Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Music producer Rick Rubin in talks to co-chair Columbia Music
Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: February 6, 2007 16:13

Rick Rubin headed to Columbia: sources By Brian Garrity
Mon Feb 5, 7:18 PM ET

Columbia Records is in talks with leading record producer Rick Rubin -- whose clients have included Johnny Cash, Mick Jagger and Jay-Z -- to take the role of co-chairman of the label, sources confirm.

Rubin, nominated for Grammys this year for his work with the Red Hot Chili Peppers and the Dixie Chicks, currently heads up his own imprint, American Recordings, which is distributed by Warner Music Group under the Warner Bros. Records umbrella.

In the past two years, he has enjoyed major success producing albums for Columbia artists Neil Diamond and System of a Down.

Rubin just moved American, which is home to Cash and Tom Petty, to Warner a year ago. There's no word yet as to whether Warner will move to block a Rubin move to Columbia or if American will come with him or stay put. Rubin reportedly has another three years left on his existing agreement with WMG.

Sony Music executives declined comment. WMG did not return calls.

As part of the move, existing Columbia chairman Steve Barnet, who guided the label to a No. 1 ranking in 2006 current market share, according to Nielsen SoundScan, is expected to get a title bump but lose at least some creative control.

Reuters/Billboard

Re: Music producer Rick Rubin in talks to co-chair Columbia Music
Posted by: Jack Knife ()
Date: February 7, 2007 05:23

Maybe the Stones will go BACK to Columbia and Rubin will produce their albums.

They would definitely then have a late-career renaissance, no question about it (but, Mick, no matter what you do, neither you nor the Rolling Stones will EVER have another hit single. So don't try. No more "Anybody Seen My Baby"'s, no more "Streets Of Loves"'s. Let that go and just do what you and the Rolling Stones do best--rock, reggae, country and blues. And let Ronnie have a hand at writing again. You know--he just might have some new ideas.).

Re: Music producer Rick Rubin in talks to co-chair Columbia Music
Posted by: Stoneswolf ()
Date: February 7, 2007 09:15

Jack Knife Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> neither you nor the Rolling
> Stones will EVER have another hit single. So
> don't try. No more "Anybody Seen My Baby"'s, no
> more "Streets Of Loves"'s.

SOL was #1 in Spain (no, I don't know why)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1202
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home