Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Frankfurt has a new seating chart
Posted by: ThatsWhatISay ()
Date: June 5, 2007 20:24

Now all sections in Frankfurt start to fill up. Just because of the articles about bad sales in the newspapers. I guess most people didn't know the Stones were coming. Or maybe people who wanted to buy tickets in the last minute are now worried the Stones might cancel the concert if the sales remain that slow. Who knows...

Posted by: Gangster-of-love ()
Date: June 5, 2007 20:30

Youre wrong! The second Frankfurt show wasn't sold out. I've attended both of them. For the second it was possible to purchase tix on the day of the concert.
Also, this time was somthing special, 'cause after the band survived that rediciolous battle between Mick&Keith.

Keep on rollin'
Gangster

Posted by: stickydion ()
Date: June 5, 2007 21:05

rknuth wrote:

(A) "In 1990 they sold out Frankfurt twice with higher capacity! I think that says it all!"

Yes. This fact says the obvious: that there is huge difference between visiting Germany after 8 years and playing there for 50th time since 1989! So simple. Besides the different between the prices, which is serious factor, of course.

(cool smiley "Turin was another cup of tea as they came back with the Steel Wheels stage just to film some more for Live at the Max. Despite that Italy was never a big Stones market."

It wasn't only Turin. Also Doublin 1990 had been canceled due to slow ticket sales. And now? Tickets for Slane have been sold very fast. Does it mean that the Stones is more popular now than in 1990? Of course not. That's what i'm trying to say. Don't draw general conclusions from local conditions. Otherwise you have to say that the Stones were most popular in 1990 than in 1982. Why? Just because in Munich #2 (1982) there were only 50,000 people at a 72,000 capacity's stadium. In 1998 the sales in France were a real disaster. So what? On 1997-99 round they played in front of 5,600,000 people. Think about it.

Posted by: lodge ()
Date: June 5, 2007 21:42

I think a lot of poeple also do have a negative impact. If you talk to people not to much into music, they just nodding: Oh these old guys still play, they can't play anyway. And also the press was not always very nice. Things read about that they do not play life, Mick does not even sing live and all that crap make some people believe that the whole thing's not worth it.
Although I am really looking forward to the shows I personally think they overdid it a bit and should have pulled back to at least some arena shows. I am pretty sure that this would have attract more people.
I just hope for them that they don't reach a dive trying to sell out like the Who (which are also still can be a good live act) and then have to realize that the myth around rock and roll ist fading very fast.

Posted by: stickydion ()
Date: June 5, 2007 22:24

lodge wrote:

(A) "If you talk to people not to much into music, they just nodding: Oh these old guys still play, they can't play anyway."

Yes, many say that- not all of them, of course. But the success of any music act basically depends on people who are into music, one way or another.

(cool smiley "And also the press was not always very nice."

Never it was always very nice IMO.

(C) "Things read about that they do not play life, Mick does not even sing live and all that crap make some people believe that the whole thing's not worth it."

I think that this crap was very "strong" during Voodoo Lounge tour. If i remember correctly even "Spiegel" published an article about "playback", then. But VL was the most attended tour in the entire music history... And the reviews as for their performances were very positive. I'm trying to say, again, that this crap influences adversely people who basically don't even care about the Stones or rock music.

Maybe 20 million people all over the USA don't even know what "the Stones" is. Maybe another 30 million think that the Stones aren't great. Maybe 2 million people in the US believe that is not Mick the person who sings on stage, but Elvis, who still lives, but he does keep the secret for some taxis reasons... But who cares about this kingdom of stupidity and ignorance, after having seen that in 2005/06 only the Stones are able to attract 2,200,000 northamericans during a tour??

Posted by: satisfaction2 ()
Date: June 6, 2007 01:44

If you have bought ticket(s) for places which are now "behind the stage" you will get this answer from eventim for your new place. This was a mail to a friend of me:
----------------------------------
Antwort von Eventim :

vielen Dank für Ihre Anfrage.

Der Veranstalter der genannten Veranstaltung hat uns folgende Informationen mitgeteilt:

Um ihre spektakuläre und aufwändige Bühnenproduktion in das Stadion einzupassen, spielen die Rolling Stones ihr Konzert am 13. Juni 2007 in der Frankfurter Commerzbandkarena nun in einer Querversion, d.h. die Bühne befindet sich nicht mehr an der Kopfseite des Stadions, sondern auf der Längsseite. Dadurch vermindert sich der Abstand aller Plätze zur Bühne und bietet den Fans somit eine bessere Sicht auf die gesamte Produktion, für deren legendäre Ausmaße die Rolling Stones ja bekannt sind!

Für Fans, die sich bereits Karten auf der betroffenen Stadionseite gekauft haben, sind neue Plätze vorgesehen, die qualitativ mit den bisherigen Plätzen gleichwertig sind. Die entsprechenden Karten können am Veranstaltungstag an gesondert eingerichteten Stellen gegen Vorlage der Originalkarten umgetauscht werden, sodass ein reibungsloser Ablauf gewährleistet werden kann. Reguläre Tickets und ein entsprechenden Saalplan gibt es unter www.eventim.de .

Momentan befinden sich die Rolling Stones bereits in den Proben zu ihrer kommenden "Bigger Bang European Tour 2007" und man darf gespannt sein, welches Programm sie sich für dieses Jahr aussuchen werden!

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Ihr eventim.de-Kundenservice
-----------------------------------

This means in short words:

You will get a new ticket at the date of concert direct at the arena.
There are new places reserved from eventim and your new place will have the same quality as the old one !

----------------------------------------------------

Grüsse

Gerhard
* I think this is sh.. from eventim

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-06-06 01:46 by satisfaction2.

Posted by: funky_fi ()
Date: June 6, 2007 10:34

I think I liked it the way it was. I was closer to the main stage there and now I'm shoved up the back near the b-stage. I'd rather see most of the show up close not just have a great seat for 3-4 songs. Still... flying in from Australia... too late to complain... just enjoy the Stones for the awesome band they are!!! Can't wait, only a few more sleeps... hehe

Date: June 7, 2007 03:00

** UNVERSCHÄMTHEIT **

What the hell do they think -

generally may be a good idea, but not after the tickets are already sold and some people may have not the seats they liked to have. I think the Rieger organization did not do a great job in general with the whole tour, including promotion etc....

AND how do they know if the new seats are the same value. Most fans want to be close to the band and are not that interrested to see the whole stage impression. Or am I wrong??

Hopefully this will not end up in a big mess on showday.

Posted by: funky_fi ()
Date: June 7, 2007 04:00

you're absolutely right... Sure the stage looks great and a lot of work goes into it but if I wanted to sit that far back I have to watch the band on those giant screens I think I'd rather svae my pennies and wait for the video!!! I feel sorry for the poor buggers in the 'C' blocks, they were once near the 'B' stage (the seats in those blocks closest to the 'B' stage sold faster than some of the 'B' block seats), now they're nowhere near anything. Those seats are a whole block away from any stage. At least in my experience, a seat on the stadium floor is generally pretty goood no matter where you are. Unless you get some tall b*stard standing in front of you. Then you could be in row 2 and it still wouldn't help...

Posted by: rknuth ()
Date: June 7, 2007 10:59

The statement of Eventim fits perfectly to those in this thread. Everybody creates it's own truth! Close your eyes and your dreams come true.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1908
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home