Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Rod
Posted by: tippy2toes ()
Date: March 2, 2007 19:14

Has anyone seen Rod on this tour, what should we expect? I'm going in a weeks time.

Re: Rod
Posted by: ablett ()
Date: March 2, 2007 19:15

Maggie may

Posted by: soundcheck ()
Date: March 2, 2007 19:45

rod who????

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: March 2, 2007 19:48

Rod Argent?

Date: March 2, 2007 20:09

You should expect a good show. Although there was no Stay with Me or Ohh La La I enjoyed it. He played 4 tunes off his new disc. A couple of 80s tunes I could have done without, however, I Know I m Losing You @ I don t Want to Talk About It made up for it. By the way, he did play Maggie May. LOL!!!!!!!!

Posted by: aslecs ()
Date: March 2, 2007 20:17

BORINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: reg thorpe ()
Date: March 2, 2007 21:02

rod the mod

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: March 3, 2007 01:40

Go see him. Always a great show. Expect a tight hired band - don't expect The Faces.

Posted by: Forty Niks ()
Date: March 3, 2007 10:03

tippy2toes Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Has anyone seen Rod on this tour, what should we
> expect? I'm going in a weeks time.

does that mean you're going to portland? i sure am; i'll be back stage, as well!

Posted by: chippy ()
Date: March 3, 2007 19:08

aka " Da Rodfather "
just played in my area ,i didn't go but all papers gave very good reviews , it was an " in da round show " or stage in middle of arena type

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: March 3, 2007 20:03

he'll be in chicago tonight. i'm going to pull my trick where i get a last minute ticket for $10 - looks like i'm going by myself. others laugh at me.

Posted by: cirrhosis ()
Date: March 3, 2007 20:11

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-12-29 21:30 by cirrhosis.

Date: March 3, 2007 20:17

for shows where i don't mind if i end up not going, i'll go down to the show about 5 minutes before the show starts (somewhere around 9pm) and find the lonely scalpers who still have tickets for sale. they're desperate for anything and will take $10 (sometimes i offer $15). i saw U2, david bowie, simon and garfunkle, the who, and REM this way in recent years.

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: March 3, 2007 20:25

Plays 2 sets with Intermission. Reviews have been mixed, mostly that his voice is shot. Vegas type stage show with backup singers, wardrobe changes, large screens, etc. We wanted to go, but, not at $115 a ticket and too cold to deal with scalpers outside.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: March 3, 2007 20:32

little queenie Wrote:
> he'll be in chicago tonight. i'm going to pull my
> trick where i get a last minute ticket for $10 -
> looks like i'm going by myself. others laugh at
> me.

Rod is great, you'll enjoy him. I'm going to be sauntering down to Twick Stadium on 30th June with a view to doing exactly the same. Did that for the Eagles last summer and got 4th row FOS centre block for face value about an hour before the show started. Works pretty much every time.

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: March 3, 2007 22:11

Don't waste your money on seeing Rod Stewart on this tour. Why not watch him instead at his best when he was a member of one the all time great bands The Faces via VH1 Classic BBC Crown Jewels segment. I saw this video last week and recorded it to my dvr. This is a fantastic show of the Faces around 1971? that I had seen clips of before, but never the whole show. The video editing leaves something to be desired, but that was the way they did it back then. I tried copying to my dvd reorder/player, but failed first time around. Anyway, Stones and Faces fans need to check this out and save your money when it comes to Rod these days. Oh how the mighty have fallen...

Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: March 3, 2007 22:32

hope you have a seat outside the arena, because Rod Stewart performs on this tour on a f*ck roundstage. I hate this kind of stage so much, that I can't describe my anti-feelings in words for that. You will see not so much from him, when you must sit or stand close to the stage.

Date: March 3, 2007 22:35

filstan, that BBC show is GREAT! But still think one should go see Rod when given the chance.

Posted by: tippy2toes ()
Date: March 3, 2007 22:38

PaulywaudI will still be going. Should be a great show, much better live than watching a dvd that's for sure. So are you in England? Hope he had a better selection of shirts than the Stones did.

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: March 4, 2007 00:37

Sorry Elmo Lewis, but this guy sold out his rock and roll soul decades ago. I love the old Faces stuff though and his solo albums through 1975. I play this material often and it still sounds vibrant. The new crooner stuff is really lame IMHO.

Posted by: FrankM ()
Date: March 4, 2007 03:02

little queenie Wrote:
> he'll be in chicago tonight. i'm going to pull my
> trick where i get a last minute ticket for $10 -
> looks like i'm going by myself. others laugh at
> me.

If you get to see good concerts for ten bucks I guess it is you who has the last laugh.

In regards to this thread I don't think he is too old to put on a good show but you have to wonder what kind of songs you will hear with all those oldies cds he came out with.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: March 4, 2007 03:09

edited of course

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-03-04 03:13 by Erik_Snow.

Date: March 4, 2007 04:49

well, i f'ed up - assumed it would start at 9pm. it turns out there's no opening band so he went on at 8pm and i'm still at home (it's now 8:45). i assume the scalpers are all gone home so i guess i'll go to a party instead. i'm kind of bummed. a nice stones tour annoucement would cheer me up...

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: March 4, 2007 05:36

That's a pisser Queenie. I was looking forward to a review. But if you live in Chicago than I'm sure you get your choice of plenty of high profile shows. Another one will be along soon I'm sure.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Date: March 4, 2007 06:09

i'm pretty much out of the loop these days - i've got a one track mind for the most part. a client dragged me through a blizzard last night to see the goo goo dolls - they were just as boring as i expected. and i saw incubus about a month ago - had to fight just to stay on my feet. i'm just waiting for the summer....

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: March 4, 2007 06:13

little queenie Wrote:
> i'm pretty much out of the loop these days - i've
> got a one track mind for the most part. a client
> dragged me through a blizzard last night to see
> the goo goo dolls - they were just as boring as i
> expected. and i saw incubus about a month ago -
> had to fight just to stay on my feet. i'm just
> waiting for the summer....

Hang in there LQ. The boys 'll be seeing you soon. I'm sure.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Date: March 5, 2007 03:13

lq, watch yo' mail.

Date: March 5, 2007 06:02

thanks elmo! i need a little break and something new to entertain me.

maybe i should drive to milwaukee next month to last a last minute $10 rod ticket since i missed the show in chicago last night...that would be a little nutty...

Posted by: cirrhosis ()
Date: March 5, 2007 06:55

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-12-29 21:30 by cirrhosis.

Date: March 5, 2007 07:35

thanks - good to know, but i hate moustaches...

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2265
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home