Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Are these Charlie Watts Sticks ???
Posted by: LesPaul ()
Date: March 13, 2007 01:56

hey there,
a friend got me a charlie watts autograph (on a postcard) from the last tour together with a pair of drumsticks (bearing no signature).
the are quite light and the wood also is very light.
they have a golden imprint writing saying "Q - TIPS 7A" and obviously have not not been used.

Does anyone know if these could be Charlie`s?
Does someone know what brand of sticks he usually uses? (if he sticks to one brand)

THANK YOU

Re: Are these Charlie Watts Sticks ???
Posted by: georgeV ()
Date: March 13, 2007 03:42

The one I have has his autograph engraved in the drumstick in black print. His autograpph is very strange looking.

Posted by: sdstonesguy ()
Date: March 13, 2007 03:50

You can just buy them online for about $7...I think even Amazon.com sell them. Never really understood why folks would buy this stuff (like on ebay)...but they do.

Posted by: sluissie ()
Date: March 13, 2007 11:27

There has been another (much longer) thread about this, with pictures and described differences between Charlie Watts drumsticks and the drumsticks Charlie Watt actually uses. A search for drumsticks will do the trick.

Jelle

Posted by: Tralala ()
Date: March 13, 2007 12:41

Doesn't sound like the ones I got after the Cirkus Krone Show in Munic in 2003. Don't think they're Charlie's. Sorry.

Posted by: poundin pete ()
Date: March 13, 2007 20:08

My lady friend got hit in chest by one of Charlie's sticks at the end of the Austin Zilker Park show. The young lady next to us, picked it up and gave it to her.

It had Charlie's name in black on it

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: March 14, 2007 22:32

He uses Vic Firth drumsticks. Right now, all you can get are just a plain old set with the company name, Charlie's name and autograph, but no graphics/colours other than black.

There have been a couple of other sets or series in recent years, of which I own both. They are more colorful and have graphics, esp the International Series which has not been sold in 2 years but which a few drum stores still have. I can give you the name of one store which still has the International Series if you like or the name of a drumshops website which lists/is a consortium of 30-35 drum shops all over the US.

I can also give you the name of an executive at the Vic Firth company and his e mail address. He personally knows Charlie and mentioned that last fall at the beginning of that leg of the tour, that he sent 120 sets of sticks to Charlie. He's a very nice guy and nice to talk to.

I guess enough for now.

plexiglass

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1540
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home