Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
No hope for new Stones album
Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: March 21, 2007 09:17

Mick finishes his solo album.
Im absolutely not interested in a Mick solo album.I am very disappointed cause I hoped a new Stones. But it seems that it doesn!t happen this year. What a pity!

Re: No hope for new Stones album
Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: March 21, 2007 09:30

1962, think about it, why would they? If this tour is just a limited make-up European Summer tour without venturing to Asia or South America or the USA there'd be no point in putting something new out. It's all very calculated as you well know and I don't really think a new album would pull in a lot of extra people for the shows..... just my opinion...

Date: March 21, 2007 09:35

Maybe some refreshed older material a la Tattoo You.I think they have a lot.

Posted by: cali stones fan ()
Date: March 21, 2007 09:37

What is your source about Jagger's new solo album? Haven't heard of this before.

Date: March 21, 2007 09:43

News section (IORR)

Posted by: JK ()
Date: March 21, 2007 09:47

There is always hope....

Date: March 21, 2007 09:49

The worst Stones album is far better and far more interesting then the best solo album of anybody in the band. I hate solo works.

Posted by: mightymick ()
Date: March 21, 2007 10:20

i agree with that, althoug some tracks can be very interesting, but generally I prefer a regular Stones album. But I just don't think that they are going to release a new album, there's no point like HelterSkelter mentiond...

Posted by: wee bobby lennox ()
Date: March 21, 2007 11:21

didnt see the point in jagger starting doing solo albums in the 80,s.

that time could have been spent doing stones albums.

also dont agree with stones albums having 13, 14 or 16 songs on them like the last 3 albums have had, or doing 3 or 4 new songs for a compilation album, like in 2002.

they are denying themeselves the chance to release more albums of say 10 songs per album.

Posted by: otonneau ()
Date: March 21, 2007 11:24

I listened to Goddess much more than to ABB. Even Old Habits I think is better than anything on ABB. I'm delighted to have a new Jagger album.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: March 21, 2007 11:27

Wandering Spirit is the best "stones" album that should have been! Fantastic, and better than all their output since Some Girls.

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: March 21, 2007 11:29

Some of Ronnie's solo work is better than certain Stones albums. If you made a compilation for Jagger's best songs, it would be very good too. I never could do a lot with Keith's solo albums, they are more like good ideas that didn't end up as a really finished song.

Belgrade-Bucharest-Budapest-Brno

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: March 21, 2007 11:32

It is totally understandable that Mick Jagger wants to do something on his own again, he has been working a lot with the Stones recently, so he is looking for a little change. I only hope that he will do a great album, he is certainly capable of doing that, but sometimes he is trying to be to trendy, he does not need that. The fact that he is doing another soloalbum proves that he is not only working for the money, he loves music.

Posted by: crossfire ()
Date: March 21, 2007 11:42

1962 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The worst Stones album is far better and far more
> interesting then the best solo album of anybody in
> the band. I hate solo works.

Wandering Spirit, Main Offender, Gimmie Some Neck, I've Got My Own Album are far better listening (and easily as interesting) for me than some of the Stones poorest offerings. Besides, I think the solo efforts (particularly Jagger) is a by-product of continual creativity and drive that is a common thread in this band.

Posted by: bobo ()
Date: March 21, 2007 11:44

I am really looking foreward to a new Jagger album, too.
Don't like it, don't buy it. Simple as that.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 21, 2007 12:07

>Mick finishes his solo album.
Im absolutely not interested in a Mick solo album.I am very disappointed cause I hoped a new Stones. But it seems that it doesn!t happen this year. What a pity!

there was never any chance of a Stones album for this summer. They dont even have a record contract for starters and they're hardly going to make one anyway unless it gives them an excuse to do a major tour behind it.

It takes two songwriters to make a Stones album anyway, and going by the recorded output of both Mick and Keith in the last 15 years, creatively the Stones appear to be firing on one cylinder.

Posted by: asmallerbang ()
Date: March 21, 2007 12:14

Micks songs will reach far more people with the Rolling Stones brand name on the cover. He generally writes most of the stones stuff nowadays anyway.

I'm sure Keef would have loved to do another "Stones" album with him.

Posted by: wandering spirit ()
Date: March 21, 2007 12:18

better a new solo album by Mick than no new stuff at all! and maybe he can realize something as good as WS, which was really great! So for me it´s good news!

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: March 21, 2007 14:43

Backstage at the Hall of Fame, Keith answered a question about a new Stones album by saying the boys aren't cutting anything this year. You can watch it for yourself on Youtube.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: March 21, 2007 14:46

Lorenz wrote:

If you made a compilation for Jagger's best songs, it would be very good too.

I did. It is.

Posted by: walkingthedog ()
Date: March 21, 2007 15:22

Fine by me. Must admit I play GITD more than ABB these days.
Wish they would stop doing Stones-by-numbers music. Sorry to
say this, but I think SG was the first LP where they did this.
(Does include 4 very good songs,though.)

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: March 21, 2007 16:29

Just a thought....maybe Mick is cutting demos for a future Stones album? Let's face it, many songs from ABB sounded like Mick had a major hand in the songwriting process, Streets Of Love even sounds like a Jagger solo outtake...

But apart from this wishful thinking, I must admit that although Goddess appears to be a weaker album than Wandering Spirit, it is much more experimental than ABB (which sounds like a remake-remodel of the Stones' well-known formula) at the same time.

Anyway, in case the Stones' songwriting department (Jagger-Richards) is still not doing too well, I'd rather prefer an 'honest' Jagger solo album to a solo album which is just 'disguised' as a Stones effort.

And as long as Jagger still has masterpieces like "Blue" in him, I still believe he is capable to come up with something truly great like the "Wandering Spirit" album. In case his creative partnership with Keith does not work anymore, I can fully understand that Mick is not too keen to come up with possibly 90% of the songs for a Stones album but having to share 50% of the credits and consequently also songwriting royalities with Keith.

Posted by: livewithme ()
Date: March 21, 2007 18:13

I don't track sales but I would assume 50% of the proceeds from a RS album is a lot more than 100% of a MJ solo album
Of course if he could do another Wandering spirit it would be great.
but that is like saying it would be good if the Stones could do another LIB
I am still skeptical about this. I don't know when he would have been making this album. It is not like Mick to rush something out.

Posted by: Duane in Houston ()
Date: March 21, 2007 19:20

I don't mind Mick putting out a solo record IF he didn't hold back his best song-writing from The Stones recordings to do it. Unfortunately ANYTHING he does on a solo effort is something that could have gone on the next Stones record and push it into that next catagory of a "great" record instead of just "OK" or "So-So". So, in that respect I lean towards the idea of Mick's solo work being a "net negative". (I wonder if there's anything on it for the up-coming Scorcese movie?)

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: March 21, 2007 19:23

They're too busy touring, they don't have time to make a new record.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 21, 2007 20:54

Duane in Houston Wrote:
> I don't mind Mick putting out a solo record IF he
> didn't hold back his best song-writing from The
> Stones recordings to do it. Unfortunately ANYTHING
> he does on a solo effort is something that could
> have gone on the next Stones record

it works both ways. Laugh I Nearly Died was a leftover from 'Alfie' and is regarded by many as the best song on ABB. Biggest Mistake and Streets of Love were probably written for that particular project as well.

Similarly, Almost Hear you Sigh was first cut for Keith's Talk Is Cheap album and of course Mick's 'Lonely at the top' was a five-year old Emotional Rescue outtake when he rewrote and recut it.

Not sure if 'anything' he does could go on a Stones record. Theres certainly more of a pop feel to his solo work, and too much of that wouldnt realy be a good thing on a Stones album.

Posted by: bjarke_nl ()
Date: March 21, 2007 22:20

I'm I the only one who thinks it's all good? I'm simple @#$%& gratefull for everything these guys choose to do these days whether it's touring or recording. I'm treasuring every moment I have left in the presence of these wonderful guys!!

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: March 21, 2007 22:21

No, I think it's all good too. Mick wants to work, so that's cool. I'm happy if there is a new release with new songs!

Belgrade-Bucharest-Budapest-Brno

Posted by: cali stones fan ()
Date: March 21, 2007 22:27

Gazza, I thought I heard that all the ABB material was new for the album? LIND, SOL and Biggest Mistake do sound like they could be from Alfie though, but I thought I'd heard otherwise. Are you just speculating or did you hear this somewhere? You are usually right, so I probably just heard wrong.

Posted by: JaggerFan ()
Date: March 21, 2007 22:29

bjarke_nl Wrote:
> I'm I the only one who thinks it's all good? I'm
> simple @#$%& gratefull for everything these guys
> choose to do these days whether it's touring or
> recording. I'm treasuring every moment I have left
> in the presence of these wonderful guys!!

I feel this way too, despite my snot-nosed quips designed to stir few few bee's nests.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1332
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home