Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Linda Keith
Posted by: Claire_M ()
Date: July 24, 2012 19:53

Rocky Dijon
I believe John Porter (Linda's husband) produced the Stones' collaboration with BB King on Paying The Cost during the Bridges to Babylon sessions.

Wow, The Smiths producer - cool connection. Maybe that's how Johnny Marr got to hang out with Keith for awhile.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: July 24, 2012 20:03

Naturalust
latebloomer
Why he got hooked later has nothing to do with it.

Don't be so sure latebloomer, certainly no one but themself can be credited with saving someone's life who is addicted to narcotics, certainly not Keith's intervention. The best info credits the individual with 70% of the work, the spirit with 20% and 10% to the healers.

I respect you opinion greatly, but if you ask Linda I'm sure she would call Keith's actions indignatious. I have learned to be careful with other peoples addictions unless your house is brick and thick. Maybe I just need to work on my teepee a bit. lol

swiss thanks for translation those letters from Brian, so sweet, would they have worked for you?

Those ones from Morocco are suspect, wasn't he with Anita, mid violent upheaval at the time? Sound to me like he was a weak man who couldn't control his violence and temper and was hedging his bets in case Anita didn't work out.

In his defense, I'll bet Brian loved as deeply as any man. It is a confusing business on the best of days. peace

What the motivation behind Keith's actions are, of course, known only to him. We can only speculate based on what those involved have said. I was just doubting your karma assertion about Keith's own addiction and referencing what Sheila Klein said about Keith probably saving Linda's life. I agree that overcoming drug addiction cannot happen unless the addict does the work just as becoming an addict can only come from the individual, not because of karma. That's what I meant when I said Linda's problems had nothing to do with Keith's addiction.
You are very kind to say you respect my opinions,I feel the same towards yours and everyone's opinions on IORR. I am fully aware that half the time I probably don't know what the heck I am talking about, so I don't take it all too seriously. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: July 25, 2012 06:13

Naturalust
If you believe in the karmic wheel, you could imagine that one of the reasons Keith got so strung out on smack was because he had blown the whistle on Linda Keith for the very same thing.

When you take on someone else's drug problems with fierce indignation as Keith obviously did you'd better beware of what going on in your own house or whats about to. peace

No good deed goes unpunished, eh? In an alternative reality we could all be sitting here righteously condemning Keith for watching Linda's addiction and not making any effort to help - and probably coming to the conclusion that his own drug problems were some kind of karmic vengeance for that.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: July 25, 2012 18:06

Green Lady
Naturalust
If you believe in the karmic wheel, you could imagine that one of the reasons Keith got so strung out on smack was because he had blown the whistle on Linda Keith for the very same thing.

When you take on someone else's drug problems with fierce indignation as Keith obviously did you'd better beware of what going on in your own house or whats about to. peace

No good deed goes unpunished, eh? In an alternative reality we could all be sitting here righteously condemning Keith for watching Linda's addiction and not making any effort to help - and probably coming to the conclusion that his own drug problems were some kind of karmic vengeance for that.

Indeed. The wheel turns both directions. But if that was the general rule I would likely be pretty strung out myself. In this music biz I see alot of folks heading down that road, mostly nicely packaged and marketed legal pharmecuetical drugs, every bit as pure and clean as Keith's bragged about stashes. It's a difficult issue. Intervention or Not? I usual look for a sign that someone is ready to change, calling out for help, or bottomed out before I lend a hand. And I will do anything for a friend.

Sometimes it all goes wrong. Like in the case of my good friend Jay Bennett, ex-Wilco guitarist and keyboard player. He died in the night with a narcotic patch on his skin. I'm gonna miss him forever. RIP Jay. peace.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1313
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home