Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Tour delayed cause of Ronnie?
Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: March 11, 2007 00:03

Just finished reading the Mojo interview with Ronnie.Interesting to read about the events directly after Cologne 2006:"On tour I reached rock bottom".And he proceeds to tell us about the counselling for alcohol and drug abuse that recommenced .Also interesting to read back through the reviews of that show and shows prior to that.Its what we all suspected at the time.

Still I think Ronnie is been harder on himself than most of the critics in our review section.I think back to his last solo tour.And the vast quantity of red wine he was consumming on stage.Yet his playing was still amazing.

But we all love the guy and we know he is probably on his ninth life.And maybe this is a factor in the delay of the tour announcent.He admits in the Mojo interview he has been dry for 3 months.Drug free too.Could it be this is a more important factor in the uncertainty of the tour?

Re: Tour delayed cause of Ronnie?
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 11, 2007 00:10

wouldnt imagine so, as it seems the tour will start in June Ok - its just the announcement thats slow, which is basically due to contracts being negotiated

Anyway - even IF he wasnt in shape, he has 3 months.to take care of the by now obligatory clean-up process that seems to precede every major tour

Didnt read that interview, but it was reported that when they went back to America in the autumn that they had some form of counsellor on board.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 11, 2007 00:29

Here ya go Gazza.....[www.iorr.org]

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Gazza ()

thank you, kind sir!

Posted by: Lorenz ()

I don't think Ronnie is the cause either - but now it's really time for an announcement...
Gazza, you should read that interview, it's really good. Rockman posted it some days ago.

Edit: Rockman was quicker.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-03-11 00:31 by Lorenz.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: March 11, 2007 00:33

If someone could find where the interview was posted, I would love to read it.
Just searched for it online, no luck.

Re: the Rolling Stones
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: March 11, 2007 00:36

Rockman just provided the link, Angee - four posts up from here.

meanwhile, as already noted: the tour hasn't been delayed,
and i see no (0) reason to pin the long wait for an announcement on Ronnie.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-03-11 00:42 by with sssoul.

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: March 11, 2007 02:00

Ronnie is the problem, that's what I heard from someone who works for Live Nation.

Posted by: mrrockandroll ()
Date: March 11, 2007 16:59

In the MOJO Interview Ronnie said he has been DRUG free for 3 months; I didn't know he was still doing drugs???? And what drugs was he doing???

Posted by: jeroen starink ()
Date: March 11, 2007 17:09

SEX

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1198
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home