Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Led Zeppelin reform for Ertegun memorial
Posted by: Barrence W ()
Date: April 18, 2007 19:38

As I understand it, they will simply be in attendance. There are no plans for them to play at the event.

Posted by: Claire_M ()
Date: April 18, 2007 22:27

Barrence is correct, they didn't perform -- just in attendance.

From what I've read about the evening, Mick's speech went over very well and man, he looked great (especially his hair!). He was there with his g-friend. Jerry Hall & 2 kids were there as well, but didn't sit with Mick's party.

P.S. I am extremely, painfully jealous of you people who saw Zeppelin live! However, thanks for sharing your memories with us wretches smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-04-18 22:29 by Claire_M.

Posted by: stonedmike ()
Date: April 19, 2007 08:41

led zeppelin - dated? yes, but timeless. The music will last forever just as the stones will. I saw a kid with a zepp hoodie in today.

Posted by: Rockingfan ()
Date: April 19, 2007 13:48

Saw them twice on they last Tourin 1980 and it was awesome.
I know I shouldn't say it, but I became more a Stonesfan, because Led Zep didn't come up anymore. Do not forget that the biggest competition Ticketwise for the Stones have been always Led Zeppelin.
However there would be a nostalgic pain if Led Zep would reunite as some of those reunions did not do so well. As Roger Daltreys voice is not as it was it is the same with Robert Plant. A shade of former days. OK you can say Mick's the same, but I think it's not he replaced the quality of his voice by his performance which is still unique.

Posted by: short&curlies ()
Date: April 19, 2007 14:16

stonesfrk Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Alot of people can't handle the truth! Jimmy Page
> is and was the best Guitarist of our time we live
> in,besides Keith Richard's,it is a fact sorry
> people,get over it!

Jimmy Page was a GREAT studio guitarist. I have seen him and heard him live and he falls short. I love Keef but I think of him as more of a GREAT rock star, not a GREAT quitarist. IMOP when a quy can produce the same music live as he does in studio...that's makes him a GREAT quitarist. Clapton and Stevie Ray fall into that catagory...along with others.

Posted by: Odd-beat ()
Date: April 19, 2007 15:49

IMO JPage can (could?) be sloppy and boring - the long live jams didn't always worked for me - and also highly efficient and "geniously" creative, somehow like Frank Zappa (the guitarist).
When he was on, he was basically passionate about creating music with his axe and not about scoring high points as being the new RnR McLaughlin of the month.

Posted by: backstreetboy ()
Date: April 19, 2007 16:23

frank i take it you don't listen to much of there catalog.listen to physical graffiti and see if yoyu think thats dated.also even though the stones throw a dig at zep in star,star,its like the line about mick in the pink floyd song(by the way which ones mick)there all friends and they love each others music,and lets not forget page plays on dirty works.

john scialfa

Posted by: Blackdog ()
Date: April 19, 2007 17:23

I missed my chance to see Led Zeppelin in Oct 1980 in Philadelphia. I saw Page a couple of times live in 1988, saw Page & Plant live many times and also Page with the Crowes. I have over a hundred boots of Zeppelin live and they had some great shows and some average shows. Can Jimmy Page sound sloppy sometimes playing live? Yes he can but so what. He tries to experiment and play close to the edge. I admire this way of playing than playing a song exactly the way it sounds on the album. As far as someone stating that if a guitarist can produce the same sound in the studio and on stage then that makes him great, I have to disagree. To me when you play live music that is a time for the artist to explore and try to reach the outer limits of playing the guitar and discovering new music. Thats what makes one show great from the others (Stones 72 Philly) . You may hear something at one show that no one else hears on the whole tour. This is what was great when you saw Page,Taylor and Richards live. Why would I want to pay money to hear the exact same sound as the album. To me its boring. The quote that Jagger made was probably said when both bands were very competitive. I would bet that Mick Jagger and all the Stones have respect for all the members in Zeppelin and vice versa. Anytime people are at the top someone wants to knock them down. If Zeppelin is dated than why are they listened to by the young generation so much? They still sell over a million albums a year, not bad since they stopped playing 27 years ago. I don't feel Led Zeppelin, The Rolling Stones,The Who,The Doors,Clapton etc will ever go out of style. People will always listen to these bands whether their older or younger. What keeps them going is the variety of their music. The older bands explored all types of music in many cultures. There are a few bands that I don't care for but I do have respect for them because I know they make good music and create a good vibe for people. I'm just glad I got to see many great artists live before their gone.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1603
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home