Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: OT: New Ian Hunter w/Ringo, Mike Campbell
Posted by: Stonesdude ()
Date: January 21, 2023 17:15

Really good. Thanks for posting

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: January 21, 2023 19:09

Luv it!
Thanks for posting

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: April 22, 2023 06:52

Looks like a full album was released today. I just ordered!

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: April 22, 2023 10:15

An absolutely fabulous Record, listening to this as I got it today.

I hope I get just as excited when the new Stones Album gets out.

This is BRILLIANT !!

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: April 22, 2023 11:50

Already a classic, in my world. And a very nice cover too. Things come easy for him. smiling smiley

Date: April 22, 2023 14:36

Interesting, it appears Taylor Hawkins is featured on several tracks - cool!

Date: April 22, 2023 14:36

Ace album!

Date: April 26, 2023 13:20

I was surprised to learn that the slide part on No Hard Feelings was played by Johnny Depp. I really thought it was Beck – who plays great on perhaps his last recording?

Also, Taylor Hawkins plays a lot of different instruments (guitar included) on Angel. Brad Whitford only plays the slide.

Sensational album. I hope the Stones can deliver something similar quality-wise.

Date: May 4, 2023 22:45

2 Listens so far, eggcellent! Oddly there's a hidden I Hate Hate track, supposedly a different version, but sounds pretty close to the same thing! I love Slash on the Defiance track!

Posted by: HonkyTonkJan ()
Date: May 16, 2023 15:28

This a great album....fantastic guest appearances, particularly in the guitar department. Great songs too, along with Ian's vocals.

Stand-out tracks - Title track - Defiance, Bed of Roses, I Hate Hate, No Hard Feelings, Guernica and Angel (with Waddy Watchel)... that's most of them actually!

Rock til you drop Ian Hunter! Always brilliant live too.

Date: May 16, 2023 15:57

Agree, excellent album, but what I always expect from Ian. From what I understand, Defiance Part II is not far behind!

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: May 16, 2023 22:24

I love--LOVE--Ian Hunter and was glad to see that he was back after cancelling the second part of the "Mott The Hoople '74" reunion tour due to hearing issues.

But frankly, I'm a little let down by this release.

Ian has released a string of amazing albums in the last twenty-five years ago that have contained work that equals or surpasses anything he has ever done.

This one...well, it's OK. I think all the guest stars are a bit of a distraction. And the production seems a little noisy. Sonically, it just sounds cluttered.

I had high expectations, and I'm underwhelmed.

If anyone out there is new to Ian Hunter, I would recommend the albums Man Overboard, Rant, Shrunken Heads, Artful Dodger, When I'm President and Fingers Crossed over this one. (I'm not including the albums he made with Mick Ronson which are all first rate)

And if you want to explore Mott The Hoople, be sure to check out the Rhino compilation Backsliding Fearlessly, which does a fantastic job of putting together the best of their early albums on Island.

Date: May 31, 2023 23:43

Finally I got my vinyl. I love the record, but WTF? There´s no power there. I have to turn my receiver up to 6 or 7 to play it loud. Eurythmics from 1984 sounds better. Not to mention the Rod Stewart albums from the eighties...

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 31, 2023 23:55

Do you have your amp switched to ON ???????

ROCKMAN

Date: June 1, 2023 00:09

Bjorn
Finally I got my vinyl. I love the record, but WTF? There´s no power there. I have to turn my receiver up to 6 or 7 to play it loud. Eurythmics from 1984 sounds better. Not to mention the Rod Stewart albums from the eighties...

There's been lots of complaints about the vinyl release. I have the cd, which sounds great.

Date: June 1, 2023 00:18

Yes. But what do I know - my first NEW LP for over 30 years. But the other one I bought was Bobby Gillespie/Jehnny Beth - Utopian Ashes - and that sounds great. Ian Hunter is playing it low...

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: June 1, 2023 16:31

Bjorn
Yes. But what do I know - my first NEW LP for over 30 years. But the other one I bought was Bobby Gillespie/Jehnny Beth - Utopian Ashes - and that sounds great. Ian Hunter is playing it low...

You may need a phono amp.

Date: June 1, 2023 16:58

Maybe I have to upgrade - an amp with more power. But the one I have is cool - I thought. Lots of buttons - CD, PHONO, TAPE, LINE, TUNER and all of that. If I play Stones A Bigger Bang, on cd, with as much power as I give mr Hunter, I will wake my neighbours. And I live in a house in the country. But seriously - alla my other vinyls are fine. Brickwalled, is a term that many of you use on this site. It´s just not the case when it comes to Ian Hunter´s new album. On vinyl. Well, maybe I have to upgrade. Money... smiling smiley

Date: June 1, 2023 17:31

If the other one sounds great there's no need for an upgrade smiling smiley

Date: June 1, 2023 18:23

Thanks Dandelion. I just let it be at the moment.

Date: June 1, 2023 21:42

Looking forward to Defiance Part II. Loud mastering or not. What is in there? Not every musician peak at 84...Just my opinion.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1976
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home