Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Paris June 16th
Posted by: markrs ()
Date: May 17, 2007 17:08

Does anyone know who the support act(s) will be for the show in Paris next month?

Looking forward to this gig, have FOS tix which def beats last years back of twickenham seats!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2007-05-17 17:09 by marksinclair.

Re: Paris June 16th
Posted by: Jim Price ()
Date: May 17, 2007 17:25

We don't know yet.

And who cares ? Most supports acts are so boring...

Posted by: markrs ()
Date: May 17, 2007 17:36

yeah but hopefully we'll get lucky and have someone good, i mean ac/dc stevie wonder prince etc have been support acts before so wouldn't mind someone like that - if it's feeder or something similar i can just spend longer looking at the tshirts or at the bar...

Posted by: phd ()
Date: May 17, 2007 18:26

I hope a first good first part will be chosen to sell out the remaining tickets.
There are some nice french singers who can make it.

Date: May 19, 2007 11:48

4 weeks to go......

Date: May 19, 2007 13:23

A few weeks ago, advertising said "a big surprise". I've no idea what it means.

Date: May 19, 2007 19:23

Not heard nor read about it. We"ll see.

Posted by: sluissie ()
Date: May 22, 2007 13:12

Still no rumours yet about the support act? I'm curious, but really not more than that. Really liked Razorlight last year, did not know them at that time. They're doing pretty ok right now here in NL, some hits.

But I also have another question about Paris, about the supply of drinks in the FOS-area. Last year we where on the regular Pelouse, with bars and VERY nice girls in it. (4 guys: 3 beer, one coke. One coke = paper cup + bottle, so the girl filled the paper cup with beer (for free) each time we ordered, so first we devided the beer from the cup, and then the coke-guy could drink his coke with beer-smell :-) great memories....)
But my question is: where do you buy drinks in the FOS area in Paris. Did they also have bars there last year, or was there personnel walking around with trays of beers/drinks, or the backpacktanks like in the Netherlands? (They even sold Ben&Jerry icecream and Spa-water from backpacks in Amsterdam...)

Not important, I know, but if you have anything to add here, please do. Nice stories about drinks during concerts are also more than welcome...

Jelle

Posted by: RiffKichards ()
Date: May 22, 2007 14:16

sluissie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
> But I also have another question about Paris,
> about the supply of drinks in the FOS-area.

>Did they also have bars there
> last year, or was there personnel walking around
> with trays of beers/drinks, or the backpacktanks
> like in the Netherlands? (They even sold Ben&Jerry
> icecream and Spa-water from backpacks in
> Amsterdam...)
>
Last year, it was impossible to buy anything in the FOS area. However, you can live the FOS to go to the bar and then go back again. I saw people doing this last year... but it is not my case; to afraid to loose a good place..

Posted by: sluissie ()
Date: May 22, 2007 14:23

Ow REALLY?? Glad to hear that this early, so I can prepare myself to a situation like that... So you have to leave FOS, walk around the pleouse to the back, enter the Pelouse and go to the bar, and back again. That's missing at least half a song each time you want to get a drink... Let's see.... Miss You will be my choice, and maybe a last drink it Start Me Up is at the end of the set.... ;-)
Oh, it's of course not necessarily THAT bad, I can imagine they have bars inside the stadium near the FOS-entrances.... We'll see.

Well, although I know i'm sometimes a little bit obsessed with getting beers/drinks, it is no real problem of course. But i AM surprised by this. You'd say it has already been proven that there are solutions for this...

Again, we'll see.

Jelle

Posted by: OILY_DIPSTICK ()
Date: May 22, 2007 14:25

Does anyone know if it's possible to take plastic bottles of water into SdF?

Oily.

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: May 22, 2007 14:28

OILY_DIPSTICK Wrote:
> Does anyone know if it's possible to take plastic
> bottles of water into SdF?
>
> Oily.

Yes you can but they take away the caps....So take a few caps in your pocket, security takes away the ones in your bottle and you just put the new one on.

Date: May 22, 2007 14:43

Do they inspect the contents at all?
Just wondering if, like in the UK, it would be possible to take it full of something nice.

Cheers, Oily.

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: May 22, 2007 14:46

OILY_DIPSTICK Wrote:
> Do they inspect the contents at all?
> Just wondering if, like in the UK, it would be
> possible to take it full of something nice.
>
> Cheers, Oily.

No, they don't, they just take the caps away but you can fill it with whatever gets you through the night.

Date: May 22, 2007 14:48

That's great - thanks for the info. Hopefully the weather will be nice, so some Bacardi may be on the menu :-)

Thanks again.

Posted by: madmaxx ()
Date: May 22, 2007 15:11

This is from last year my OH took it.

Date: May 22, 2007 19:44

OILY_DIPSTICK Wrote:
> That's great - thanks for the info. Hopefully the
> weather will be nice, so some Bacardi may be on
> the menu :-)
>
> Thanks again.

When you talk about plastic bottle, you mean small ones right? Just to make things clear, they allow small plastic bottles 33cl and 50cl (without caps), but not big ones.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1714
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home