Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: MACCA VS STONES 2007
Posted by: FrankM ()
Date: April 6, 2007 10:13

Wildbill, I think even Macca would admit that the Stones were better than Wings in the seventees. Did Wings have any albums as good as Exile, Sticky or Some Girls?

Next you will selectively choose a couple statistics and try to convince us that Men At Work was better than The Who.

Posted by: Happy Jack ()
Date: April 6, 2007 12:44

Its people like wildbill that actually make me hate the beatles. The Beatles made good music, but are overated in many categories, and given unfair credit for many things. Its people like wildbill that make those not in the know think that everything in music after 1964, the beatles invented: punk, metal, hard rock, grunge, rap genres, and were the prognisticators of the concept album, the first to use synthesizers in rock music, the first to do this and that (i think your getting my point). Thank you wildbill for once again bringing out an unwarranted hatred of the Beatles in me.

Posted by: JaggerFan ()
Date: April 6, 2007 20:35

Mr. Jimmy, what is a "total James"?

Posted by: JaggerFan ()
Date: April 6, 2007 20:43

Happy Jack...

I know exactly what you men. There was a guy at my old job who was a complete Beatle freak, wore it like his own badge, and daily told me how superior they were to the Stones - as if he in some way was, therefore, better than me.

I went through an intense Beatle fandom (reto-active, of course) when I was 12-14, soaking it all up myself etc. In fact, it was the Beatles that got me into the Stones.

I like the Stones a "whole bunch better" (to paraphrase '78 cocnkey Mick), and it took years of no Beatles to finally be able to appreciate them over again. I've come up with the following conclusions.

1. No one has ever matched their songwriting skills.
2. They were boring live.
3. Paul was more of a visionary than John.
4. George was underrated.

I'm glad to be able to listen to them again - but I still like the Stones better. No Beatle is Mick.

Posted by: Happy Jack ()
Date: April 6, 2007 21:04

jaggerfan, I would agree with most of what you say, except for statement three (but thats probably a bias on my part, as John is my favorite Beatle, and overall I prefer his songs to those of Paul). However, yes they were boring live compared to their contemporaries, yes they were excellent songwriters giving music some of its most recognizable songs, and yes as a guitarist George was underated. But like you, I still like (in my case) the Who more.
Likewise, while I'm the biggest who fan I know (ask me almost anything about them, and I probably can tell you about it), I also dont step lock-in-shoulder with everything they did. The did some poor material (its hard?), but i still like them. And this is what i never understood about being a "fan". Part of being a fan of a group or act is realizing their faults (this would go to rabid stones fans as well).
Finally i think part of the reason I do not listen to the beatles that often is because I have heard their catologue so much, there is nothing new left for me to find. Ive heard and read about it analyzed to death, I'm somewhat tired of it. This may be why im a Kinks Kick now, im discovering some great stuff about them that you never hear, and its refreshing. Like wise with the who and stones: there are some great album tracks not heard on the radio. (BTW the most interesting Beatle book i have read in a long time was the recent Unreleased Beatles, its made me want to track down some of these unrealesed recordings).
So in conclusion i have to two things to say: The beatles are great, but I like the Who better. and finally, to quote Groucho Marx: these are my opinions, if you dont like them, i have others. Cheers!

Posted by: aslecs ()
Date: April 7, 2007 01:09

His "name" says it all. Anyone that goes by that HAS to be dumb

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: April 7, 2007 01:23

JaggerFan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Mr. Jimmy, what is a "total James"?

I assume its cockney rhyming slang, with "James" referring to the late racing driver James Hunt. smiling smiley

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: April 7, 2007 01:33

Gazza Wrote:
> JaggerFan Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Mr. Jimmy, what is a "total James"?
>
>
>
> I assume its cockney rhyming slang, with "James"
> referring to the late racing driver James Hunt. smiling smiley

Or James Blunt...

Posted by: wee bobby lennox ()
Date: April 7, 2007 11:41

there is no comparisen between macca and the stones.

lennon was the inspiration behind the beatles anyway, and macca,s solo stuff is crap.

macca sells big cos he lives off the beatles reputation, at least the stones can tour with songs they wrote themeselves that are good, can macca do that.

Date: April 8, 2007 04:44

i don't know if you remember but macca with wings, broke the record attandance in seattle in 1976. the previous record was held by the beatles at shay stadium in new york. also macca broke the record of most singles sold with mull of kyntire....the previous record was she loves you, also held by the beatles.

so....everything he did with the beatles, macca did over again with WINGS, and even better!!!!!!

now, i think wings sold more records than the STONEs in the 70's. singles and albums.

WINGS CONCERTS WERE BEYOND COMPARE...NOT EVEN THE STONES COULD COME NEAR A WINGS SHOW.

Posted by: stonesfrk ()
Date: April 8, 2007 04:46

Wrong, Wild man, Led zep hold's the 70's stadium gig's it's even in the guiness world of records,numb nut's.

Date: April 8, 2007 05:10

wrong.

wings, 1976, seattle, kingsdome.... 76 000. largest paid audience ever for a concert up to that point. no act in history had atracted that many people before in history.

again, macca broke the record as a solo act in 1990 in rio.... 186 000 people paid to see macca, by the way, the record still stand to this day.

Date: April 8, 2007 05:13

Wrong! The Stones in Altamont,estimated at 500,000! That's right five hundred thousand, Can you comprehend Wild,or Billary or what ever you are!

Date: April 8, 2007 05:16

Not only that, Zep at Knebworth 79 was 200,00! Get your knuckles together because your going to need them!

Date: April 8, 2007 05:28

wrong.........stones and zep played free concerts.

free concerts....not paid audience....

Date: April 8, 2007 05:29

so.....not only macca still holds the record for the largest PAID AUDIENCE IN HISTORY....rio 1990, 186 000 people, but he is listen in the guiness book of records as teh most sucessfull composer of all time.

Date: April 8, 2007 05:34

wildbillclintongranata Wrote:
> wrong.........stones and zep played free
> concerts.
>
> free concerts....not paid audience....

Sorry,Mister money,is that what mcartney is all about?is that why he constantly get's burned?ie Whacko Jacko? Heather Mill's? And by the way zep at Knebworth both night's were paid attendence! So chalk it up at 400,000 for 2 night mister,MACCA. You are one funny chacter! Funny how KARMA STRIKES IS'NT IT?

Date: April 8, 2007 06:04

sorry loaf.....

it's written in all records'books...

macca broke attandance record 3 x's with the beatles, wings, and solo.

and his solo record rio 1990 still stands!!!!

this is from wikepedia: McCartney played for the largest stadium audience in history when 184,000 people paid to see him perform at MaracanĂ£ Stadium in Rio de Janeiro on 21 April, 1990,[276]

source: [en.wikipedia.org]

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: April 8, 2007 06:21

Well you hold the record for the most stupid comparission on this board...

Date: April 8, 2007 06:25

Sorry loaf, How wrong you are and i know you knowIT! i'm not even going to go to your lenght of enthuiasium with MACCA! I just checked on something that i knew from knowledge in my brain,something you seem to not have. Go to wipedia,zeppelin blew all beatles shit away, not only that STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN is the # 1 song of all time in RADIO HISTORY,KNUCKLE HEAD, Get your shit together,before you make a mochary of yourself on this board! MACCA SUCKS DI**! Get my drift?

Date: April 8, 2007 06:29

hahahahahaha.

WINGS OWNED THE ZEP.....

MULL OF KYNTIRE SOLD MORE THAN SAIRWAY TO HEAVEN!!!!!!!

Date: April 8, 2007 06:31

BIG FART IN THE FACE!!!! You have some serious problem's that's it with you and me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: April 8, 2007 06:34

Wrong. 750,000 attended The Archies farewell concert in Fant Isle.

Date: April 8, 2007 06:38

Sorryschillid, What is this? i've never heard of it.and i've been around! i can't even find it on google?

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: April 8, 2007 06:44

it wouldn't be on google...
because it's a joke

Date: April 8, 2007 06:44

Jimmy Page, was once quoted as saying i've often thought in the way of the Stones,they tried to be the sons of Chuck Berry. Led Zeppelin we tried to be the sons of Howlin Wolf! Where is the Beatles MENTIONED MISTER MACCA?

Date: April 8, 2007 08:03

macca writing i wanna be your man for keef

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: April 8, 2007 08:09

MAYBE I'M NOT AMAZED, BUFFOON!
THE FACES VERSION IS INCREDIBLE THEY ARE LIKES GODS NO ONE CAN TOUCH THEM EVER THEY ARE THE GREATEST THE GREATEST...
...snnnnooorrrreee.....
....snnnoorrrrreeeeee.....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-04-08 08:16 by Beelyboy.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 963
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home