Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Dance Little Sister Tab
Posted by: deuce ()
Date: April 13, 2007 18:53

I have just completed tabbing Dance Little Sister. You can view it along with other songs I have tabbed here:

[www.ultimate-guitar.com]

I go through periods where I tab alot and then I go through some dry spells. All depends on how much time I've got. Hope someone enjoys it

Re: Dance Little Sister Tab
Posted by: Koen ()
Date: April 13, 2007 19:05

thanks smiling smiley

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: April 13, 2007 19:09

Can' believe you tabbed this one LOL.
Did you include the bridge when it goes to G "Jump out of Africa.."?
Also Taylor IMO does not use a Whammy.
Mathijs or Open G, Taylor expert, would know better, but MT got his bends and vibrato the real way - he earned them. On his Les Paul he bent the hell out of those strings. In the solo, maybe, maybe on 2:29 he whammies a note but if he is playing the LP he doesn't have a bar.
I am not sure what the guitars are. The solo sounds like the LP for sure, but in the rhythm MT could be playing a Strat. But I do think he is doing it on LP. Keith sounds very fat. He might be playing one of his customs from the 70's.

"...no longer shall you trudge 'cross my peaceful mind."

Posted by: deuce ()
Date: April 13, 2007 19:11

It almost sounds like Keith is playing in the neck position. I'm still willing to bet thats a wammy on that note in the solo though

Date: April 13, 2007 19:12

What guitar do you think Keith is on? I can not come up with one. He sounds great. Love that sound.

Posted by: bruno ()
Date: April 13, 2007 20:52

I'd say that Taylor plays a Strat on this one. It doesn't sound like Taylor's Vibrato (Hi, OpenG!) to me, but like he's using the whammy bar.

As to Keith's guitar, well, let's see... I'd bet it was played on a humbucker guitar on neck position:
- The 5 String Zemaitis had a humbucker pickup, but on bridge position...
- The 5 string Ted Newman guitar had a humbucker on bridge and a P90 on neck...
- I think Keith didn't use to play Les Pauls when this one was recorded (early 74, I think)
- On the other hand, Keith used a double P90 LP Goldtop later on the 75 Tour, so...

The conclussion is that I don't know which guitar Keith used, but I have put some thoughts to comment, LOL!

[There'll be no wedding today...]

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: April 13, 2007 21:30

Infromation from Taylor some years ago; he used his '63 (he thought it was a '63) Fender Stratocaster. He uses the wammy for the deeper wammy dips. He thought he played through a Deluxe Reverb with a tape delay, as he remembered only playing through a Fender throughout '74 (he also stated he hated the Ampeg amps). According to Taylor, Keith played his "50's tele with humbucker through a small amp, like a Champ".

Mathijs

Posted by: cc ()
Date: April 13, 2007 22:05

the tricky thing in keith's part is not so much what you can tab but how he got the sound, or even more so, what is he doing with his _right_ hand? I just can't hear the pick strokes, I don't know how he gets the notes out in such a raunchy way. when you all play it, does it sound at all like the record?

Posted by: terraplane ()
Date: April 14, 2007 00:29

Yeah, it always sounded like a Strat to me on the lead. That's definitely the whammy bar being used. For some reason. I have always thought Keith played the lead on this as none of the licks sound like MT licks to me. I must admit I haven't listened to it for ages though.

Posted by: Telecaster_man ()
Date: April 16, 2007 22:20

Thanks so much ...i f you can tab also great tunes like Slave,Hang Fire,Going to a Go-Go,Far away eyes,Neighbors etc.. more accurate than the ones that already exist on Ultimate Guitar

---------------------------------------------
Shattered !!!
---------------------------------------------

Date: April 16, 2007 22:26

I know I am the minority but I don;t hear it as a whammy.

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: April 16, 2007 22:32

You do many of us a great favour with your work, please go on tabbing! Thanks!

Belgrade-Bucharest-Budapest-Brno

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: April 17, 2007 00:48

ChelseaDrugstore Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I know I am the minority but I don;t hear it as a
> whammy.

The vibrator goes down in pitch, something that is almost impossible without a vibrato unit of any kind (you could wiggle the neck like Jimmy Page did with led Zep, but I don't think Taylor ever did that).

Mathijs

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1654
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home