Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 4 of 9
Re: The Official Super Bowl Thread
Posted by: Glass Slide ()
Date: February 5, 2007 04:18

Me too!! Just called my Dad to see if he was still alive; he didn't know--lol

btw, the talk of the party is how the NFL had the best 1/2 Time show in forever.

Have to admit, his show was very very good, best SB 1/2 time show in recent memory

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: February 5, 2007 04:21

I think last year's was pretty good.

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: February 5, 2007 04:28

anyone know where I can watch Prince's half time show? I went to watch the QE2 go under the Golden Gate Bridge and got stuck in traffic from hell and missed half time. Would love to check out Prince if any one knows if its on YouTube or whatever. thanks.

Posted by: CrazyDadda ()
Date: February 5, 2007 04:31

Prince doing some Chuck Berry tunes at the super bowl halftime show press conference

Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: February 5, 2007 04:45

I'm sure Princes performance will hit YOUTUBE right away... I'm pissed I didn't pop in a Video to record it since I thought it was gonna be crap - his guitar was SO maxed out vol. wise - sounded perfect and he was doing some hot playing.....

I've decided, CHICAGO's my team, is it too late?

Was it just me or did any one else cry their eyes out when that little yellow GM factory screwdriver machine with the cute face was gonna jump off the bridge and end it all? Tell me you were moved (and crying).... Lukester, you still with us? I might need some therapy I think.... Beely? you around?........

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-02-05 04:47 by HelterSkelter.

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: February 5, 2007 04:56

skelter, check out the press conference clip crazydada posted above...
he goes to the 'press conference' and continues to shred...haha...great.

sorry, missed all the commercials...just tuned in for Prince...then stuck around for the most excellent second half...but when commercial comes up, i do blog work, or go to beelybong...

sorry you got upset...i had thought GM pretty much killed itself years ago, (at least that's what the guy at my subaru/toyota dealership told me)

buck up buckaroo...don't spend too heavy on chicago...they could easily go into overtime if they get twelve points in the next minute...!!
IF they get the ball...
wait, that won't work...the colts catch those ones too!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2007-02-05 05:01 by Beelyboy.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: February 5, 2007 05:02

Prince was pretty good - he's a great singer and guitar player. We all laughed here when they put the curtain in front of him and you just saw his shadow, including a guitar that looked a lot like a 'phallic symbol'. Strange nobody at the network noticed that.

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: February 5, 2007 05:03

I was mystefied by prince's choice of soungs. the guy has zillions of mega hits. but he ends up doing snippets of "Proud Mary", " Watchtower" and a Foo Fighters song??? plus "Go Crazy" I'ms Star" and "Purple rain". He had so much of his own he could have done. The solo in PR was hardly existant. This Halftime shows always are suspect but as much as I love Prince, I thought he pretty much sucked.

"...no longer shall you trudge 'cross my peaceful mind."

Date: February 5, 2007 05:03

One word for Prince: dreadful. C'mon people. It was discombobulated, long guitar solos, no groove. Just awful. Did someone actually use the word genius?

Posted by: Glass Slide ()
Date: February 5, 2007 05:20

fleabitpeanutmonkey Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> One word for Prince: dreadful. C'mon people. It
> was discombobulated, long guitar solos, no groove.
> Just awful. Did someone actually use the word
> genius?

I do not think I saw the word "genius" in this thread--perhaps I missed it...but anyway did you think it aapliede to the Stones performance; to an "objective" fan which was better? Cause all I heard at the annual SB Blow Out was that it was better than watching my grandfather pretend he was young again....

Initially I had an unfavorable reaction to that comment, but then I thought, it is basically what Keith said when he discussed Mick's "Peter Pan" complex--really what is the difference?

Date: February 5, 2007 06:02

fleabitpeanutmonkey Wrote:
> One word for Prince: dreadful. C'mon people. It
> was discombobulated, long guitar solos, no groove.
> Just awful. Did someone actually use the word
> genius?

Yeah, I used "genius" in reference to what he did with his ONLY 12 minutes (or whatever little time these performers get). The FACT that he didn't do a TYPICAL greatest hits thing and instead did WATCHTOWER and Foo Fighters was unique and a brillint move. The Stones and Macca sat there and cramed 3 or 4 of their big hits in that 12 minutes...U2 did 2 I think. I was sitting with my Girl Friend and said watch. Prince will come out and do a medley of RASBERRY BERET/KISS/LET'S GO CRAZY/LITTLE RED CORVETTE/PURPLE RAIN (she threw in SIGN OF THE TIMES but I didn't think so) So instead of doing EXACTLY what we expected he throws us a big curve ball. WATCHTOWER was brilliantly spooky in all that heavy rain. He just came out and was FRESH, didn't paint by numbers like the other acts mentioned. They were good and VERY high energy last year but The Stones did EXACTLY what you expected - 1 new one + 2 or 3 war horses - no surprises WHAT SO EVER - what was it? (Rough Justice/Satisfaction/Start Me Up - the big mystery was "Will it be JJF or BS or SMU" whoa - can't sleep all week) To tell you the truth I would DEMAND twice the time if I was one of these top bands/performers. PRINCE took EVERY second and USED IT TO THE MAX, that's what was genius about it. I like the Stones, Macca, U2, and Janet's tit more than Prince but PRINCE'S show was the best so far when we're talking Superbowl stupid half time show that gives zero respect for the top artists they get every year.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-02-05 09:13 by HelterSkelter.

Posted by: stoned_in_dc ()
Date: February 5, 2007 06:10

come on people..prince was great..

Posted by: CrazyDadda ()
Date: February 5, 2007 06:18

As much as I loved the Stones halftime show, I hope in some way this lights a fire under them, as playing rare songs and not "warhorses" all the time is a good thing

Date: February 5, 2007 07:27

wow. i was kinda hoping this wouldn't end up one of those "versus" things we get into here...
comparative analyses have their place and can be fun, etc...etc...etc...ad nauseum...but
i totally enjoyed the Stones last year...i was proud and beaming and totally thrilled...

TODAY was Prince's turn at this little spectacle, and he was tough enough and added to his legend and legacy, and gave us all a really cool show...
...with some originality and changeups...appreciate skelter's points...

bringing hendrix and the foo fighters and ike and tina packed into a medley of his hits and a lot of total guitar blister, out into a general mainstream (and huge) and hugely diverse, audience...what's the problem with that?
i have none...is that genius? well, yeah.
(and then went on to blister up johnny b. goode real good in the press room)
(also that marching band brass accompaniement with glowing choreography)
...holy moly that joint was crazy...let's go crazy indeed...well, alright.
seemed like the entire stadium was singing with him and roaring for him.
beeyouteefulll

it like takes zip zero nada nothing away from the Stones to have really seen Prince shine like that. could we possibly avoid a fight about this?
i'm not offended if someone hated Prince or didn't think the show was entertaining...
and a lot of people thought the Stones sucked last year.
that didn't stop me from having a wonderful and exciting time with it live...
i had been anxious to see them, and they came out in those black outfits and blew me right away...i dug it bigtime.
shit went wrong from the gitgo with the sound last year and the stones stuck with it, hammered it home real good...
you could see all those years of professionalism and experience come thru in a flash...
they didn't even seem like they were gonna bother to get upset about it or distracted...they just corrected, and blew it right on out there anyway. i like it a little sloppy anyway.
nor did my friend's various opinions of the boyz last year stop me from playing that version of 'rj' several times a month ever since.

prince put it all into that guitar and it was glorius. even with the showboat trills and alla that...he's one hell of a guitarist.
raining like hell and one tiny guy taking on a stadium...and winning.
the live crowd seemed to really appreciate it too...
today was purple baby.
last year we painted it black.
put it together.
black and blue.
i'm just fine with all of it.

Posted by: button_your_lip ()
Date: February 5, 2007 07:35

I will be succinct...no comparison

Date: February 5, 2007 07:42

well that was last year's bowl...but i look and listen to it a lot, as mentioned...pretty spectacular.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-02-05 07:50 by Beelyboy.

Posted by: stonesfrk ()
Date: February 5, 2007 07:43

I don't really dig Prince From the get go from '81 at the LA Colosium. But i do give musician's there credit where do,that being said. Has'nt Prince been playing the same run on Guitar for 25 year's,i mean like in every song!

Date: February 5, 2007 07:49

Beelyboy..sorry not following you....succinct means short and to the point

No comparison meant Prince didn't come close..sorry if you disagreed, but then thats what the boards are all about

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-02-05 07:49 by button_your_lip.

Date: February 5, 2007 07:51

yeh i realized...i owe YOU the apology and already edited my post...
great clip! great stones mini-set.

Date: February 5, 2007 07:52

No problem..lol. I could watch that clip over and over. We agree!!

Date: February 5, 2007 07:52

;-)

Date: February 5, 2007 08:16

I think Prince MIGHT have beginners guitar down, I heard he finally graduated guitar school last year with a B+ in his report card. '81 Colosium show, when he came out in leather bikini briefs or something and got booed off the stage? (hmmm, a bit of homophobia in the air - especially on the most Macho Holiday of the year - Super Bowl Sunday !!) Silly stuff stonesfrk (like Mick hasn't had his moments - she-it BOY, think !!). Prince has gone through a lot of changes since then and I'll take his group of ex Girl Friends and Wives over Mick's any day of the week. They might be a bit short for me since I'm tall but May-te(sp?) over Jerry Hall? No contest if you ever saw Prince do P*SSY CONTROL with her on the VH1 awards - the man knows how to pick 'em. BTW, 25 years? Haven't the Stones been dragging around burned out songs like MISS YOU and many others for a lot longer then that? Fact is his performance today was much more CREATIVE then what the Stones came up with. Like Beely said, nothing wrong with last years show but the bar has been raised with Prince's performance - next year will be hard to top, they'll probably get that Judd girl or something to lower expectations......

Date: February 5, 2007 08:24

LOL..talk about digress...fascinating tho...I know the highlight for me tonite was the snippet of

Proud Mary

Date: February 5, 2007 08:31

HelterSkelter Wrote:
> I think Prince MIGHT have beginners guitar down, I
> heard he finally graduated guitar school last year
> with a B+ in his report card. '81 Colosium show,
> when he came out in leather bikini briefs or
> something and got booed off the stage? (hmmm, a
> bit of homophobia in the air - especially on the
> most Macho Holiday of the year - Super Bowl Sunday
> !!) Silly stuff stonesfrk (like Mick hasn't had
> his moments - she-it BOY, think !!). Prince has
> gone through a lot of changes since then and I'll
> take his group of ex Girl Friends and Wives over
> Mick's any day of the week. They might be a bit
> short for me since I'm tall but May-te(sp?) over
> Jerry Hall? No contest if you ever saw Prince do
> P*SSY CONTROL with her on the VH1 awards - the man
> knows how to pick 'em. BTW, 25 years? Haven't the
> Stones been dragging around burned out songs like
> MISS YOU and many others for a lot longer then
> that? Fact is his performance today was much more
> CREATIVE then what the Stones came up with. Like
> Beely said, nothing wrong with last years show but
> the bar has been raised with Prince's performance
> - next year will be hard to top, they'll probably
> get that Judd girl or something to lower
> expectations......

Number one i'm not here to argue about Prince, #2 it was'nt what prince was wearing i did not like what he was singing Jack me off and i'll jack you off. just did not go with the show nor the music, Maybe your a chick and you like the way he look''''s up to you, i just stated my opinion every time i see him he play's the same run's on Guitar for 25 year's it's like it's the only run he know's same tone everything at least the stones mix it up every tour as far as Guitar's,tones and lick's. That's the differnce. By the way i'll take Luciana over any of Princes ex's

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-02-05 08:35 by stonesfrk.

Date: February 5, 2007 08:43

Jack U Off is a throw away song from the CONTROVERSY album (came out when Abe Lincoln was Prez I think)... so if THAT bugs you then MICK singing @#$%& BLUES must FLIP YOU OUT - where can I get my Ass f*cked? Sounds like a bit more commitment than a hand job - LMAO. BTW, No, am not a chick, a hetro male that could care less about same sex stuff - to each their own. Not my cup of tea but could give a f**k what others do.Just don't CRASH INTO MY CAR when you're shitfaced...now THAT kinda stuff pisses me off.... Please dude, @#$%&'s Blues VS Jack U Off, explain the difference por favor.....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-02-05 08:49 by HelterSkelter.

Date: February 5, 2007 08:53

What's the difference? Well for one Cock sucker blues is on an album,never heard the stones spew it live,and it went well musically. The jack me off incident was everybody in the band was out of key and it was a complete mess that's why the bottles and hot dog's and beer flew.but obviously you were there you should know this. Since your A Prince finatic,like i said it seem's like your getting frustrated go open a Prince web site you seem alot more absorbed by Prince then the Stones.

Date: February 5, 2007 09:08

I was there BUT I missed the Prince part, showed up later. I'm just not like these Born Again Christian Fanatics that think their leader - say Jerry Faldwell - can do no wrong. I dig the Stones but I DON'T WORSHIP THEM - they're far from perfect (especially lately with their rip off ticket prices) and I'll call em on it when I see it. I don't worship PRINCE either, I'm a much bigger Stones fan (I've seen Prince live once,the Stones about 20 times) but he was more ORIGINAL and CREATIVE tonight at the SUPER BOWL SHOW, sorry dude......BTW, what I'm absorbed with is your hypocracy - it fasinates me that you don't see it.....

Date: February 5, 2007 09:12

hypocrisy, my favorite song buy my next door neighbor. You should check it out maybe you will learn something. Peter Distefano.com.

Date: February 5, 2007 09:20

OK, OK, relax..... your next door neighbor? Come see my next door neighbor and he'll teach you a thing or 2 about how to BBQ..... just relax man, Peace out..... I'll even check out Pete's song, how's that? See, I'm all about peace ...and love (as long as the ticket prices are fair).....

Date: February 5, 2007 09:22

HelterSkelter Wrote:
----------------------
> Please dude, @#$%&'s Blues VS Jack U Off,
> explain the difference por favor.....

well one's oral, or, according to 2nd line lyrics, anal.
so that would be oral/anal...a query for where one could achieve satisfaction in these particular, ahem, areas. a plea. a blues if you will.

the other would be the protagonist offering manual satisfaction, under certain circumstances...
as where purple says:

"I only do it for a worthy cause
Viriginity or menopause
U'll have an instant heart attack if I jack u off"

the sexual metaphor's are sublte, granted, but i think they're intended.
also, it shows concerns and full disclosures regarding heart health. something we should all think more about it with our modern diets.

then a generous offer to make himself generously available for a more fully realized and affirming mutuality in their relationship:

"If u ain't chicken baby, come here
If u're good I'll even let u steer
As a matter of fact, u can jack me off
Yeah, that's right"

altho this latter verse presents potential confusions...ie, 'jack him off'
with exactly what at this point? the prototypical handjob one originally assumes may actually be in the process of being supplanted for some direct sort of genital contact with other appendages, and/or organs...

ok...mick also touches upon scientific and more visceral aspects of animal husbandry, as well as finding a clever solution for his problem by going to the proper law encorcement personnel for assistance:

"Well, I asked a young policeman
If he'd only lock me up for the night
Well, I've had pigs in the farmyard,
Some of them, some of them, they're alright
Well, he @#$%& me with his truncheon
And his helmet was way too tight"

this verse, obviously appealing to the benefits of lubrication, promotes non-injurious intimacy, which is a responsible position from a health perspective.
did u find this helpful? look for askbeely! new series on personal & relationship matters...(I have a lot of time for this because i can't maintain a relationship myself apparently...sure they start out all magical, but within mere days, you have lost control of the remote, which is an innapropriate boundary crossing, regardless of other bonding behaviours)...anyway, that's my issue...syndicators please contact.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 4 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1122
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home