Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

alfie soundtrack
Posted by: farawayeyes2 ()
Date: February 3, 2007 19:30

hi guys
just saw for my very first time alfie, and all those mick songs made me want to take my car and go to my record store to get the soundtrack! before i spend 20 euros i wanna know it's worth it! is it good? there are any instrumentals or are all real songs? thank ya!

Re: alfie soundtrack
Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: February 3, 2007 19:40

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2007-02-03 20:09 by His Majesty.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: February 3, 2007 20:01

Old Habits Die Hard and The Blind Leading the Blind are worthy Mick solo songs. Let's Make It Up is a bit like some of the Goddess in the Doorway filler. Lonely Without You is an inferior rewrite of Merry Christmas, Baby. The rest is instrumental fluff with one hideous rap song. You get two different versions of The Blind Leading the Blind. The acoustic version is better than the electric arrangement. Old Habits Die Hard comes as Mick solo, an overdubbed version that passes for a duet with Sheryl Crow, a brief reprise, and an instrumental orchestral arrangement retitled Counting the Days.

Posted by: IgotDbluez ()
Date: February 3, 2007 20:01

I downloaded "Lonely Christmas (Without You)" from iTunes so I could have Mick on a Christmas mix.....Joss Stone sings with him.

Don't know about the rest of the album though - maybe listen to some sneak peaks at amazon.com?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-02-03 20:01 by IgotDbluez.

Posted by: kait ()
Date: February 3, 2007 20:08

if you have the chance to get it cheaper - take it!
20 euro is a little bit expensive, imo

Posted by: Stoneswolf ()
Date: February 3, 2007 20:17

the US version has Mick + Sheryl Crow on OHDH as bonustrack

Posted by: Monkeylad ()
Date: February 3, 2007 20:50

I enjoy this soundtrack. Never saw the film so I have no idea how the songs are used in it.

In case some folks have forgotten, or never knew it to begin with, Mick & Dave Stewart won a Golden Globe for their song, Old Habits Die Hard. The song didn't even make it to the nomination circle for the Oscars. Kind of like what Prince experienced this year, winning for the song he wrote for Happy Feet, and then getting shut out of the Oscar nominations.

Posted by: button_your_lip ()
Date: February 3, 2007 20:53

Monkey__heres a clip

Posted by: farawayeyes2 ()
Date: February 3, 2007 21:37

thank ya guyz. i'll try to get it cheaper..monkeylad take a look at that movie, it's not band at all, and sienna miller is on it, she's so hot!

Posted by: Monkeylad ()
Date: February 3, 2007 21:42

Thanks for the tip, Faraway. Jude Law is more my type.

Posted by: Raoul Duke ()
Date: February 3, 2007 22:11

I bought it, but hardly ever listen to any of it except for Old Habits Die Hard and the live studio version of Blind Leading the Blind. I am not regretting I bought it, but I would suggest downloading the two songs from iTunes as a more economically sound choice (if they're available, that is).

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: February 3, 2007 22:28

The Christmas song with JOss Stone is also available in a Victoria's Secret set.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1916
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home