Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: IMPORTANT information about the O2 FLOOR SEATING
Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: March 29, 2007 21:40

WilcoMick Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Are they also selling the blocks behind the main stage?

No.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: March 29, 2007 21:54

with sssoul Wrote:
> >> THERE IS NO BLOCK C2. <<
>
> sure there is - right between the b-stage and
> blocks 106-107.
> and although charts like this can be misleading,
> this graphic, plus what you've said above,
> sure makes it seem like C2 might well run from
> seat 11 to seat 40. not necessarily, but they
> very well might.
> and either way, the person who posted up there
> that they have seats 14-17 of row B in section C2
>
> has very good reason to be real happy with 'em.
> if not, i'll take 'em! :E

OK, my mistake about there not being a block C2. What I was meaning is that there isn't a block C2 positioned "between" C1 and C3 - and I mean DIRECTLY between, not "set back" towards the rear of the floor like it shows C2 on the seating chart. Let me explain. The reason I sought specific seat numbering info was because I was concerned that seats I had bought in C3 were way on the outside of the block and therefore crap, they're numbers 47/48/49/50. In the course of my investigations, I discovered what the numbering is across those two blocks EITHER SIDE of the B stage, NOT in front of it and NOT behind it - but EITHER SIDE of it.

So, as to the seat numbering on C2, and for that matter on A1 and A3 and B1 and B3. A "reasonable" conclusion to draw, working from the specific info I gleaned about blocks C1 and C3, is that the floor is 50 seats wide from one side to the other, and the way the O2 numbers them is to simply KEEP the numbering convention, irrespective of seats having been removed for things like catwalks, B stages, other stuff on the floor. IF ... and it's only an IF ... that's the case, then as is seen on the seating plan, block C2 is the exact same width as the B stage (and we know that the B stage accounts for seats 11 to 40 across the C block area), then it might well be OK to assume that C2 is numbered from 11 to 40 left to right as you're looking forward facing the main stage. It's a GUESS, but I would argue that it's a reasonable one !

Sorry for the confusion, I was so focused on looking at blocks C1 and C3 and the B stage between them that I really didn't notice C2 back there at the arse end of the floor !!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 29, 2007 22:02

crazymama Wrote:
> Gazza Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> <yep..what seat numbers?...the stage runs from
> seats 11-40, so if youre anything in <between
> those youre very central
>
> Seats 14 to 17; well, that's not very central.

You think not? Eight seats in from the middle of the arena? I think pretty much anyone else would call that central

Posted by: crazymama ()
Date: March 29, 2007 22:39

OK, Gazza, you are right. I'm now very satisfied with our seats, also because I've never been near the B-stage.

I won't give them away !!!!!

Date: March 29, 2007 22:41

I think they seem really good. I'm sure you'll be quite happy with them.

Posted by: jabhead ()
Date: March 30, 2007 01:05

So I have section A1 seats 13-16 from the Legacy presale. Is this close to the middle?

Posted by: Tralala ()
Date: March 30, 2007 01:22

Just found out my tickets for Aug 21st are a LOT BETTER than I thought. The A3 Block is really small, according to some posters here. And because they just "skip" the seatnumbers who were supposed to be where the catwalt is, two of my tickets are just the perfect distance from the catwalk. Nice portrait photo distance. COOL! (Seats 35 and 36)

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: March 30, 2007 02:00

<<< The A3 Block is really small, according to some posters here. And because they just "skip" the seatnumbers who were supposed to be where the catwalk is, two of my tickets are just the perfect distance from the catwalk. >>>

Please be aware, what I quoted is a FACT for the C blocks, because I made SPECIFIC enquiries about the C blocks, thinking that I'd bought crap seats and discovering in fact that they weren't so bad after all. But whether or not the "seat numbering convention" is the same for C2 and also the A and B blocks ... your guess really is as good as mine. I'll take a guess that it is, but please understand that's all it is - a GUESS. It's based on (a) reason (b) logic, and (c) the ASSUMPTION that if the seating plan is roughly to scale, then we can take a guess at the actual width of the A & B blocks. But you know what they say about ASSUMPTIONS don't you ? They are the cause of the mother of all f*** ups !!

SO ... if you've got ANY doubt about the quality of your seats in location/numbering terms in anything other than blocks C1 and C3, I would strongly advise you make your own enquiries, don't just blindly take MY word for it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-03-30 02:01 by paulywaul.

Date: March 30, 2007 02:14

Tralala Wrote:
> Just found out my tickets for Aug 21st are a LOT
> BETTER than I thought. The A3 Block is really
> small, according to some posters here. And because
> they just "skip" the seatnumbers who were supposed
> to be where the catwalt is, two of my tickets are
> just the perfect distance from the catwalk. Nice
> portrait photo distance. COOL! (Seats 35 and 36)

Those do indeed seem very good. Well done.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1510
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home