Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

My Fantasy Rolling Stones Tour
Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: February 4, 2007 04:09

Allright,bear with me people. This is actually I've been kicking around in this big empty head of mine for a couple of years. It's fantasy,in that it won't happen. But I still tried to make it realistic enough to where it COULD happen. OK,here goes:

They play 10 cities in North America and 10 cities in Europe. 5 shows in each city. All at a venue under 5000 people. Since they can't do back to back shows. The schedule would work like this. Tue-Thu-Sat-Wed-Fri in each city. Ticket prices would be $500 per show for the first 3 shows. The 4th show in each city would be $1000. This will be charity night. You get a corporate sponser to match ticket recepits and you donate all the money to a local charity in that city. The 5th show in each city would be a free show. Fans going that show get a free t-shirt and recording of the show. Next,they promise to play 20 songs a night. Completely different set lists every night. The fans going to the 4th night charity show get to choose that night's set list. Of course the stones reserve the right to the final night's set list. You figure out a way so that people could only get tickets to 1 night out of the five,so you can get as many people as possible in. So the free show on the 5th goes to whoever did not get tickets to the other shows. Also the final show in each city could be broadcast on radio or on PPV TV.

The name of the tour: "The Giving it back to the people Tour"

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Re: My Fantasy Rolling Stones Tour
Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: February 4, 2007 04:36

I've been kicking this around in my head for the time it took to read the title and a bit of the topic description. They play my backyard for 3 1/2 hours (1/2 intermission) and use my set list. We have a big BBQ to go along with it. They are only allowed to play 4 warhorses of their choosing. MISS YOU, BEAST OF BURDEN, and TUMBLING DICE are not permitted. Keith only does one song (HAPPY is not permitted). Mick is ordered to "check his ego at the gate/door" and be friendly with the audience - no Jag - I'm-jetset-and-only-hang-with-Karl-Lagerfield- 'tude. That's it, that's the tour. Next day we hit Micks place in Mustique were they repeat the show at the end of the 7 day stay for Pay Per View/DVD.

"HelterSkelter Tour - 2007" - LOS ANGELES/MUSTIQUE - don't miss it !!

Tickets $150.00 each. $10 for each "inner circle" band member = $40.00 total, $10 for The crew/back up band members = $50.00 so far. $99.99 for HelterSkelter = 149.99 So Far, 1 cent for Michael Cohl = $150.00 TOTAL - Hey Michael, don't spend it all in one place - hehehe.........

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-02-04 14:02 by HelterSkelter.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: February 4, 2007 04:48

I would believe that Mick's lack of control over setlists would kill the idea right away.

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: February 4, 2007 04:55

lack of incoming $ would kill it instantly.

Date: February 4, 2007 06:19

Ok the whole idea was to make it somewhat realsitic. No the stones are not going to play my backyard. Maybe I dreamed up this concept after one too many hits off my new glass pipe. But hey,give me some credit for creative (just my)Imagination.

Date: February 4, 2007 13:27

Oh, I'm not putting down the idea at all. This is just MY idea of a Stones fantasy "tour". Not that they're EXACTLY on the same level but MELLENCAMP played a backyard BBQ for a VH-1 contest winner years ago (maybe about 10 years back) and around the time of AROUND THE WORLD IN A DAY/UNDER THE CHERRY MOON(?) PRINCE played at a very crappy Holiday Inn in the middle of No Where, Wyoming for an MTV contest winner (I think METALLICA did something like this also, can't recall the details cause I'm not really a fan) so it's not unheard of. In fact, just about half a year ago I read that ROBERT PLANT did an unannounced club/bar show in 29 PALMS, California. Now 29 Palms (besides being the name of one of his better solo songs) is a tiny town out in the desert less than an hour from PALM SPRINGS/JOSHUA TREE - NOBODY lives there except for a few "desert rat" type people. From the few photo's I saw there was less then 100 people there. So this stuff is not unheard of. IMHO it's about time for the Stones to do something "off the wall" again. The NYC flatbed truck BROWN SUGAR gig was way back in 1975 and since then U2 have done a MUCH BETTER variation on it by driving all around New York playing. It's only R 'n' R and the Stones need to stop taking it so seriously. BTW SCL, love your Bruce quote at the bottom, a great choice, one of my favs - TUNNEL OF LOVE.....

Posted by: jomo297 ()
Date: February 4, 2007 13:37

My problem with your scenario is that if the Stones are playing 5 nights in a town I better be able to get into 5 shows.

I'm also a fan of the Bruce quote. A good song on a somewhat underappreciated album.

Date: February 4, 2007 19:34

I like my idea a bit better though.... Mustique would be interesting to check out

Date: February 4, 2007 19:56

Yeah your right HS. It would be cool for the Stones to do something off the wall. Just show up somewhere and play an unannounced gig. I do remember Mellancamp doing the backyard show.

Jomo and Helter,glad you guys like my signature. I always thought that was a great line and one my favorite songs ever. I also think it is underrated album. I like it a lot.

Re: another fantasy
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: February 6, 2007 19:17

mercy: i find the notion of the audience dictating the set list utterly unappealing in about 17 ways at once -
primarily: what do most people know about putting together a set list that feels good to play,
flows well and/or otherwise works at all?? so (while pondering your fantasy) i said no no NO,
let the Stones decide the set lists, and if the audience has to have a say in it,
let 'em vote on which of four sets they prefer. but then since i hate spoiling the surprise element,
the vote would have to be four unseen set lists ... hey, did someone say four?!? that rings a bell! :E
okay so if you knew each of the Stones had planned one of the four sets there are to choose from,
which one would you vote for? (if you wanna say why/what you'd expect, that's cool too!)

oh and don't worry - in my scheme you can go to all the shows you want, as long as you love it enough. :E

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: February 6, 2007 19:31

It's 1978 and I'm 17 again (with a fake ID).

Posted by: s-asla ()
Date: February 6, 2007 22:13

My Fantasy Rolling Stones Tour came true at Stockholm Cirkus July 2003!

Date: February 7, 2007 04:47

with sssoul Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> mercy: i find the notion of the audience dictating
> the set list utterly unappealing in about 17 ways
> at once -
> primarily: what do most people know about putting
> together a set list that feels good to play,
> flows well and/or otherwise works at all?? so
> (while pondering your fantasy) i said no no NO,
> let the Stones decide the set lists, and if the
> audience has to have a say in it,
> let 'em vote on which of four sets they prefer.
> but then since i hate spoiling the surprise
> element,
> the vote would have to be four unseen set lists
> ... hey, did someone say four?!? that rings a
> bell! :E
> okay so if you knew each of the Stones had planned
> one of the four sets there are to choose from,
> which one would you vote for? (if you wanna say
> why/what you'd expect, that's cool too!)
>
> oh and don't worry - in my scheme you can go to
> all the shows you want, as long as you love it
> enough. :E

Ok first of all. Why not let the fans pick just 1 setlist out of 5 shows. I have seen a lot of fans fantasy setlists and I have read every Stones setlist from the last 10 years. I will take a fans setlist over the Stones anyday. Next I put in the provision to get tickets for just 1 show so that your fellow stones fans may have a chance to get tickets as well.

Posted by: KWhinos ()
Date: February 7, 2007 05:22

with sssoul Wrote:

> okay so if you knew each of the Stones had planned
> one of the four sets there are to choose from,
> which one would you vote for? (if you wanna say
> why/what you'd expect, that's cool too!)

Id Go with either Kieth or Charlie.

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: February 7, 2007 08:44

s-asla Wrote:
> My Fantasy Rolling Stones Tour came true at
> Stockholm Cirkus July 2003!

i just re-lived the pushing and shoving of that cirkus show tonight at the incubus show in chicago. the only difference: i stayed put in stockholm - tonight, i moved out the center and off to the side.

it was hard for me to completely enjoy the circus show because of the pushing.

although i enjoyed tonight's show after i moved out of the pit, i walked out of the feeling unsatisfied. i've never felt that way after a shows show. i'm always on cloud 9.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: February 7, 2007 10:03

>> Ok first of all. Why not let the fans pick just 1 setlist out of 5 shows. <<

LoFL: because it's not gonna happen anyway! you're free to enjoy your fantasy - i don't have to, right?
i don't like dictating to musicians what to play - even if i hire a band to play at a party or something,
i want 'em to play what they feel good playing. and i don't like the concept of people dictating to the Stones, period.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1680
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home