Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Mick in India
Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: January 29, 2007 22:56

From the Hindustan Times:

So what was Mick Jagger doing 2,000 light years from home at the Taj Lake Palace hotel at Udaipur recently? The ceremonial communion of two hearts seemed to have something to do with the India visit of the Rolling Stones lead singer, with daughter Jade Jagger in tow.

They were accorded a warm welcome by long-time friend and former cricketer, Dilip Doshi, father of the groom. The buddies (who boast of a 30-year-old friendship) toasted the occasion with a round of Moet Chandon Champagne.

The father-daughter showed no signs of culture shock at the big fat Indian wedding. If anything, they were at home with it all.

Jade, now a jewellery designer, was seen picking up colourful bangles and traditional dresses.

On her second visit to India, Jade enthused, “I love the Hindu-style ceremonies and rituals. They are so unique.” Spiritual quest Dad Mick also shared her wonder of the ‘unique’ Indian experience. “I’ve enjoyed my stay here so much that it will be difficult to part from this place,” he said.

The Jaggers chose to stay at Sajjan Niwas Suit, which is embellished with frescoes of Lord Krishna.

Perhaps it has something to do with Mick’s love for all things spiritual. “I have been reading up a lot on spirituality, especially Jainism. I have visited the Ranakpur temple (Jain temple) a number of times. But this is my first visit here. I’ve been close to India for long now because of Dilip,” said Mick.

In fact, he’s so impressed by the picturesque beauty and calm that he wants to buy a piece of land in Udaipur! “India has lot of charm and peace about her. So I am trying to invest in some property here.”

In the pink of health So far as habits go we noticed the father-daughter would religiously hit the hotel gym. Wellness freaks, may be?

Their diet suggested so, what with a platter of salads, cereals, fruits and fresh juices! Seems Mick won’t be singing his anthemic I Can’t Get No Satisfaction in India, as he seems one satisfied customer!

Mick, backstage... Mick Jagger has seven children from four different women who were singer Marsha Hunt, activist Binaca Jagger, super-model Jerry Hall and model Lu ciana Gimenez. He was knighted in the UK as Sir, Mick Jagger for his services to popular music.

He is one of Britain's richest musicians, with a personal fortune of an estimated £205m He's been linked with Sophie Dahl, Carly Simon, Uma Thurman, Helmut Berger, and Angela Bowie.

Carly Simon's song You're so vain is rumoured to be dedicated to him.

In a movie, which is based on Rolling Stones and will be filmed by Martin Scorsese. Mick Jagger per sonally wanted, Jude Law to play his part.

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Re: Mick in India
Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: January 29, 2007 23:05

mickijaggeroo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> In a movie, which is based on Rolling Stones and
> will be filmed by Martin Scorsese. Mick Jagger per
> sonally wanted, Jude Law to play his part.

What? And if yes, why Jude?

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: January 29, 2007 23:13

> In a movie, which is based on Rolling Stones and
> will be filmed by Martin Scorsese. Mick Jagger per
> sonally wanted, Jude Law to play his part.

where is the eye-rolling smiley?
(but thanks for the article anyway, Vilhelm honey!)

Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: January 30, 2007 00:02

He does this from time to time on holiday visits to Asian countries. The first time I went to India decades ago they had his mug in the Delhi English News Paper saying he was on a ten day "private outing". BTW, Not too wise to eat uncooked veggie's without a super duper wash with purified water..... Yo Mick, use your BRAIN !! (He keeps this up and he'll be too sick with "Delhi-Belly" to do the EUROPEAN 2007 SUMMER TOUR....hmmm, maybe that's the plan all along - brilliant move Mickster !!!)

Posted by: Debra ()
Date: January 30, 2007 02:12

So, where was L'wren the Goth?

Date: January 30, 2007 02:25

Ok, that was NOT nice! I am happy that Mick has become even more spiritual and is studying religions of the world! It's all GOOD, healthy in body and mind.

Date: January 30, 2007 03:43

Mick's trip to India.. this song.. make me wistfully smile...aah.. Jaipur...Jodhpur.. Udaipur
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I climbed the highest mountain and I looked down on the sea
And I saw a ship a-sail to the shore
I took a passage to the East and I journeyed to the West
I made love from Battambang to Baltimore

I said, oh, am I running in a race
I said, oh, am I getting anyplace
I said, oh, can I make it

I'm a wandering spirit
I'm a wandering spirit
I'm a wandering spirit
I'm a wandering spirit, yes I am a restless soul
I'm a wandering spirit, no escape, no parole
I'm a wandering spirit, I'm a lost and lonely soul

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 30, 2007 03:54

Mick trekking in Kashmir

ROCKMAN

Posted by: ROLLINGSTONE ()
Date: January 30, 2007 10:15

'I've been down to India, but it froze my bones'

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-01-30 10:21 by ROLLINGSTONE.

Date: January 30, 2007 15:03

Rockman, how recent is that photo?? His bones can't be too cold, he is without his shirt!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1524
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home