Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Lausanne Switzerland - Migros and Stones
Posted by: Sjouke ()
Date: March 24, 2007 17:46

In German:

[www.nzz.ch]

[www.migros.ch]

but it basically says you have to collect adhesives, followed by a lottery. In the end it costs you 6000 points which is 60 Swiss francs (less than 40 Euro). This is really cheap of course...

sjouke

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2007-03-25 15:34 by bv.

Re: Migros and Stones
Posted by: UGot2Rollme ()
Date: March 24, 2007 17:50

Thanks for the info. I live here in Zurich but don't speak much German. Got my Cumulus card today and went shopping. Didn-t know about the adhesives, stickers.. where do we get them??

Posted by: Bruce ()
Date: March 24, 2007 20:39

UGot2Rollme

This is how it works: For every purchase of more than CHF 10 that you make as a Cumulus card holder, you get a Rolling Stones "tongue sticker". Those stickers need to be attached onto the official Rolling Stones "competition card" (which has space for 10 stickers). The competition cards then need to be handed in at every Migros- or M-Electronics branch.

Beginning April 10, you can get your "tongue stickers" and "competition cards" at all Migros- and M-Electronics branches.

So let's wait and see whether things will be working as planned... Any other questions?

Posted by: Bruce ()
Date: March 24, 2007 20:40

Hey guys

What do you think - will there be a certain number of tickets that will go on sale to rs.com members? Or are ALL tickets exclusively available through the Migros competition?

Posted by: lodge ()
Date: March 24, 2007 22:37

I assume not. Because it's a PR Gag by Migros a big Swiss Super Market chain and they distribute all tickets according to their announcement.
If there would be some to purchase via rs.com it will be only a couple of hundred. But I think as their won't be any prices on the ticket (it's more or less a give-away to a rebate system by Migros) there won't have any on rs.com.

Posted by: UGot2Rollme ()
Date: March 25, 2007 09:50

Thanks for the info Bruce!
Looks like I-ll be shopping at Migros from here on out...

Posted by: bartfrombrussels ()
Date: March 25, 2007 15:09

Let's wait and see what turns up on e-bay.

Re: Lausanne Switzerland - Migros and Stones
Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 25, 2007 16:42

Lots and lots who winn this lottery will not be real fans. They will be willing to sell their tickets at market price. This is not a club show where you need wriostbands etc. Just buy the ticket from somebody who don't need it. You may call it the black market but it is still the ticket market. No big difference. And believe it or not, most people are honest these days when it comes to selling spare tickets. Just use common sense.

Bjornulf

Posted by: MarcJ ()
Date: March 25, 2007 16:42

Some of the rules are still unclear about how to get tickets for this event. But some interesting statements have been made lately :

1) 15'000 x 2 tickets (30'000) will be available through the lotery after the customers would have used the Cumulus cards and get 10 stickers on a card that they have to send back to the Migros Marketing Address.

2) 10'000 tickets will be given for free through different events within the shops or within some of their partners.

3) I personnaly doubht that there will be any ticket for RS.COM fans to be sold, as there is a tax issue behind this deal. Migros does not have to pay 14% taxes because they give the tickets for free.

More to come when the lotery starts on April 10th...

Posted by: Sjouke ()
Date: March 25, 2007 18:36

BV wrote "most people are honest these days..."

especially the swiss people :-) but I am sure many tickets will show up at either e-bay or otherwise one of the swiss websites...

[www.ticketboerse.ch]
[www.ricardo.ch]

sjouke

Posted by: MarcJ ()
Date: March 25, 2007 19:12

I have heard that the tickets will be only valid presented with the Cumulus cards. This way the black market might be more difficult.

On the other hand, the Cumulus card is quite oriented to Rolling Stones lovers, as they need to make 10 usages of their Cumulus Card within 2 weeks and also they will be charged 6000 points (60 CHF - 40 Euros) to get the tickets.

So let see what happen, rules might be ajusted by the time the lotery begins for real after Eastern.

Posted by: lodge ()
Date: March 25, 2007 19:22

I really wonder if people will collect the stickers you need in two weeks except if you're really wanna see the Stones.
You have to purchase 10 times in two weeks at least for 10 CHF. Normally we do our shopping once or may twice a week.
I already asked all relatives and friends to collect the stickers for me at least to get 10 for one participation card. You may enter more than one participation card.
What I wonder is only how do they distritube the seats or the pitch to the people. I cannot imagine that they will leave it open to the poeple where to sit or stand otherwise that might be a chaos on the floor. When the Stones played in Basel it wasn't such a problem, because the pitch and the part of the standing was open and you could choose. Today the things are different.
I assume that a lot of people will have a fair chance if they collect it and hand the 10 stickers in.
as MarcJ says let's wait and see.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1778
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home