Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: FYI- Brad Delp from band Boston dead
Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: March 11, 2007 04:20

...all I can say is, they close the elementary schools here in NC the day after the ACC tournament...since so many of the parents and students are still nursing serious hangovers....I should qualify that by saying all of the schools gymnasiums are open 24/7 for any wayward student who wants to shoot hoops....hell, that's where my 42 year old cousin goes to pick up "chicks." That's where he met his first two wives, both in sixth grade and both shooting hoops...once in 1999 and the other just last year....hey, who likes moonshine?

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: March 11, 2007 04:21

friggin' hillbillies

Date: March 11, 2007 04:24

don't knock it till you've lost a tooth or two living it, Mr. (or is it Ms.?) boston2006

Date: March 11, 2007 04:24

chuggin moonshine ?

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: March 11, 2007 04:25

So how many teams does the state of North Carolina have in the NCAA tournament so far Lukester. 10-15

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Date: March 11, 2007 04:26

"chuggin'" as you put it, or just sipping.....I usually don't "chug" unless I'm in a hurry......what? you got a problem with that?

Date: March 11, 2007 04:29

Hey Jethro , lay off the "shine " for a while and think about what ya'll is sayin '

Date: March 11, 2007 04:36

sweetcharmer....we usually send a bunch of schools to the big dance.......as for your answer, let me say I have no freekin' clue how many.....let me also say I am 6' 4" and I was teased as a child for being a "freekin' midget".......they teach us basketball before we learn how to finger paint.........I had a buddy in junior high that was so good at basketball the school board voted to blindfold him during regulation games just to make it fair for the opponents........he could have gone on to Duke where he had a scholarship lined up but his dad needed him in the tobacco fields....he's doing all right these days.........last week he helped tow me out of a ditch.......nice guy......he doesn't like to talk about the blindfold.

Date: March 11, 2007 04:39

Thanks Lukester. So basketball is really a religion there then. Well they'll be goin nuts tomorrow. Like Elmo said, too bad it isn't in Charlotte though.

Date: March 11, 2007 04:44

"religion"...way of life..........whatever......hey, I can spin a basketball on my index finger for days.............but there's no money in it..........

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-03-11 20:11 by Lukester.

Date: March 11, 2007 04:46

I think I'll pass bro.

Date: March 11, 2007 04:51

yeah I saw Boston in 1978

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-03-11 20:12 by Lukester.

Date: March 11, 2007 05:00

Elmo Lewis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Remember, Lukester is from NC - they're having a
> serious crisis up there now due to the state of
> the Duke basketball team. L is doing his part by
> raising hell (they're the Devils, right?) and
> sipping the local moonshine!
>

THIS JUST IN:.......the Duke Men's Lacrosse team has agreed to play in the first round of the NCAA basketball tournament....coach Mike Kryschevski has already met with the captain of the lacrosse team and they've agreed in principal to a basketball deal and an after game party location, stripper, and caterer.............I'll see you there.

Date: March 11, 2007 05:04

Hey Lukester. Have another hit of moonshine then try and spell the name of Duke's basketball coach again.smiling smiley

Date: March 11, 2007 05:05

son of a bitch....that was a one time spelling....you knew that didn't you?

Date: March 11, 2007 05:08

Hey I woulda tried. But I'm on a low budget tonight. Instead of Heineken and Patron,I'm drinking bud light and Jose Cuervo. Might as well be drinkin moonshine.sad smiley

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: March 11, 2007 05:13

Posted by: Neil F ()
Date: March 11, 2007 07:14

Boston hit my senior year of high school and I agree it was a breath of fresh air compared to what else was going on. My current complaint is the amount of airplay they get on classic rock stations. They are tiny blip on the whole rock scene but every four hours you'll hear them on a classic rock station. Brad Delp slapped me five at their show in Syracuse in 1978 or 1979. It was open floor and during Sammy Hagar I had worked my way to the second row of people. Didn't want to lose my spot so never hit the bathroom during the show. Had to walk back to campus and it took way too long to find a sheltered place to piss on the way back...some of the worse pain I ever experienced. Saw them again in 2005 and Tom Scholz had the same "organ" he used in the seventies. Some great music, sorry to read of his demise. It appears from the obits that everyone in the music business really liked him.

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: March 11, 2007 19:26

Elmo Lewis Wrote:
>>
> BTW, is the Beach Boys stuff from the session(s)
> that produced the "Party" LP? Sounds kinda like
> it. Refer to "Barbara Ann" and "Ruby, Ruby".

yep, thats the one. & Its from the outtakes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-03-11 19:27 by ryanpow.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: March 11, 2007 20:52

Lukester, now ya see why we just use Coach K.

Too many consants, not enough vowels.

Date: March 12, 2007 02:01

Elmo Lewis Wrote:
> Lukester, now ya see why we just use Coach K.
>
> Too many consants, not enough vowels.

Just for the record,Lukester. It's Kryzewski and Elmo,I don't even know what you were trying to spell. But I agree he needs some vowels.................stand by for the SCL Final Four thread.

Posted by: danielb ()
Date: March 12, 2007 15:16

A sad goodbye to one of the most soaring and signature and voices in rock history. The tandem of Delp and Scholz really caught lightning in a bottle, and were as perfect a pairing as some of rock majestry (Jagger/Richards, Page/Plant, Mercury/May).

A profound sadness is felt from those who grew up with Brad's voice defining their childhood.

Our thoughts are with the Delp family and his friends and bandmates during this difficult time. They should seek solace in the fact that he has influenced the lives of so many.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-03-12 15:21 by danielb.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: March 12, 2007 15:34

Good post, danielb.

Posted by: rlngstns ()
Date: March 12, 2007 16:02

RIP

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1232
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home