Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

roma ticket sales?
Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: May 7, 2007 22:24

i know it maybe sounds a little too early, but voices about slow sales in many countries are not very funny. I remember last year in berlin.....i mean, if you are a fan you always want to see full stadiums or arenas.
regarding rome, i hope they will sell well, because i can imagine from now the italian press, always very negative with the stones (grandparents of rock, they play only for the money, they should retire etc etc) or the opinion of italian singers/rockstars (totally unknown out of italian borders).....
it is something i would like not to deal with, this is the reason of my question regarding the ticket sale in rome. i keep on thinking that at the end the stadio olimpico will be 80-90% full, i wish i won't be wrong.

Re: roma ticket sales?
Posted by: Harm ()
Date: May 7, 2007 22:31

I bought 7 tickets

Posted by: farawayeyes2 ()
Date: May 7, 2007 22:31

hope they do sold-out. Cuz the stones deserve it. and then after last Rome concert..but one thing is sure: ticketone work with prices and sitting chart won't help-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-05-07 22:37 by farawayeyes2.

Posted by: only stones ()
Date: May 7, 2007 22:34

Sei molto ottimista con la previsione del 80-90% pieno.
Sarà dura Andrea, questo spettacolo non tira come all'estero.
Sici

It's hard to sold out Rome,
very difficult, to much concert in Italy This summer
Sici

Date: May 7, 2007 22:35

Last year Rome concert?
High ticket prices only because of ticketone?

Date: May 7, 2007 22:35

i agree,
ticketone sitting chart is a complete mess. and also, i received my tickets 2 weeks ago and ticketone wrote me already 4 times (last time 2 days ago) that they have problems to deliver my tickets because i am never at home.....

Posted by: nik jagger ()
Date: May 7, 2007 22:36

what's wrong with the seating chart?

Nijmegen-Paris-Belgrade-Bucharest

Posted by: farawayeyes2 ()
Date: May 7, 2007 22:38

mistake in writing..last Rome concert not last YEAR Rome concert..

Date: May 7, 2007 22:41

They should have done a free concert in Rome at the Colosseum.

Date: May 7, 2007 22:41

lo so only stones, ma il brutto è che anche in altri paesi le vendite non sono
entusiasmanti. la tendenza sembra essere buon successo in paesi vergini o quasi ed un senso di saturazione nei paesi "storici" come germania, francia ,olanda ec ecc

sales seems not to be good not only in italy but in other countires as well. the trend seems to be good (or better)in new markets and slow in historical countries like germany, france, holland.....

Posted by: stickydion ()
Date: May 7, 2007 22:48

andrea66 wrote:

"Regarding rome, i hope they will sell well, because i can imagine from now the italian press, always very negative with the stones (grandparents of rock, they play only for the money, they should retire etc etc) or the opinion of italian singers/rockstars (totally unknown out of italian borders)....."

That's a kind of mode: in various countries press sometimes -or even usualy- is negative with the Stones. But it becomes positive- even enthousiastic- doing reviews about the Stones concerts... Last year in Milan's airport, one day after the gig, i saw very pisitive articles (Ho imparato un po la lingua italiana, molti anni fa. Ma là ho dimenticata quasi ...tutta. Questo e che succede quanto qualcuno non parla la lingua...).

Date: May 7, 2007 22:54

Everywhere they are called the grandparents of rock.
Words like wrinkles and rockmillionaires are often used.
You can't ignore this but who cares?

Posted by: stickydion ()
Date: May 7, 2007 23:34

andrea66 wrote: "sales seems not to be good not only in italy but in other countires as well. the trend seems to be good (or better)in new markets and slow in historical countries like germany, france, holland..."

Sales seem to move somewhere between "good enough" and "very well" for Paris, London, Helsinki, Gothenburg, Copenhagen, Oslo, Dublin, Budapest, Bucharest and maybe San Sebastian (i know nothing about Belgrade). With the exception of Gothenburg, sales are slow enough in cities beaten by the cancalations of the last year: Brussels, Frankfurt, Barcelona, Madrid, El Ejido. That's normal to me. People are still cautius- you know, once beatten, twice shy... They need to feel sure that the gigs will take place this time. They are waiting. And don't underestimate a factor: local promotion is not active yet, atmoshpere is not warm at the moment.

Last year the Stones sold 87% of the tickets in Europe (average percentage, of course). In Germany, where World Football Cup took place, 80%. In the rest of the Europe 90%. Personally i expect a bigger percentage than this total 87% this year. I know, a lot of famous acts are around. But last year they had a most dangerous "enemy". World Football Cup...

Posted by: babylon ()
Date: May 8, 2007 00:22

So if the sales are not going well I don't understand why I can't get a Rome ticket in section 2PPDX or 2PPSX, section A or B (= right in front of stage.). these tickets never ever turned up since sale is available online; I've sent several emails but got no response; I can't call from out of Italy;
Hey, there are some crazy people who want to pay that lot of money - take it and give us the tickets we want!!
Susan

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: May 8, 2007 17:25

If the Stones would ask Twilight Singers and Italian band After Hours to play with them in Rome I would fly in from USA.

"...no longer shall you trudge 'cross my peaceful mind."

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1929
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home