Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5
Re: The Stones' live-sound is boring these days
Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: March 9, 2007 19:51

I think we could all benefit from a little criticism once in a while, it keeps you humble. I definitely feel anyone who wants to voice their opinion should be allowed to do so. I agree the Stones get lazy from time to time. Look at just how long they've been going at it. You probably would too. There are also nights they are dead on, although it's fewer & farther between anymore. O.K. now feel free to rip me a new one, I'm sure there are those of you who feel I deserve it too!

Posted by: JaggerFan ()
Date: March 9, 2007 21:05

There's just some people who are stubborn. Some people would cry in joy if Keith walked onstage and rubbed his ass with his guitar for forty minutes while horking in a bucket.

... I just wish they'd use more than "Oh YEAH??? What gig did YOU see???" as a counter-opint.

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: March 9, 2007 22:12

JaggerFan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> There's just some people who are stubborn. Some
> people would cry in joy if Keith walked onstage
> and rubbed his ass with his guitar for forty
> minutes while horking in a bucket.
>
> ... I just wish they'd use more than "Oh YEAH???
> What gig did YOU see???" as a counter-opint.

when they do you just chatter on with the same ol' rant anyway, have u noticed?
probably not i'm guessin'...you've been approached easily, respectfully and fairly but keep on chatterin' with the same points over and over...
with absolute certainty...like you were about the non-existent moog on jjf on another thread...you're entitled to a mistake...i make 'em all the time...
but you had to insist in your 'truth' that was untrue for several go around like a stubborn critter anyway...you were treated very gently and respectfully there even tho your own live sound on this site is kind of boring these days...
imho.

as in your 17 or so posts so far on this thread, you've been all over the map, and quite haughty about it on several occcasions.
you been here less than two months and think you've got all the many thousands who visit and/or post here all done figgered, as to their relative critiques and feelings? you could start with the diversity of opinion on this very thread, other than your drilling and re-drilling your points and faux-justifications into the ground...

heres's just one of many of your provacative gems here:
"The denyers will say anything to hold on to the dream of immortality."

name calling, frightened generalizations while openly stating that anyone who disagrees with you is in a "deniers" category is off kilter and lame imo...the 'point' dosen't even matter at this point......you have obfuscated any contentions with so much virulent emotion and repitition imo...it's good you're passionate about your opinions...i guess...

you had a great time in 2005 because you were at a 'stones concert'
you spent a fortune to get "bored"??
and the reason why your opinion matters more than all the others you discredit is?
not waiting for the answser...u done burned me out on this thread...even on some general approaches that i personally find fair criticism and even find some commonality with some of your stated opinions; (points which have been made ad infintum on IORR before you got here, and certainly since...btw)

...i had remarked in an earlier post that some of your observations were, for me, interesting and accurate and that i appreciated your attempts to communicate your feelings, some of which i agree with...but i find most of the subsequent stuff more and more of the same, with 'tude...tho i will visit for others views here.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-03-09 22:23 by Beelyboy.

Posted by: Anderson ()
Date: March 10, 2007 16:50

Right, Charlie doesn't make sloppy mistakes, true. Though he, used to way back, and more often than not, in a cool and exiting way.

I went to the ABB Bergen concert. And I've listened to the Rio, Glasgow and another boot, which more or less tell the same story. As does many of the Licks ones. Non is bad though, I just mean that the Stones' sloppiness doesn't fit the perfect rest, like it did with a more stripped down and less perfect backing group of people. Today's type of back up, fitted great in 1989 - 90, when Keith and Ron were at their least sloppy, mind.

Jaggerfan:
Where were we when you needed us? I am here almost every day, but new to this thread yesterday. But the debate didn't seem to be over, so :-)

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: March 10, 2007 16:54

The Stonessound is very attractive to me, but I keep on expecting them playing more than just a greatest hits show. Setlistchanges keep the whole thing exciting, for them and for us. The greatest band simply has to live with the greatest expectations. They have to deliver more than an "autopilot show"!

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1462
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home