Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
What bootlegs have you
Posted by: tippy2toes ()
Date: April 14, 2007 01:57

So everyone what bands do you have bootlegs by? Myself I got Stones(the most), Heart, Rod Stewart, Hollies, Donovan, Foreigner, Bowie,Journey,Genesis, Suertramp....list goes on.

Re: What bootlegs have you
Posted by: terraplane ()
Date: April 14, 2007 02:09

Mostly Stones, quite a few Mick Taylor, lots of Bob Dylan, a few Jimi Hendrix and a few T.Rex

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: April 14, 2007 02:09

Dead bored with crappy boots... But beginning to collect Doors.
Right now I'm deleting the umpteenth version of some crappy audience recording
with the Stones .. Outtakes is another story...

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: April 14, 2007 02:32

Dont collect bootleg vinyl or CD - always collected tapes and latterly CDR's. Much easier and cheaper to amass a large collection that way. I've always preferred the more fan friendly interraction of trading than lining the pockets of bootleggers, although latterly its almost exclusively torrent downloads.

I've more Stones than by any other artist, but have about a thousand Dylan shows plus lots of studio and compilations etc,, several hundred Springsteen and another few hundred by other artists

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 14, 2007 03:01

Tryin' to collect a few gooduns from the stillboards...Ma well she
ain't happy with 'em clutterin' up the place...But daddy said dont pay her no mind..

ROCKMAN

Posted by: custom55 ()
Date: April 14, 2007 04:07

I have many but my non-Stones fav is YES - Live at Roosevelt Stadium 1976 ( with Patrick Moraz ). Excellent sound and I was there...

Posted by: Tumblin_Dice_07 ()
Date: April 14, 2007 05:45

I have more Stones live shows than any other artist. I'm not very interested in outtakes. I have a few shows by Eric Clapton, Derek and the Dominos, Cream, The Allman Brothers, Lynyrd Skynyrd, and Jimi Hendrix......and one Blind Faith bootleg.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: April 14, 2007 06:08

Feel like a real rookie here. In New York for the first time, saw Buddy Guy the other night, and checking out Greenwich Village today found a record store on Thompson, south of Washington Square, that has tons of bootlegs... Always wondered where they were found. Sadly am over limit on purchases and, since they include alcohol, will be tossed coming back thru customs so didn't buy anything, but they had some great shows! They have racks of these fror anyone looking (and no, I don"t have the name of the store - the kid from the sticks is in full sensory ovrload this week folks!)

Posted by: KSIE ()
Date: April 14, 2007 06:18

SomeToronto,

Be sure you check-out the Hot Stuff forum on this site. Lots of stuff from some very kind folks available.

I have some Lou Reed a couple of Dylan, and a few other assorted things if any of that interests you. Always like to share the music, spirit of the Web and all that. :-)

my email is visible, click on my screen name.

Posted by: DirtyWorks ()
Date: April 14, 2007 06:53

Lining the pockets of bootleggers ? Don't be so obsess with bootleggers sometimes you don't have choice if you really want something. Franckly, when I paid an original boot I never think about lining the pockets of bootleggers. I don't give a shit. I paid and they gave me what I wanted. Don't buy and get everything for free is bored ! I gave several of my tapes to some labels. If labels does not offer me something for it, it simply stays in my drawer. I do not want to share it with people who think they can get everything for free.
By the way, some of the recordings were not available or was not circulating before someone bought the stuff !

Posted by: monkeyman07 ()
Date: April 14, 2007 07:30

Mostly of Stones , Kiss , ACDC , Stevie Ray Vaughan , Buddy Guy , Beatles , and that's all...

wipeacdc@hotmail.com
never too old or young to rocknroll!!!!!!

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: April 14, 2007 07:45

I was never that big on bootleg recordings...
I only have a few that I can think of:

vinyl
LIVEr Than You'll Ever Be
Goin Back To The Roots
Battle (One side Stones, one side is Beatles)

CD
Philadelphia Special
and maybe a few others

Also some Beatles... mostly on casette

Posted by: RollingStonesFan ()
Date: April 14, 2007 11:07

Actually just Stones, especially 1989 until today.
One bootleg from Santana.

Posted by: bobo ()
Date: April 14, 2007 12:58

Loads of Stones, Dylan, Springsteen, Bowie and U2. And one or two shows of lots of artists.

Posted by: Sohoe ()
Date: April 14, 2007 15:22

Lots of Stones and Dylan. Some Dead, Neil Young, Doors, Lou Reed and Velvet Underground. A couple of HEndrix and Marley and various other artists...

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: April 14, 2007 15:27

Lots of Stones (about 100, not many to some of you), a few by Springsteen, Georgia Satellites, & Zep.

"No Anchovies, Please"

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: April 14, 2007 15:36

The bootlegs are my life i am a fuc-ing bootleg.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 14, 2007 15:40

YEAH!!! CLASSIC rooster

ROCKMAN

Date: April 14, 2007 15:56

Rockman wanna thank you foo that Woody interview..used to buy all those magazines..cant do that no more so...i really like that you post those things!!!

Posted by: adotulipson ()
Date: April 14, 2007 16:06

I have Stones obviously,some silver/gold some downloads and some cdrs,used to have a load of tapes lots of bbc in concert ect but unbeknown to me my ex wife threw them out ,lost loads of memories and some bloody good music.
I still have a faces cdr somewhere and a Kings of Leon silver live in Manchester,bought it a second hand shop with the owner of the shop insisting it was an official release,it is thogh definately a bootleg ,audience not bad not great.

Date: April 14, 2007 16:08

One thing about bootlegs'''how come there are not so mucho so called black artist boots?? I have some but those are really rare...is it because...or was it a money thing?

Date: April 14, 2007 16:13

Its strange but for me the only real boot is a lp boot or a tape...those cd s i have grown tired of them...i love ol boot lp s!!

Date: April 14, 2007 18:14

DirtyWorks Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Lining the pockets of bootleggers ? Don't be so
> obsess with bootleggers sometimes you don't have
> choice if you really want something.

Yes. I do. I've never had to buy bootleg cds or Lps to get what I want. Did I touch a nerve here?

Franckly,
> when I paid an original boot I never think about
> lining the pockets of bootleggers. I don't give a
> shit. I paid and they gave me what I wanted.

Good for you. Whatever floats your boat.

Don't
> buy and get everything for free is bored !

I've no idea what that means, but if YOU say so...

I gave
> several of my tapes to some labels. If labels does
> not offer me something for it, it simply stays in
> my drawer. I do not want to share it with people
> who think they can get everything for free.

Good. And I dont like sharing with people who then sell it. So, we're both happy. I would imagine I've circulated more material than you have - I'm not interested in making money out of it. Its called give and take. Obviously thats beyond your grasp.

> By the way, some of the recordings were not
> available or was not circulating before someone
> bought the stuff !

And FAR more were circulating for free before someone decided to make money on them so spare me the moralising.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: April 14, 2007 18:21

I love collecting original boots of all kinds, LPS CDS and videos, i know its not for everyone but i really enjoy it, that is when i have some disposable income

Date: April 14, 2007 19:07

>Yes. I do. I've never had to buy bootleg cds or Lps to get what I want. Did I touch a nerve here?

No but to say lining the pockets of bootleggers is pathetic. Enjoy the music whatever you paid or you downloaded. As said if someone didn't line the pockets of bootleggers some of the recordings were not circulating.

>Good. And I dont like sharing with people who then sell it. So, we're both >happy.

I agree, labels who takes recordings, should reward the taper at least. In some other way, labels are losing money because of the downloading so they just serve themself. It's a jungle out there.

>I would imagine I've circulated more material than you have - I'm not >interested in making money out of it. Its called give and take. Obviously >thats beyond your grasp.

It's just your imagination. You don't even know who I am and what materials are circulating because of me. You have no idea.
You are not interested in making money of it. I respect your opinion about it. But traders, uploaders or downloaders should respect the tapers by giving the right infos about recordings. Is it difficult to mention the titles ? the reference or numbers of CDs ?

>And FAR more were circulating for free before someone decided to make money on them so spare me the moralising.

Not too sure....before the internet era...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-04-14 19:08 by DirtyWorks.

Date: April 14, 2007 19:21

DirtyWorks Wrote:
> Not too sure....before the internet era...

Ive been collecting WAY before the internet era. When I started trading, most fans I traded with only traded original tapes, the lower the generation the better - they werent actually interested in stuff copied off bootlegs.

Your obsession with me choosing not to line the pockets of bootleggers is a bit misleading. I dont have any moral problem with people pressing bootlegs or buying them. I just choose not to bother buying them for financial reasons..read my first post again - it makes it easier for me to accumulate a lot more music. Silver discs mean nothing to me as I'm not a record collector.

I'd also just personally prefer to trade with someone who will spread the music to other fans than with someone who will sell a recording they got for free.

> As said if someone didn't line the pockets of bootleggers some of the recordings were not circulating.

It works both ways. There are a lot of fans sitting on uncirculated recordings who wont distribute them for the simple reason that they KNOW someone else will mass produce them for profit. I could have done that with the ABB remixes that I personally put into circulation a few months ago, because I knew some greedy bastard would download it for free and then sell it., but the more important motivation for me is to let people hear it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-04-14 19:24 by Gazza.

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: April 14, 2007 19:43

I've got Handsome Girls (thanks to Elmo).........and probably 15 Dylan CD's and DVD's thanks to the generosity of another friend from iorr who wishes to remain anonymous....

.......but my favorite is Bob Dylan, Charlotte 1978. I was there at that show, so when a guy named Billy from England, another friend who I cyber-met on this forum, sent me the boot last year it brought back so many memories of that magical show.....wow, I had no idea when I was seeing Dylan for the first time that 28 years later a stranger from overseas would mail me a bootleg recording of that very show...for free....aint life great?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2007-04-14 19:48 by Lukester.

Posted by: DrPete ()
Date: April 14, 2007 20:51

I have 250-300 of both the Stones&Led zep. Have 20-30 of Beatles, WHO, Clash. 70-100 of Nirvana. Also Ramones, Pistols, Jthunders, AC/DC and many many more.

Date: April 15, 2007 00:15

Understood and respect your opinion Gazza :-)

Posted by: normanplace ()
Date: April 15, 2007 00:17

I have more Stones, KR, RW, MJ CD and DVD boots than I can keep count or even organize. I recently did organize my Jeff Beck, Faces, Ron Wood, and other solo Stones boots. There was a hundred or so in that stack and many more on disk that I havent gotten around to checking out and burning. After Stones and Beck I will organize my Jam, Weller, Style Council stuff but I can't see that happening soon. Than someday the Clash and punk stuff. and on and on....

Everytime I try to give the downloading and trading a rest someone lays a storm of something new or lightly circulated. It is an addiction. I have almost every Stpnes show that is on DVD up to 1989 (I don;t really bother past that, too easy to get i guess). Not to mention all those Hendrix DVD's and soundboards.

When I was growing up the boots were like gold. Rare and kind of expensive. Not anymore.

The message is don't pay for this stuff, get yerself high speed internet connection and a DVD burner and share share share. Torrent rules but only works if you share.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1568
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home