going back to a day in 2006 that you didn't see, but then (Tony's children) would be older than they were then and you would know that Tony doesn't get killed. It's got problems."

Chase also elaborated on how he decided to make the Journey classic the last music played on the series.

"It didn't take much time at all to pick it, but there was a lot of conversation after the fact. I did something I'd never done before: In the location van, with the crew, I was saying, 'What do you think?' When I said, 'Don't Stop Believin',' people went, 'What? Oh my God!'

"I said, 'I know, I know, just give a listen,' and little by little, people started coming around."

Posted by: Juiced In NJ ()
Date: June 12, 2007 22:26

OK, here's what really happened.
The feds come in and bust Tony with the whole family. The next thing we see is Tony, Carm, AJ, and Meadow sitting opposite each other in a jail cell talking about nothing as the camera pulls away. Our last glimpse of Tony shows him doing standup in prison as the credits roll.

Date: June 12, 2007 22:47

OK Rip
where do you see him say Tony survived the finale.
where are these words?

please show me, I need to see them.
In the articale I read it said that he didn't really think about a movie, but since so many people are dead IF he did one it would have to be based in the past IE 06 or before and since you KNOW Tony is not in danger of getting killed BECAUSE Tony lives until 2007. There is little drama in a situation you know the charectors all live through.

notice he NEVER mentions a story that continiues where we left it, because there is no where to continue to as the main charector is dead.

I do not see anywhere that Chase says Tony is alive, to me he is saying the oposite. He does not want to interprate and its all there if you want to see it.

PLEASE
show me the quote that Chase states that Tony survives the finale

Rip This Wrote:
> ........with his own words Chase admits that Tony
> is in fact alive....he would obviously prefer that
> you think what you want to think or even that he's
> dead....but if he does a movie then obviously
> he(Tony)lives to be in it...if he says no movie
> then you keep on spinning your
> fantasies..........but make no mistake Tony's
> alive and ordering more onion rings as we speak.
>
>
>
> "I have no interest in explaining, defending,
> reinterpreting, or adding to what is there," said
> Chase, 61, who grew up in North Caldwell.
>
> "People get the impression that you're trying to
> (mess) with them, and it's not true. You're trying
> to entertain them," he said. "Anybody who wants to
> watch it, it's all there."
>
> Another problem with a movie is that so many
> characters died in the last season. Chase said he
> has considered "going back to a day in 2006 that
> you didn't see, but then (Tony's children) would
> be older than they were then and you would know
> that Tony doesn't get killed. It's got problems."
>
>
> Chase also elaborated on how he decided to make
> the Journey classic the last music played on the
> series.
>
> "It didn't take much time at all to pick it, but
> there was a lot of conversation after the fact. I
> did something I'd never done before: In the
> location van, with the crew, I was saying, 'What
> do you think?' When I said, 'Don't Stop
> Believin',' people went, 'What? Oh my God!'
>
> "I said, 'I know, I know, just give a listen,' and
> little by little, people started coming around."

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: June 12, 2007 23:02

Riffbuk Wrote:
> What a way to finish !!
> Its entire personnal how you want to end
> it!!Depends on your imagination. I couldnt thing
> of a better way to (even more) immortalize this
> amazing piece of art. You decide,but the doubt
> will allways remain !!

That's basically what I was thinking after seeing the last episode.
This was probably the ultimate ending and the song "Don't Stop Believing" by Journey was also an excellent choice.
There's no need for a movie. Everything's been said and done already.

Date: June 12, 2007 23:03

....that's the entire point Radio...........you see only what you want to see,....... not what's real.........the entire series is based on a family...and it's main character.....and their coping mechanisms and how/what they do to survive....good.......bad..........or indifferent.......once again the final sequence shows that they keep on doing what they always do.......cause thats all they know what to do.....eating onion rings is a metaphore.......pass the plate please........

Posted by: FrankM ()
Date: June 12, 2007 23:11

Listen an argument can be made on both sides but from a logical point of view he lives. It seeems like the Tony died faction is looking for little abstract clues throughout the seasons. Yes they put these things in there for those that pay attention to them but it's not proof of anything. They are like easter eggs in a video game, they are interesting but don't have much to do with the outcome of the game.

For instance the orange. Did you ever think Chase was just trying to drive up the tension for those that got the Godfather reference? Same with the parking scene- it was there to drive up tension.

And as far as the Bobby flashback goes, didn't Bobby see and hear it coming? He was facing the guy that shot him no? So that kills the never hear it when it comes theory.

You can make a better argument that someone killed Meadow to get back at Tony than you can of Tony being killed. The last shot you saw was Meadow's perspective and then the blank screen. Plus this would also play well into a movie with Tony out for revenge.

Besides who shot him? As I said before hitmen don't linger they get the job done. They're not gonna hang around eating fries and taking their time before doing the job. Just out of curiosity Marv who do you think shot him?

Chase succeeded in my opinion. If he had Tony killed or if he made it clear Tony lived we would have talked about it the next day and moved on. Now people will be talking about this for a long time.

BTW from a personal point of view it was great seeing one of my old hangouts (Holsten's) featured in the final episode. I grew up about a half mile away from there in Bloomfield.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2007-06-13 01:02 by FrankM.

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: June 12, 2007 23:30

IMHO,Tony doesn't get shot,here is why,the guy with the menbers only jacket comes in at the same time as A.J and sits down at the counter for a while,
Tony does look at him and keeps talking to his family,now Tony is a smart guy he could had figured out that this guy was there to shoot him ,same with the black guys,then after a while the guy at the counter gets up and goes to the bathroom,
First if he is there to kill Tony why all the waiting around? he would have walked in go on up to Tony and take him out, he wouldn't be sitting leting people have a good look at him.The simililaraties to the Godfather don't mean much,Michael C had to retrieve the gun from the bathroom cause he knew he would be searched at the door,in the Sopranos episode this was not the case.
l think the guy went to piss and thats it.
Now, about Paulie, when Tony is talking to him about the cat, Tony tells him the cat is looking for rats,and when tony leaves and Paulie stays by himself getting a tan ,the cat shows up and stands in front of Paulie looking at him,maybe Paulie is the rat talking to the feds.
Anyway l found this episode to be a perfect ending to a great show.
By the way David Chase is a huge Stones fan,there is a 15 minutes segment in hbo where he talks about the music he uses in the show,and he mentions he could have done the whole series using only Stones music.

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Date: June 13, 2007 00:03

RadioMarv Wrote:
> melillo Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > btw they dont kill family members, try that one
> on
> > for size
>
>
> no flippin' duh
>
> did you even read my thoughts or do you just
> disagree without reading posts?
> I said if Meadow is there, the murder does not go
> down because the shooter does not have the clear
> shot and wouldn't risk killing Meadow... thus
> making the parking scene pivotal in the way that
> evening plays out for the Soprano family.
>
> BUT
> try this on for size meliblo
>
> [television.aol.com]
> -movie-no-sure-thing/20070612101609990001
>
> Chase says no movie is planned -
>
> I am really tired of discussing this with the
> lower rungs of the evolutionary latter.
>
> I have my thoughts on what Chase was saying and I
> am not alone in that theory
>
> you have your thoughts and are also not alone
>
>
> the differnce is I actually provided thoughtful
> points and DIRECT LINKS to the artist quotes I
> mention.
>
> you have provided no proof of anything so far.
>
>
> well, you have proven to be a bit of a 'tard

first of all you have to be the biggest idiot on the planet to think chase will not turn this into a movie, and second you call me a tard then so are 90 percent of the radio and tv people who agree he is alive and well , just listen to the words of the journey song you moron, you just want your theory to be right when it is oh SO WRONG

Date: June 13, 2007 00:13

melillo Wrote:

>
> first of all you have to be the biggest idiot on
> the planet to think chase will not turn this into
> a movie, and second you call me a tard then so are
> 90 percent of the radio and tv people who agree he
> is alive and well , just listen to the words of
> the journey song you moron, you just want your
> theory to be right when it is oh SO WRONG

I am a radio host and I believe him to be dead.
I also took many film as art classes and film making classes and know a little about foreshadowing and editing.

I am not so bold as to call you wrong, I just have a theory and supported it with points and referenced quotes.
BUT YOU, the mighty meliBlo have the self apointed authority to call me wrong and close the case. You are very narrow minded with no room for anyones opinion but your own

but good enuff, to each his own opinion...
I need waste no more time explaining art to dum-dums

you amuse me, but I am done with this thread

I will now go back to lurking and posting every now and then while I read about how lame people think the set lists are.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-06-13 00:20 by RadioMarv.

Date: June 13, 2007 01:13

Marv, I can't prove you wrong but you have to understand that Chase is a film student too. Little hints like Tony eating an orange, Meadow having trouble parking etc. can be ways to fill in the blanks for astute viewers but they can also be ways for him to simply drive up the tension and make you think something is going to happen (Tony getting clipped) only to change course in the end (The guy walks into the bathroom).

You still haven't said who you think shot him Marv and why one of the seedy characters in the diner would hang around so long before doing the job. Out of all the hits that ever took place in the series has there been one where the hitman went in and loitered before doing the job?

To me one of the telling moments was when the menacing guy was sitting at the counter. He looks over at Tony then a few moments later looks that way again- making you believe he is eyeballing him, but if you go back and watch it again the second time he looks over is right after people are laughing in that area, so he was looking to see what was going on over there not eyeballing Tony.

If there is a movie that takes place after this then we will know. Otherwise we may never know. There is even speculation that the movie might take place in the sixties with Uncle Junior and Tony's dad being the main characters.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-06-13 01:26 by FrankM.

Posted by: riffhard1860 ()
Date: June 13, 2007 01:27

It ended with the bad guy (Phil) dying and Tony and his family alive and well. I cant see how thats a bad ending

Date: June 13, 2007 01:47

riffhard1860 Wrote:
> It ended with the bad guy (Phil) dying and Tony
> and his family alive and well. I cant see how
> thats a bad ending

.........I couldn't have said it better!!!.........

Posted by: forligan ()
Date: June 13, 2007 01:50

Totally amazing. I've never been addicted to a television series like this in my life , I'm 49. The waiting for each season to begin was like having tickets to a Stones concert......the anticipation is half the fun. I am going to miss this show very much........I have to laugh though, I was watch with my wife and kids (they are old enough) and when that screen went black it was a split second of OH..My...God.......what the @#$%&????) But in retrospect it was the perfect ending........who says every series has to end with a definitive premise such as death, jail, whatever. Admit it, we all love Tony know he's a total psycopath, so having him killed puts too much finality. David Chase gave us a gift here.....the true fans I mean........to me Silvio and Paulie were also quite loveable , mean as they were at times......he also lets them live...I tried to watch that new series after John from Cincinatti, what a stupid move putting that on right after.......I mean you could sit there for hours thinking about how you'll never hear another new line from these guys...
I only ordered HBO for this show.......man I'll miss it...but..Journey, eeyech, I saw them get booed off the Stage in 78 at Rich Stadium , opening for the Stones. My choice would have been either Satisfaction (Which tony couldn't get..)or Sympathy for the devil, there are plenty to choose from......and finally, most important.......................

Date: June 13, 2007 01:57

To me HBO has lost their way with these new programs. The Sopranos was the ultimate- probably will never be outdone. "Oz" was also very good in my opinion, but these newer ones like "Big Love" and "John From Cincinatti" are way to silly/quirky. HBO needs a good police drama like "The Shield".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-06-13 02:18 by FrankM.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: June 13, 2007 02:16

FrankM Wrote:
> HBO needs a good police drama like "The Shield".

Are you familiar with The Wire?

Date: June 13, 2007 02:22

keefriff99 Wrote:
> FrankM Wrote:
> -----
> > HBO needs a good police drama like "The
> Shield".
>
> Are you familiar with The Wire?

Yes I watched a few episodes but didn't really care for it. Was kind of boring imo but this was a few years ago. Has it gotten better?

I don't think it is anywhere near "The Shield" and that is a show that is restricted as far as what they can air because it is on FX. Think of what it would be like on HBO.

Date: June 13, 2007 02:28

FrankM Wrote:
> keefriff99 Wrote:
> -----
> > FrankM Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > HBO needs a good police drama like "The
> > Shield".
> >
> > Are you familiar with The Wire?
>
>
> Yes I watched a few episodes but didn't really
> care for it. Was kind of boring imo but this was a
> few years ago. Has it gotten better?
>
> I don't think it is anywhere near "The Shield" and
> that is a show that is restricted as far as what
> they can air because it is on FX. Think of what it
> would be like on HBO.

I've only seen a few of the earlier episodes, but I was impressed. It gets a lot of rave reviews.

The Shield is probably my favorite show after The Sopranos. The acting (especially Chiklis) and the depth of the storylines are absolutely incredible.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: June 13, 2007 02:32

The Shield is a great show. Although I think the last two seasons when they had Glenn Close and Forrest Whitaker as guest stars were better. Espicially last seasons. I think that was the best single season of TV I've ever seen for any show.

Date: June 13, 2007 02:44

I wasn't a big fan of the Glenn Close season, but they won me back when they brought the absolutely brilliant Forest Whitaker onboard last year. The final episode simply left me speechless.

The last season was great too...Walton Goggins should win an Emmy for his portrayal of Shane.

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: June 13, 2007 03:01

My HBO favorites in order; OZ (talk about hardcore) Sopranos , The Wire.
Regular tv The Shield,24.

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: June 13, 2007 03:57

There is a short story, "The Lady Or the Tiger" by Frank Stockton. It's about Life or Death for one man. It's set in medieval times, where a defendant is led to the center of the stadium, There are two doors, and the defendant "proves" his guilt or innocence by choosing a door. Behind one is a Lady (Innocent)... and behind the other a hungry Tiger (Guilty). The author ends the story ends in a similar abrupt way.

About The Sopranos finale,
At first, when the credits finally rolled, I didn't take the abrupt black to signify Tony's death,

But now I have re-watched it. Brilliant. I see that it is also possible that he gets killed. Which is what I think happens. Maybe.

The Lady Or The Tiger.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: June 13, 2007 04:12

keefriff99 Wrote:
> I wasn't a big fan of the Glenn Close season, but
> they won me back when they brought the absolutely
> brilliant Forest Whitaker onboard last year. The
> final episode simply left me speechless.
>
> The last season was great too...Walton Goggins
> should win an Emmy for his portrayal of Shane.

I agree with your description of the final episode last season. Jaw dropping,in a good way as opposed to jaw dropping in a bad way with The Sopranos.

Date: June 13, 2007 04:52

RadioMarv Wrote:
> melillo Wrote:
>
> >
> > first of all you have to be the biggest idiot
> on
> > the planet to think chase will not turn this
> into
> > a movie, and second you call me a tard then so
> are
> > 90 percent of the radio and tv people who agree
> he
> > is alive and well , just listen to the words of
> > the journey song you moron, you just want your
> > theory to be right when it is oh SO WRONG
>
>
> I am a radio host and I believe him to be dead.
> I also took many film as art classes and film
> making classes and know a little about
> foreshadowing and editing.
>
> I am not so bold as to call you wrong, I just have
> a theory and supported it with points and
> referenced quotes.
> BUT YOU, the mighty meliBlo have the self apointed
> authority to call me wrong and close the case. You
> are very narrow minded with no room for anyones
> opinion but your own
>
> but good enuff, to each his own opinion...
> I need waste no more time explaining art to
> dum-dums
>
> you amuse me, but I am done with this thread
>
> I will now go back to lurking and posting every
> now and then while I read about how lame people
> think the set lists are.

exactly, thats what creeps do , they lurk,lol, ever hear of mike and the mad dog
they support my theory, and btw i bet they never heard of you, what radio station do you intern for anyway

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-06-13 05:37 by melillo.

Posted by: Landover 81 ()
Date: June 13, 2007 05:41

As a Stones fan Chase could have used "Wild Horses" as the tune at the end. Damn if that don't descibe their relationship {Tony and Carmella} . Plus they could have gone to black and cut it at the the part of the song "Let's do some living after we die"..........Now that would really have been one to think about!

Date: June 13, 2007 05:43

yes sir that would have been great, i was also thinking of the song one by u2

Posted by: Landover 81 ()
Date: June 13, 2007 19:23

melillo, Which U2 song?

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1182
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home