Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Whats the use of a Membership?
Posted by: open-g ()
Date: March 23, 2007 18:24

Whats the use of a friggin' Platinum Membership?

yes, you can buy 4 tickets for one show and have a look at lousy RS.com

It's a waste of money, no?

Re: Whats the use of a Membership?
Posted by: Harm ()
Date: March 23, 2007 18:32

With those ticket prices it's useless. And it's a shame you can only buy 4 tickets for a stadium gig.

Date: March 23, 2007 18:35

on the other thread I typed Membershit - thats what I must have been thinking when bit the sour apple while ordering tickets.

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: March 23, 2007 18:35

its of great use for the band. as they can make yet more money for old rope

you can't knock their cheek thats for sure

Date: March 24, 2007 23:27

hmm - they wont pay tax for that, RScom will have to do that, they get the bennefit - right?

I should have thought of that earlyier

Posted by: barking paul ()
Date: March 24, 2007 23:58

as Marx (Groucho) once said,he wouldn't join any club that would have him as a member.

Posted by: soundcheck ()
Date: March 25, 2007 01:32

there is none.......

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: March 25, 2007 03:20

Sometimes, not all the time, you do end up with a choice of decent seats a little earlier than everyone else.

ThePlexiglass

Date: March 25, 2007 07:39

I think I can sue 'em,
if they don't send me a fanclub DVD rapidly - no?

Haha - dem rippers, dewm bloody ole' rippers.

money for nothing and the chicks for free..............urgh

Posted by: Rosto ()
Date: March 25, 2007 17:26

Hardly any use anymore if you're only using it for european tickets. They don't sell out as quick as a few years ago in Holland. It's hardly worth the $100. I didn't renew this time and I'm still waiting for the promised poster! The DVD has arrived though.

Let it rock!

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 25, 2007 17:34

It is a free world. When tickets go on public sale it is some times like a war zone. Bergen sold out in half an hour. Gothenburg sold out fast. Same with Horsens. O2 will be blown away pretty fast in general. The RS.com pre-sales is for you in case you don't want to be in the war zone, and you can afford the extra add-on cost of a membership.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Turd On The Run ()
Date: March 25, 2007 19:21

I wrote this for an earlier thread on the Frankfurt show, but it applies as an answer to your question. I hear ya, brother...but, in the end I just had to give in. bv is right. If you wanna make sure you see the boys up close...and ESPECIALLY if it is seating only...well, I didn't want to be sitting [!!!] 90 meters away from the Stones in a German stadium. BTW, I got 4th row seats.

"My Rolling Stones Club membership ran out late last year - I had been a member for years, but it really is quite expensive...and the only advantage it gives you is that you can get great tickets for ONE show in the tour. The Stones really force you to dig deep into the wallet for the privilege of seeing them up close.

So I was holding out on NOT having to buy a membership again for this tour. But when I saw TO MY HORROR that the Stones were mostly only offering SEATING for their stadium concerts in Germany/Europe [I will have to start a thread on this...GOD...I can't believe it] I thought about it [and saw how fast things were moving] and knowing that by the time the tickets go on sale to the general public next Friday the 30th of March all good seats up close would probably be gone. So I went to www.eventim.de [a German website] and saw that they had an option that IF YOU AGREE TO PAY 75 EUROS FOR AUTOMATIC MEMBERSHIP IN THE ROLLING STONES CLUB [!] you can buy the tickets now. I decided that I did NOT want to be seated 88 rows back with binoculars in a German stadium. So I sucked it up, bent over, and forked over the membership fee dough. It's only rock and roll...but the Stones know how to stick in in deep!"

Diamond rings, Vaseline, you gave me disease, well, I lost a lot of love over you.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1347
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home