Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 5 of 9
Re: The Official Super Bowl Thread
Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: February 5, 2007 09:36

sad night here in chicago - big blow to the big ego. it looked good early on. maybe it's for the best. i missed the half-time show.

Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: February 5, 2007 09:37

EXACTLY Beely, that's what I meant (you are amazing my friend - TOTAL TALENT !!) PS Print this one out !! It's a keeper.... Man, I see it now (and I kid you not) A book called "Notes on Life and Music" ....you better start printing before cyber space eats it all up... We'll talk about this soon - I'M SERIOUS !!!

Date: February 5, 2007 09:44

Aww, Queenie, I feel so bad....I was all for Chicago (see page 4 for total proof) You know, If you were here I'd give you a little luv-bug-hug and then pat you on your pretty brown hair....all silky and long..... and then I'd hold you in my arms while you wept for your team of warriors...they tried but it just wasn't to be....tonight just wasn't their night.....and then you'd take of your.... oh wait, there's someone at the door........

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: February 5, 2007 09:47

yeh queenie it looked the bears were gonna wrap it up early...
those interceptions made the difference i guess?
u can't turn over that many times in a bowl game and take it i suppose.
obviously chi was favored...must be tough to host and then to have to yield...

what do you think went wrong for chicago today? offensive errors?
sure was dramatic with all that snow and rain...chi defense was playing extra hard in the 2nd half but...it must have been frustrating as hell for chi defense today too...
here's condolences from seahawk land, where we blew the crazy, and mostly (ha) unearned, wildcard opportunity
giving us false hope for a second there. u have my empathy.

Posted by: stonesfrk ()
Date: February 5, 2007 09:48

HelterSkelter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> OK, OK, relax..... your next door neighbor? Come
> see my next door neighbor and he'll teach you a
> thing or 2 about how to BBQ..... just relax man,
> Peace out..... I'll even check out Pete's song,
> how's that? See, I'm all about peace ...and love
> (as long as the ticket prices are fair).....

Well not right next door,but i can walk there,but i've known him since we were 15. Yea his song is actually hypocrocies,you can listen to it,i have'nt seen his web site in about a year look's pretty good?

Date: February 5, 2007 09:59

Alright Stonesfrk, sounds like a plan.... I'm just a bit distracted cause I hate to see Queenie in pain - her pain is my pain (kind of) - plus Jagger's in town working with Scorsese on their film and she may want to know where he's at - she had a special new years wish for 2007....

Date: February 5, 2007 10:02

HelterSkelter Wrote:
> Alright Stonesfrk, sounds like a plan.... I'm just
> a bit distracted cause I hate to see Queenie in
> pain - her pain is my pain (kind of) - plus
> Jagger's in town working with Scorsese on their
> film and she may want to know where he's at - she
> had a special new years wish for 2007....

I wish i would of known, Last week, i'm flamming right now. i know somebody at central too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-02-05 10:04 by stonesfrk.

Date: February 5, 2007 10:09

I'm sure it's still going on, all that stuff takes forever - take it from an ex film student/toe dipper...they NEVER finish (and this one sounds especially critical, must have a lot of cash sunk into it with Scorsese and The Stones involved. They can play around forever - tweaking - if the money is there)... Jagger must be prowling all over the clubs as usual.....

Posted by: it's_all_wrong ()
Date: February 5, 2007 10:14

I really wasn't rooting for anybody, but The Bears played like shit, you have to admit that. And the Colts were excellent. They intercepted so many Bears passes.

Date: February 5, 2007 10:16

> HelterSkelter Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Alright Stonesfrk, sounds like a plan.... I'm
> just
> > a bit distracted cause I hate to see Queenie in
> > pain - her pain is my pain (kind of) - plus
> > Jagger's in town working with Scorsese on their
> > film and she may want to know where he's at -
> she
> > had a special new years wish for 2007....

thanks, HS...think mick's in LA right now? i get the impression it's for audience overdub - is that important enough for mick to be directly involved?

beely - i don't know what happened with the bears - to be honest, i've just jumped on the bandwagon recently and i had a lot of stuff to do today so didn't focus on it 100% - ended up at a superbowl party during the 4th quarter - i blame myself.

stonesfrk Wrote:
> I wish i would of known, Last week, i'm flamming
> right now. i know somebody at central too.

flamming? central? what's all this??

Date: February 5, 2007 10:25

Aww, I hear the click clack of Queenie's shoes on the stairs.....
Yes my dear, I think if they're working on the film they're working on it 100%, the crowd thing is just a little part. I'm sure Scorsese is involved and this is all part of the editing process. AND you know how hands on Mick is with this kinda stuff. Plus he likes the warm weather VS England/France... wasn't he JUST in India? Where did I see that? You know where he stays in LA.....

Date: February 5, 2007 10:30

Queenie, That article say's central casting you know it's a casting agency for extra's in LA. just like Cenex.

Date: February 5, 2007 10:32

HelterSkelter Wrote:
wasn't he JUST in India?
> Where did I see that?

at a cricket buddy's wedding...

You know where he stays in
> LA.....

his brain in one place - body in another? the 4 seasons? doesn't he have a place there?

Date: February 5, 2007 10:33

stonesfrk, she has "ways", she gets into everything.......

BTW Queenie, are you a Vegi or a Vegan? I gotts ta know....

Date: February 5, 2007 10:51

stonesfrk Wrote:
> Queenie, That article say's central casting you
> know it's a casting agency for extra's in LA. just
> like Cenex.

thanks. yes, let us know what your contact says about it...

HelterSkelter Wrote:

BTW Queenie, are you a Vegi or a Vegan? I gotts ta know...

HS - i am a little of both. i was a good vegan many years ago but doritos were my downfall (and soycheese that wasn't totally vegan). i don't eat eggs (the industry is as bad as the veal industry) and only sometimes eat dairy when out (usually if not given a choice).

Posted by: 1cdog ()
Date: February 5, 2007 13:28

Colts should have doubled the score the way they dominated the game.

Probably 5 or 6 AFC teams could have beaten Chicago.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: February 5, 2007 14:18

little queenie Wrote:
...think mick's in LA right now? i get
> the impression it's for audience overdub - is that
> important enough for mick to be directly
> involved?

Perhaps yes, especially since the Rocks Off screwup on the Live Licks CD.

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: February 5, 2007 14:42

As far as prince goes I think helter convinced me. I mean I love artists that do EXACTLY the opposite of what they are xpected to. I just didn't GET why Prince picked a damn FOOFIGHTER song of all things...And the only reason I think Prince was not very good was that the sound is always terible in those deals. And he is a waaay better guityarrist than he showed last night. That was in no way creative guitar playing. That is just silly to say that.

"...no longer shall you trudge 'cross my peaceful mind."

Posted by: CrazyDadda ()
Date: February 5, 2007 16:38

From The New York Times:

February 5, 2007
Music Review
A Noncontroversial Prince, Just the Way the N.F.L. Likes Him
By KELEFA SANNEH

A brief concert in the middle of the Super Bowl, on a temporary stage, designed to thrill a captive audience with nothing in common except a love of sport or spectacle, or both. How could that ever be a good idea? Then, just when it seemed time to give up on that quaint ritual known as the halftime show, along comes Prince.

His performance last night at Super Bowl XLI will surely go down as one of the most thrilling halftime shows ever; certainly the most unpredictable, and perhaps the best. “Dearly beloved,” he whispered, intoning the famous first words of “Let’s Go Crazy.”

What followed was a dizzying demonstration. He navigated a smooth course through a jumbled-up set built from bits and pieces, hits and covers. “Let’s Go Crazy” ended with an ad-libbed call-and-response, after which Prince was joined by a marching band.

Soon came “Proud Mary” by Creedence Clearwater Revival. That gave way to a piece of Bob Dylan’s “All Along the Watchtower,” which melted into “Best of You,” the 2005 hit by the Foo Fighters. He ended the medley by modifying a favorite line from the Foo Fighters’ song: “I’ve got another confession, my friend/I ain’t no fool.”

Somehow, it all made sense, or maybe it made something better than sense. The heavy rain made the smoke and lights seem mysterious, instead of merely ridiculous. And there was a sneaky thrill in watching Prince steal the field from guys three times his size, if only for a few moments.

At one Super Bowl gathering, at least, Prince’s extravagant guitar solos, seductive facial expressions and strutting stage manner made boozy viewers whoop and wonder in equal measure. Who knew a Super Bowl halftime show could be this delirious?

No doubt National Football League officials were pretty pleased, too. They know that the halftime show is still haunted by the specter of 2004, when Justin Timberlake enlivened an otherwise unmemorable show by baring Janet Jackson’s breast. Somehow, Timberlake’s role has been largely forgotten, but Jackson’s career has still not recovered. And compared with the controversial Jackson, Prince must seem like a pretty safe bet.

Would that last statement have made any sense at all 20 years ago? In 1987, Jackson was best known as Michael’s effervescent younger sister, and Prince was perhaps the most polarizing pop star in the country; the sexually frank lyrics of his “Darling Nikki” had helped spark a national debate about explicit lyrics.

Yesterday’s command performance was yet more proof that Prince has made that familiar journey from pariah to American treasure. He has a catalog of hits that everybody seems to love (even the players, who normally take little interest in the halftime show, were quoted praising Prince), and he sings and plays and moves as well as he ever did.

Best of all, he does not carry himself as a pop-star emeritus. Did you see his face during the first verse of “Purple Rain,” when he tossed his bandana into the crowd? He looked as if he were getting away with something.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: February 5, 2007 18:10

All I gotta say about the bowl is,how the HELL does Adam Vinatieri miss that kick right before halftime? Also,that botched extra point on the first Colts TD cost me the first Qtr. score on my Super Bowl pool. Then on 4th and 6 deep in Bears territory late in the game,they don't kick a FG? Why do I think Tony Dungy had a couple bucks on the under? Yes,I had the over. I still turned a small profit. But I wanted a LARGE profit.
As for Prince.Eh,he was allright. I have never liked much to begin with. I agree with Luke. What's up with the Aunt Jemima doo-rag? And why does evrybody and their mother have to do a cover of Proud Mary. Gee,that's original.
Best commercial. Early in the game,the Blockbuster,mouse commercial. No,little Queenie,the mouse was not hurt.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: gmanp ()
Date: February 5, 2007 18:15

Was Prince REALLY playin? he took his hand off the guitar a couple of times and it just kept on playing [it looked to me, anyway]

Posted by: Pie1 ()
Date: February 5, 2007 19:04

stonesfrk Wrote:
> Has'nt he
> been playing the same run on Guitar for 25
> year's,i mean like in every song!

Please don't turn this into another Ronnie-bashing thread.
As for Prince, he rocked.

Posted by: Glass Slide ()
Date: February 5, 2007 19:28

I thought Prince was excellent, better than I expected.

And the fact he did not just come out and play his 3 biggest hits or something equally predictable was very cool.

Posted by: button_your_lip ()
Date: February 5, 2007 19:36

gmanp...same question I had...here is a not so very good video from last night.

and then the stones from last year.

[www.snarkygossip.com]

OT: Stevie Nicks tonight on CBS Superbowl
Posted by: jumpinjackgreg ()
Date: February 5, 2007 00:28

Not sure if there are any Stevie fans on this board, but...
I read on Stevie's fan page today that she is playing during the pregame festivities and it'll air on CBS. I don't know any exact times unfortuntely. If you do post please!
I really like her, so I thought I'd mention it.

Re: OT: Stevie Nicks tonight on CBS Superbowl
Posted by: Forty Niks ()
Date: February 5, 2007 00:28

"will the colts ever win?"

(get it?)

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: February 5, 2007 01:01

Great singer and writer -and STILL a hottie!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-02-05 01:01 by Elmo Lewis.

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: February 5, 2007 01:03

Let's cross our fingers for a wardrobre malfunction.

Posted by: RadioMarv ()
Date: February 5, 2007 01:03

Elmo Lewis Wrote:
> Great singer and writer -and STILL a hottie!

agreed

she remains YUMMY

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: February 5, 2007 01:07

She's mostly made of plastic these days, but who cares? She's still hot.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 5 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 959
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home