Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

DVD June 12 Exclusively at Best Buy- Is this old news?
Posted by: cbtaco19 ()
Date: May 19, 2007 00:01

I was just Googling and came up with this. Is it old news?

[www.fmqb.com]

May 15, 2007

The Rolling Stones

The Rolling Stones will return to Poland for the first time in nine years during their upcoming European tour, which begins on June 5 in Belgium. The July 25 date at Warsaw's Sluzewiec Hippodrome substitutes for what would have been the band's first show in Ukraine. The Stones have played in Poland on only two other occasions: in 1967 at Warsaw's Palace of Culture and in 1998 in Chorzow. In other news, the band will release a new DVD, The Biggest Bang, exclusively at Best Buy on June 12. The DVD will include over seven hours of Stones concert footage and interviews, six songs released for the first time on DVD, six other songs that have never been released in any format, duets with Bonnie Raitt, Eddie Vedder and Dave Matthews, a tour documentary and much more.

I'm tired, I'm tired of doing what I'm told.
Things are moving way too slow.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-05-19 03:25 by cbtaco19.

Re: June 12 Exclusively at Best Buy- Is this old news?
Date: May 19, 2007 00:06

This one too:

[www.therockradio.com]

The Rolling Stones to release Bigger Bang tour DVD
The Rolling Stones will release a DVD box set from their A Bigger Bang tour next month, exclusively through Best Buy. It's called The Biggest Bang, and the four-disc set will feature more than seven hours of concert footage and interviews, including material from their show in Austin, Texas, last October, and the beachfront concert in Rio De Janeiro, Brazil, in February 2006. According to fmqb.com, the set will include duets with Dave Matthews, Bonnie Raitt, and Pearl Jam singer Eddie Vedder; a tour documentary; six songs making their DVD debut; and another six songs that have never been released before. The Biggest Bang will be released June 12th in an exclusive deal with Best Buy.

The Stones have gone the exclusive route before -- the Four Flicks DVD set from their 2002-2003 Licks world tour was also released this way through Best Buy.

In other news, the Stones have filed suit against Research In Motion, Inc., the company that makes the BlackBerry handheld device. A report in Canada's Globe And Mail newspaper said that RIM signed the group to an exclusive deal to produce and market a Rolling Stones BlackBerry, but after paying the initial licensing fee, RIM decided not to move forward with the project. The group is seeking $5 million in the court action.

Re: June 12 Exclusively at Best Buy- Is this old news?
Date: May 19, 2007 00:10

Also:

[www.weeklydavespeak.com]

Rolling Stones DVD "Biggest Bang" To Feature Dave Matthews Performance
Wednesday, May 16, 2007
Dave will be featured in a portion of a new seven hour Rolling Stones DVD set titled The Biggest Bang. The concert footage will also include duets with Bonnie Raitt and Eddie Vedder.

According to the Shidoobee with Stonesdoug message boards the DVD will be a four disc set, Disc 1 is Austin. 93 minute running time. Backstage footage, rehearsals and setup as bonus. Disc 2 is Rio, Disc 3 consists of Japan (17 mins), China (25 minutes) and Argentina (30 minutes). Disc 4 is strictly bonus featuers including a documentary on the whole tour.

Dave Matthews Band opened for the Rolling Stones in Seattle and El Paso in October of last year. The release of this DVD was supposedly rushed in order to keep it outside of a six month window around the release of a Martin Scorsese directed documentary about the Stones due at the end of 2007. See the IMDB for Shine a Light.

I'm tired, I'm tired of doing what I'm told.
Things are moving way too slow.

Re: DVD June 12 Exclusively at Best Buy- Is this old news?
Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: May 19, 2007 05:53

Sound's good, something to definitly pick up on day one. Only slight disappointment is it looks like from checking out the set lists that we won't be getting SHE WAS HOT (SWAY looks like a good bet) but maybe that will be in the Scorsese film. Thanks for the info c19. BTW, not old news to me, first time I've seen a release date, been waiting for it.....

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: May 19, 2007 16:09

[www.chartattack.com]

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: May 19, 2007 16:40

LoFL - "according to authoritative fan site It's Only Rock And Roll"
which was originally authoritatively quoting Shidoobee :E

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: May 19, 2007 16:42

grinning smiley

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: artinis1 ()
Date: May 22, 2007 07:28

from nick,

with this release only 3 weeks away, when are we going to get some offcial news, ie: tracklisting, or is it going to be delayed, any info is appreciated

Posted by: Stoneswolf ()
Date: May 22, 2007 09:19

do we get it in Europe if its best buy exclusively?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1795
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home