Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

New Orleans Saints WIN.........
Posted by: drummer_dude ()
Date: January 14, 2007 17:26

Well my friends us "Cajuns" down south here got another win and one more we are going to the Superbowl.....

Re: New Orleans Saints WIN.........
Posted by: Montrealsuperfan ()
Date: January 14, 2007 20:27

My wife and I (along with our kid) visited New Orleans for a vacation about 1 month before Katrina. We also took in the Gulf Coast of Mississippi and I can honestly say I have never met nicer people in my life (or ate and drank so much)

Since then, I've been cheering for the Saints and hope they go all the way.

Hopefully if the Sotnes come back to the US, they will hit New Orleans.

BTW for those of you who were at the frozen Stones show in Chicago this fall, turn to Fox Sports to see the Bears in action at Soldier field as we speak.....

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: January 14, 2007 20:36

How is New Orleans doing today...are things a little bit better? I have a warm feeling for this city and all the good music that came from it..the boots from the New Orleans Stones shows I admire so much man!! What a wild crowd!!Huge Stones army indeed!

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: January 15, 2007 03:32

Hello Rooster, Things are much better in New Orleans now and still getting better. Most of the music venues and historical districts survived the storm intact or with little damage. The residential areas took a lot of flooding, however. It is a slow go for people who are rebuilding, having to deal with insurance companies and government assistance programs. This has created a housing shortage, which in turn creates a problem staffing local businesses. One year ago, many businesses had limited hours, but most are back full time working harder with fewer people. It is very easy to find work in the service industry around here these days.
There is no reason for anyone having second thoughts about visiting New Orleans now. Almost all of the restaurants, music venues, hotels, etc. are back up and running, and Carnival season is here with Mardi Gras on 20 Feb. Check out pollstar.com and see who's playing! And, oh yeah, Jazz Festival on the last weekend in April and first weekend of May.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: January 15, 2007 04:23

rooster Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> How is New Orleans doing today...are things a
> little bit better?

Not really: [today.reuters.com]

Date: January 15, 2007 05:21

Gotta disagree with you, Koen. The spotlight is on New Orleans after what it has been through and, as usual, the mainstream media focuses on the worst possible to sell it's news to the public.
That article would have you believe that it is dangerous for anyone to vist N.O. It does not explain that nearly all killings were drug and gang related in marginal areas of town.
I do not mean to rationalize the problem, but I want people to know that it is no more dangerous to visit N.O. than any other major city. Use your common sense and there will not be a problem.
I have been living here since 1973, and I feel more vulnerable to another hurricane than I do crime.

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: January 15, 2007 05:24

Thats better Edith...Lets hope New Orleans gets to its old good self again.

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: January 15, 2007 06:34

I have several good friends from NO. They know what kind of city they come from. One thing is sure: the devatation was total where it happened. And many folks have no intentionm og coing back. Still I think there are enough that ARE going abck and they are determined to put that place back on the map.

"...no longer shall you trudge 'cross my peaceful mind."

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: January 15, 2007 06:43

Congrats to the Saints but, as a Bears fan, I hope they lose next weekend. I hope it's Bears football weather (cold and snow). Rex played pretty good today and the Bears D played really well, too, although they did give up several long runs up the middle.
Indy and New England should be a good game.

Date: January 15, 2007 16:31

Here you go drummer_dude ! What part of Louisiana are you from ?

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: January 15, 2007 17:13

Edith Grove Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Gotta disagree with you, Koen. The spotlight is on
> New Orleans after what it has been through and, as
> usual, the mainstream media focuses on the worst
> possible to sell it's news to the public.

Well, you cannot deny all the protests from locals about the recent murders. After that the media picked it up. But I guess you're right, use your common sense just like everywhere else. I've been to NO many times (some of my ex's family lives there), but sure hope to come back one day.

Date: January 15, 2007 17:22

And thank CHRIST the Seahawks lost! I got so tired of hearing Seattleites masturbating over how wonderful their shite-arsed losing team is!

"The wonder of Jimi Hendrix was that he could stand up at all he was so pumped full of drugs." Patsy, Patsy Stone

Posted by: drummer_dude ()
Date: January 16, 2007 03:52

Hey Edith Grove thanks for the Saints Emblem cool thanks, I am 6o miles from New Orleans. Don't take long to get there. Yeah things are shaping up there.
Mardi Gras festivities will be starting there to.
I wish the Stones would return to play New Orleans, if Katrina wouldn't have hit they would have come in March 2006, but the Superdome was so messed up they had to cancel. That's my luck. Didn't see them there in 1997 BTB Tour or Licks tour, neither ABB tour either. I saw them there in 1981,1989, and 1994 after that never saw them back in New Orleans. I think we deserve a show from them don't you think? Thanks for writing back about New Orleans I appreciate all your kind words. Thanks again...

Have a good week.
drummer_dude
Go "Saints"....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1324
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home