Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Mick with harrison, dylan, springsteen, ringo, more
Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: April 9, 2007 13:48

Re: Mick with harrison, dylan, springsteen, ringo, more
Posted by: SanctifiedMind ()
Date: April 9, 2007 15:21

that was great!
what event was this from? It looks like the finale of something.
is there any postable music?
thanks for the link.

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: April 9, 2007 15:22

It's the Hall Of Fame final jam, 1989 or something like that.

Belgrade-Bucharest-Budapest-Brno

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: April 9, 2007 15:28

1988 - january 20th, to be exact.

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: April 9, 2007 15:29

Dare I say it'''Jaggers'' part is the best.

Posted by: Keith The Beast ()
Date: April 9, 2007 16:00

hahaha, that was great. Bruce was startstruck there looking at Mick! Awesome!

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: April 9, 2007 16:53

The very first clip of Jagger is good because he looks so cocky; badder than anyone else on that stage. Good shot of George H and Jagger together at mike. I wonder if they (Jagger and George e.g) know that they are a possible historic photo opp right then and there. At every one of these mega jams there is always someone who needs to go round and organize and mend the cracks. Like Billy Joel holding up his hand for "Cats, I'll be handling the bridge here.."
Will never, never EVER, forget Paul Shaffer at the last ceremony skulking round and in between the big stars and performers with that clipboard. It was one of the funniest things I have ever seen. Clipboard, headset, Magik Marker and rock'n roll ..LOL

"...no longer shall you trudge 'cross my peaceful mind."

Date: April 9, 2007 16:54

Its an duet between Jag and spring!!And S SSSoul is right its from 88...cause R&R fame 89 Jagger had short hair (not bald but short).

Date: April 9, 2007 16:56

But way to many people on stage.for a moment i thought i was seeing Lynyrd Skynyrd.

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: April 9, 2007 18:14

Thanks....nice video.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: April 9, 2007 18:55

That was great!!

Was that Jeff Beck doing a short guitar solo?

Wow, Ringo on drums smiling when Mick starts singing, George Harrison coming in to help Mick with the words, and then toward the end, Dylan playing guitar in the back between Springsteen and Mick.

Date: April 9, 2007 18:58

Yes that was Jeff Beck; probably passing out business cards in bewteen licks LOL. "Here Mick, I'm free June to Oct this year. Call me Babe.."

Date: April 9, 2007 20:24

jeff beck easily, easily the equal or better of page, clapton, taylor, hendrix...dosen't get better than that, just dosen't; a supreme guitarist...i don't guess he goes around begging for work; genius innovator...seems to me he gave ron and rod a job...and essentially started both of their careers in a meaningful way...from the yardbirds on, smashing his guitar into the amp before townshend etc...(it's on film) ...the tude, the look the sound the chops, even the hairdo; and very many a pale imitator in his wake.

listen to truth and beck-ola, no one ever sounded like that before him, or wrenched those kinds of sounds out of guitar previously...he invented metal before breakfast one day for godsake...jeff beck is the holy grail of rock, jazz or anything else he cares to do with a guitar.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-04-09 20:27 by Beelyboy.

Posted by: button_your_lip ()
Date: April 9, 2007 20:45

LOL..I never liked that song ie:lyrics..but that was really fun to watch..poor spring couldn't hit the high note..but they stepped in and backed him up.

Date: April 9, 2007 20:48

was that also Dave Edmunds on guitar (with the blonde hair)?

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: April 9, 2007 20:49

That was fun, thanks for posting.

Date: April 9, 2007 21:27

imo very touching the way springsteen looks totally starstruck; never takes his eyes off mick; he's got his chance, he's gonna take it...so he won't go near the lead mike till mick gives a nod; then he stares at mick, making direct eye contact, very clearly indicating he's got to come over and sing with him on mike..then in the middle of a springsteen verse, bruce sings only the first line, looking at mick expectantly, drawing him in again...clearly indicating that mick's got to sing the second etc...turns it into a duet of sorts...what a crack up...loved it...then george and everybody gets in on it...mick, and i don't mean this competitively, just naturally the center of all that energy by virture of being mick.

like chelsea was saying, just something else with mick's energy and presence, so powerful there. immediately apparent to everyone there to i think.

shaking the tamb. smiling, just grooving...cracking himself and one of the performers up...just naturally wry funny and charming and groovy...all that talent up there...let's face it even billy joel does a great job...(i know i know please don't hate me)...
imo, even with bob d etc...there was ONE front man on the stage and everyone clearly knew it...and mick was easy, warm and affable...one funky boy that mick.

(also, interesting to me on second or third look, i noticed there was this huge circle, amidst an otherwise new orleans street parade humongous population of people on the stage, a HUGE clearing...they left him in a glowing circle of power on automatic pilot when jeff beck took a go at it...
(ha i'll save you the joke and say NO it wasn't cause nobdody wanted to be near him...)

also liked the very beginning when harrison hangs back and at the famous shaking moppie toppie 'ooooooohhhhh' he kinda quarter does it, looking at someone and smiling ironically...fans bitch and compare and so do the mags and i'm sure the bands themselves from time to time like anybody else, i do admittedly, analyze and dissect and get my own frames of references for my own reasons and from my own perspective and personal histories with so much music...but these people, aside from 'show biz legends stuff' know, love and respect each other...pioneers and hardened road warriors and great great spirits....magic human beings.

yeh a silly song...middleweight pop-rocker...but it didn't matter.
had a good beat. 12 bars and a bridge...
u throw this crowd at something like that...something's likely to go down..

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2007-04-09 21:38 by Beelyboy.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: April 9, 2007 21:37

It's really cool to see that situation between Jagger and Bruce, imagine BIG Springsteen was in 1988, been through incredible tours, written songs known by millions of people, terrific artist; still starstruck by Jagger.
Makes me wonder; was Elvis ever starstruck by anyone ? After he became "a legend", not talking about the 50s...
Can't imagine Elvis being starstruck

Date: April 9, 2007 21:41

for gladys
and jesus
and some girls
?
good question...

some of those gospel quartets he saw at 'sing's in his formative years perhaps?
know what u mean; awful good question; don't really know the answer...

oh sorry; you said 'after he became a legend and not 50's...duh...i should read more closely...the way he charged into the white house one day when he decided he wanted a cop badge from the president etc...i don't think anybody really intimitaed elvis in a way...in another way, he was very shy seeming outside his rigid circle of control...starstruck after what he'd been thru? hard to imagine...he was still pretty young when he playfully 'sent up' sinatra to his face on sinatra's own show...to frank's credit, at that point, even he got off on it.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2007-04-09 21:47 by Beelyboy.

Date: April 9, 2007 21:44

Starstruck, not mastruck...

Date: April 9, 2007 21:48

mastruck hawwww
lol, great one...yeh i re=read yer post and finally duh understood it and edited accordingly.

Date: April 9, 2007 21:55

Oh yes, thanks Beelyboy, I can imagine Elvis acting humble for the common man/woman in certain situations, but "starstruck" wouldn't seem possible for Elvis, oh well..I've been listening to Elvis all day long, I seek an Elvis-connection in everything today..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-04-09 21:56 by Erik_Snow.

Date: April 9, 2007 22:20

he's always on your mind?
watch out for that kentucky rain bro

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: April 9, 2007 23:47

This is the same performance but from completely different camera angles and different mix (Mick sounds better here). Note when Mick tries to get Harrison's attention (you can see him say "George") but GH has his back turned and doesn't hear him.

Date: April 9, 2007 23:59

wow; you can really see from glam's clip how much of an unstructured wild put-together jam this really was...actually schaffer does a pretty good job trying to get this all together...and trying to organize it in the minute...harrison is dead eyed on him, looking for the push off...

he also did a good job, (if you saw the unedited '07 hof stream) of literally pushing stills aside, with both hands!...shutting his myopically weird surf-guitar endless jam OFF and getting right to keith...thnks for posting glam descendant.
come to think of it, schaffer was the original music director on snl, involved with booking and staging...and must know the boyz personally for over thirty years...including harrison's appearacnce with paul simon many years ago (eric idle hosted)...thinking of all the stones appearances and also solo mick...don't think the winos did the show tho...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-04-10 00:17 by Beelyboy.

Date: April 10, 2007 01:34

You know, I don't really see all this respect that Bruce is showiung Jagger. Not that he is dissing him, but it looks to me just like they're sharing a mike singing.
Jagger does ooze power on that stage, but I find Dylan even more interesting. Without singing or moving, barely strumming that SG, he is positioned center, center with George H., Bruce and Jagger gathered round HIM, always subtly setting the temperature.

Date: April 10, 2007 01:49

u don't see bruce egging mick on and getting him to trade lines on that verse?
or the joy on his face..

at 1:53 bruce looks to mick and mick actually verbally gives him the 'go' before bruce will start...

about 2:12 after the first line is sung, bruce turns almost all the backward to mick and makes contact...and just exactly when when mick sings "HELD" (each other tight)...he looks right into springsteen's eyes, opens up with the warmest smile...alright, he's gonna play and he's getting off on it...flashed a full warm smile as they were rockin' it up...flash of direct knowing eye contact...
...next shot of bruce 2:14 (for...."each other tight"...

he's had a once in a lifetime actually live rocking connection with his hero and if you pause it; you've never seen a kid on any christmas that looks more ratified, sanctified, satisfied and satiated...

this is pretty sick fan stuff huh?? like zapruder film analysis...haaaa

could be wrong...that's what i see...not all at first tho...

Date: April 10, 2007 02:03

I agree with the Drugstore boy from Italy (Chelsea)......I think Bruce is sharing a mic with Mick and looking in his general direction.....not starstruck though.....I guess he was told he would sing so he was looking for his cue?....or starstruck, what the fvck do I know?

Date: April 10, 2007 02:04

Well I agree with Beelyboy, so we'll have to settle this with a fistfight.

Date: April 10, 2007 02:07

"group hug?"

lukester war horse.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1585
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home