Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: O.T - Sheryl Crow's toilet paper pledge
Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: April 23, 2007 21:58

....yes it sounds very much like something Elaine Bennis said

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: April 23, 2007 23:02

Rosie O'Donnel to Sheryl Crow: "Have You Seen My Ass?"
[www.tmz.com]

Posted by: reg thorpe ()
Date: April 23, 2007 23:56

I guess that means Philly cheese steaks are out for me;

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: April 24, 2007 02:59

I'm willin' ta go Green......BUT(t) I ain't going Brownsad smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: April 24, 2007 03:19

LA FORUM Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Crow is a good song writer but doesnt know
> anything about global warming. Agree with aslecs.

Sounds like you don't know much either. Yes, temperatures have risen in the past but not at this alarming rate. Way back then, there weren't as many people on the the planet and you know that industry really took hold during the "industrial revolution" just 100 years ago.

Only people who stand to lose money are protesting what scientists have been telling us for 20 years. Unbiased scientists (meaning not paid by the oil industry) affiliated with universities all agree. i just can't believe it's taken 20 years for people to start making it a priority.

> And she doesnt know that when we make toiletpaper,
> new trees replace the old ones.

Ever heard of "reduce, reuse, recycle"? Her idea goes along with "reduce". Fewer trees chopped down means less polution in manufacturing.

Besides the earth
> is a lot older and human beings can't really have
> that affect on the changes.

You underestimate the human population (in both size and actions).

What you mean to say is - you don't know much about chemicals and pollution or how what people in both developed and undeveloped countries are doing. In honor of Earth Day, you should read up on the subject! Just Google it. You don't have to have a chemistry degree to understand.

If you wonder what underdeveloped countries do to contribute - one major thing is allowing rainforests to be destroyed at something ridiculous as a football field every second. Without these vast tracks of trees, the carbon in the air cannot be converted into oxygen.

It's hard to believe but the government of Uganda is going to destroy a large area of rainforest to put a factory there - their press secretary said "we can relocate the forest but we can't relocate the factory". Planting a bunch of trees somewhere else doesn't relocate the forest - rainforests have evolved over thousands of years to where all the plants and animals depend on each other for survival - for example certain trees have evolved color to appeal to the visual spectrum that monkeys see - when monkeys eat the fruit, they disperse the seeds in the forest to propagate the flowers.

>And besides toilet
> paper is not a problem.

Paper consumption in general is a problem, so toilet paper is part of that problem I agree that one square isn't going to do it but chosing TP made from recyled paper is the best choice (no, it's not old TP recycled into new TP - it's from computer paper that people recycle, etc.). If you make one type of paper from another type of paper, it doesn't involve the chopping of new trees, the trucks transporting the wood, and all the other steps it takes it to get to the state of being "paper".

I feel sorry for people
> who live now in countries like China or in parts
> of east Europe (polution) or the arab states
> (polution, cars, junk everywhere etc).

ya - that's that's all contributing to the global warming - especially China which runs its expanding industry through coal. When they host the olympics in Beijing next summer, they will turn off the factory smokestacks before people arrive in order to reduce the smog.

Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: April 24, 2007 03:24

As usual, the ones with the most brains show themselves on here. And Lukester comes out the winner once again - Hey brainiacs, IT WAS JUST A JOKE (as Lukester mentioned in an earlier comment) - the toilet paper comment, SHE'S JUST KIDDING !!! Go on [www.huffingtonpost.com] and read her statement. Holy sh*t, what does it say about these times/this country when SO many people don't get it !?!?! I love how everybody puts her (and BONO, and MACCA, and PATTI SMITH, and God knows who else) down but their little ROLLING STONES rock combo are picture perfect. All I can say is her last DVD "WILDFLOWER: LIVE FROM NEW YORK" is a pleasant surprise. I too though she was losing some edge (well, anyone would hanging with hillbilly boy and secret steroid user Lance Armstrong) until my girlfriend brought this DVD home the day it was released. It's fresh, it rocks, and has a killer version of Dylan's "Mississippi" on it with an arrangement and tempo much better than his own from LOVE AND THEFT. Her body of work has been A1 and solid for many many years now and if she did slow down a bit lately maybe it was cause she had this little thing called Cancer that she had to deal with. From what I've heard/read her next CD is suppose to be a real rocker (she said she was gonna channel all her anger about numerous life events into it) so don't write her off just yet. At least she puts out a live DVD (from each tour) and COMPLETE VIDEO package so her fans can have all of her work at the highest quality.... Wonderin' where any Live Shows before Miami '94 are (but with many great songs left off) from our boys? No Hampton Beach 1981, No Atlantic City 1989, No Ladies and Gentleman, No Paris 1976, No Knebworth, No 1978 show, No video anthology..... that's alright, we can always buy boots with inferior sound and picture.... Guess no ones perfect and some are too busy showing up in silly TV sitcoms....

Date: April 24, 2007 03:25

ooops; edit edit; subject matter was covered earlier on...apologies

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2007-04-24 03:30 by Beelyboy.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: April 24, 2007 03:29

Yes, HelterSkelter, Lukester comes through again. Of course it was a joke.
Sheryl could have said that people should snort their toiletpaper instead of flushing, to save the environment, and the papers would have written it as if she meant it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-04-24 03:46 by Erik_Snow.

Date: April 24, 2007 03:49

Of course Snowman (another one of the smart dudes on here)... I just wanna add that Queenie knows her stuff on this topic and the only ones still believing we aren't ruining the planet are the ones making enourmous profits from RUINING THE PLANET (I THINK we can all figure out what companies and individuals those are - do a few Google searches on wealth and stuff, it ain't too hard). And let me just add about Sheryl Crow that IMO she's the BEST just for standing up to that evil demon Rove the other night. "THE ENEMY OF MY ENEMY IS MY FRIEND" (So....Sheryl's my new "BEST Friend").....

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: April 24, 2007 03:52

little queenie Wrote:
> Ever heard of "reduce, reuse, recycle"? Her idea
> goes along with "reduce".

I am glad she didn't talk about reusing or recycling toiletpaper grinning smiley

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: April 24, 2007 03:52

------

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2007-04-24 03:53 by ryanpow.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: April 24, 2007 03:58

Sure she's joking - who's gonna use 1 square, but so were most on here (me included).

In Elmo's opinion (and as one who lives among MANY pine trees), paper forest are not the problem. Fossil fuel are the main culprit.

Alternative sources, everything from solar to telecommuting, should be explored. Please keep wiping yo' ass!

"No Anchovies, Please"

Date: April 24, 2007 04:02

Lukester Wrote:
> ....yes it sounds very much like something Elaine
> Bennis said

Duh! Man I'm slow. The idiot wind is blowing hard out here today.... It only took me 2 hours after I read this,but I get it now. ( And I'm a big Seinfeld fan). In other words Lukester.......LOL grinning smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Date: April 24, 2007 04:11

Elmo, IMHO you're a cool cat so I wasn't talkin' about you either... but there were a few who REALLY didn't seem to get it (but the CONSTANT bashing of other very talented musicians on here by some is maybe the even bigger annoyance to me) .... BTW, Hemp would somewhat help solve some of our problems but no politician has the balls to go there (which is just SO silly it's beyond belief, but NOT a surprise these days of "Cowards with Power" Rule)....

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: April 24, 2007 04:17

Thanks, Skelter, I'm gonna put on the White Album in your honor.

On here (IORR), a sense of humor is sometimes missing by some. I actually really like Sheryl Crow - she's kinda cute too.

The world in general seems to be going crazy. Have to have some good music to survive.

"No Anchovies, Please"

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: April 24, 2007 04:43

I say we TP her house! That'll show her!

Posted by: cali stones fan ()
Date: April 24, 2007 05:16

I have a better idea than just using one square. Everyone should use just one square then recycle it.

Date: April 24, 2007 06:22

Beelyboy Wrote:
> Rosie O'Donnel to Sheryl Crow: "Have You Seen My
> Ass?"
> [www.tmz.com]
> -have-you-seen-my-ass/

/

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-04-24 16:33 by sweetcharmedlife.

Date: April 24, 2007 07:05

well i'll make a fortune when the shit hits the fan...just took delivery on this model; nice to have ultimate fiscal and poopal security in the basement and ready to er...roll...this baby purrs like a kitten - strict market value pricing, no half rolls...no exceptions

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: April 24, 2007 07:15

Thats something everyone should own IMO. I have three of them running 24/7.

I have to admit, when I first saw this thread I thougth it was serious and I was OUTRAGED!!!!!!!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2007-04-24 21:50 by ryanpow.

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: April 24, 2007 09:47

Last year CSNY made a big deal about how each one of their 4 tour buses were running on alternative fuels and so on, even doing photo-ops. Anyway, I am at a private airfield in Pittsburgh last September and guess who flew in private on a Gulf Stream 4? You guessed it. The best part was that they had their 4 buses waiting on the jetway for them. Each member of CSNY has their own bus...that is standard for big names.

The buses took them to the hotel that evening, the next afternoon took them to the gig 30 minutes away, after the gig the buses took them back to the airfield and the band boarded a Gulf Stream 4 and flew out to Van Nuys,California.

What is interesting is that the band flew in from Missouri, that was a day off for the band. The buses drove halfway across america to Pennsylvania just to pick the band up at the airfield and drive them 20 minutes to the city.

Pittsburgh was the final city on the tour. After the show, the 4 buses drove the band back to the airport. As for the buses and drivers, they had to drive back to California. Wouldn't have been easier to just have the bus drivers drive for Missouri to California 2 nights earlier and use passager vans for airport to hotel, etc transportation?

I actually thought at least Neil Young would practice what he preached.

Posted by: FrankM ()
Date: April 24, 2007 10:28

I don't think global warming is a crock of crap but I do think some of these celebs that preach it are a crock of crap. I have more respect for people in this forum that preach about global warming because they are probably practicing what they preach.

These celebs on the other hand want the little guy to do his part while they fly around the globe in private jets and have mansions all over the freeking place, polluting the atmoshphere ten times more than the average Joe.

These celebs need to practice what they preach or shut their big yaps. I could use ten frigging rolls of tp everyday and still pollute the atmosphere less than one of these celebs does on one private jet trip.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-04-24 10:32 by FrankM.

Posted by: 1cdog ()
Date: April 24, 2007 14:30

little queenie Wrote:
> LA FORUM Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Crow is a good song writer but doesnt know
> > anything about global warming. Agree with
> aslecs.
>
> Sounds like you don't know much either. Yes,
> temperatures have risen in the past but not at
> this alarming rate. Way back then, there weren't
> as many people on the the planet and you know that
> industry really took hold during the "industrial
> revolution" just 100 years ago.
>
> Only people who stand to lose money are protesting
> what scientists have been telling us for 20 years.
> Unbiased scientists (meaning not paid by the oil
> industry) affiliated with universities all agree.
> i just can't believe it's taken 20 years for
> people to start making it a priority.
>
> > And she doesnt know that when we make
> toiletpaper,
> > new trees replace the old ones.
>
> Ever heard of "reduce, reuse, recycle"? Her idea
> goes along with "reduce". Fewer trees chopped down
> means less polution in manufacturing.
>
> Besides the earth
> > is a lot older and human beings can't really
> have
> > that affect on the changes.
>
> You underestimate the human population (in both
> size and actions).
>
> What you mean to say is - you don't know much
> about chemicals and pollution or how what people
> in both developed and undeveloped countries are
> doing. In honor of Earth Day, you should read up
> on the subject! Just Google it. You don't have to
> have a chemistry degree to understand.
>
> If you wonder what underdeveloped countries do to
> contribute - one major thing is allowing
> rainforests to be destroyed at something
> ridiculous as a football field every second.
> Without these vast tracks of trees, the carbon in
> the air cannot be converted into oxygen.
>
> It's hard to believe but the government of Uganda
> is going to destroy a large area of rainforest to
> put a factory there - their press secretary said
> "we can relocate the forest but we can't relocate
> the factory". Planting a bunch of trees somewhere
> else doesn't relocate the forest - rainforests
> have evolved over thousands of years to where all
> the plants and animals depend on each other for
> survival - for example certain trees have evolved
> color to appeal to the visual spectrum that
> monkeys see - when monkeys eat the fruit, they
> disperse the seeds in the forest to propagate the
> flowers.
>
> >And besides toilet
> > paper is not a problem.
>
> Paper consumption in general is a problem, so
> toilet paper is part of that problem I agree that
> one square isn't going to do it but chosing TP
> made from recyled paper is the best choice (no,
> it's not old TP recycled into new TP - it's from
> computer paper that people recycle, etc.). If you
> make one type of paper from another type of paper,
> it doesn't involve the chopping of new trees, the
> trucks transporting the wood, and all the other
> steps it takes it to get to the state of being
> "paper".
>
> I feel sorry for people
> > who live now in countries like China or in
> parts
> > of east Europe (polution) or the arab states
> > (polution, cars, junk everywhere etc).
>
> ya - that's that's all contributing to the global
> warming - especially China which runs its
> expanding industry through coal. When they host
> the olympics in Beijing next summer, they will
> turn off the factory smokestacks before people
> arrive in order to reduce the smog.

Are you sure about that?

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: April 24, 2007 15:12

She will be the BUTT of alot of jokes for that dumb remark! I always knew she was ANAL!

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: April 24, 2007 15:16

I take it Ms Crow doesn't partake in the friday night lager and vindaloo speciality?

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: April 24, 2007 16:53

I hear that she will advertise Andrex next

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: April 24, 2007 17:17

....wow, thanks for the kind words Skelter, Erik and sweetcharmer.....I leave and come back to find I missed the Luke Appreciation Day......

....and she really was joking........I remember years ago reading an interview with her in a magazine, and the interviewer asked if she had any advice for dating, and she replied, yeah, don't eat asparagus if you're at a date's house because it makes your pee smell funny.....again, she was saying this with tongue in cheek....she likes to joke....I guess about potty humor....and the one square thing clearly was stolen from a hilarious Seinfeld episode.......thanks

Posted by: harlito1969 ()
Date: April 24, 2007 17:23

If she just uses one sheet for her ass how many sheets does she use for her chocha?
She always looked so clean to me...

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: April 24, 2007 17:25

Ahhhh, school boy humour. Bless....

Date: April 24, 2007 17:28

See Lukester, you have to hang out here more often.... I get the feeling numerous regulars have not been around lately (not including Cindy) maybe I'm wrong but it feels that way....

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1604
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home