Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT the Who Live
Posted by: Montrealsuperfan ()
Date: January 4, 2007 19:21

I will trying to deal with Stones withdrawl by going to see the Who, the first weekend in March in Atlantic City.

I haven't seen the Who since Toronto 1981. I was pretty impressed by K. Jones on drum. Anyone seen the Who since then?

Is it worth going ? How does Ringo's son do on drums?

I would appreciate any feedback.

Re: OT the Who Live
Posted by: Highwire.uk ()
Date: January 4, 2007 19:27

Seen them once with Zak on drums and he was great Not seen without the Ox
so not sure what that may meen. But having seen the Stones without Wyman it makes a very big change for the worse so WHO knows Hope they are still as good

Posted by: LOGIE ()
Date: January 4, 2007 19:27

You will be knocked out! Seriously.

Posted by: stone-relics ()
Date: January 4, 2007 19:33

They Rock...I think Pete has been taking Jimi Hendrix vitamins....his playing is superb!

JR

Posted by: satisfaction2 ()
Date: January 4, 2007 19:42

THE WHO are GREAT !

I saw them July 2006 in Bonn. Very Very good concert.

They ROCK.

And I think the sun is a better drummer as the father (Ringo).

Gerhard (Germany)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-01-04 22:36 by satisfaction2.

Date: January 4, 2007 19:43

Thanks guys. Hopefully this won't get cancelled at the last minute , like my last visit to Atlantic City.

Take care and happy new year!

Date: January 4, 2007 21:56

Don't get fooled again!

Save your money . . .

Posted by: Steven ()
Date: January 4, 2007 21:59

Pete is still the best guitar player on the planet. Roger can't reach the high notes any more but gives it his all. Not The Who of the 70s by a long shot, but probably better than anyone else except the Stones at this point, and the guitar playing is far superior.

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: January 4, 2007 23:28

Steven Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Pete is still the best guitar player on the
> planet. Roger can't reach the high notes any more
> but gives it his all. Not The Who of the 70s by a
> long shot, but probably better than anyone else
> except the Stones at this point, and the guitar
> playing is far superior.

I agree. And Starkey is almost as good as Moon in his prime. I miss Entwistle's playing, tho. The new guy is good but it's just not the same. But Townshend's late life guitar resurgence nearly makes up for it.

Date: January 5, 2007 00:20

Definitely go - you will not be disappointed, I saw them on this tour in Fort Lauderdale in November and they were on top form and played a great setlist. And yes, Zak is superb on drums.

Posted by: bonnie ()
Date: January 5, 2007 00:25

Saw the Who last fall in NYC. Was a good show, above average, but not nearly as good as the Who from earlier days, and not nearly as good as seeing the Stones ever. I recall the Who being much louder and more animated than the show I saw in Sept. Best part was I got a $150 ticket for $47 - so on that basis, well worth the price of admission.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: January 5, 2007 03:33

Their 1982 show in Orlando blew away the Stones' show of the previous year. Seen 'em both. The Ox - unreal.

The 5 song DVD in the Endless Wire CD should give you a taste of what they're STILL doing - kicking ass.

Saw Zak with Ringo's band a few years ago - he's awesome. The other two (Pete and Rog) have potential too. Just kidding - they're great!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2007-01-06 16:22 by Elmo Lewis.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: January 5, 2007 04:54

Montreal,

I saw them in Toronto at the old CNE Stadium with Heart and the Ramones is this the same show? I'll have to check my stubs it might have been 78 or 79.

Posted by: Lazy Bones ()
Date: January 5, 2007 05:14

I saw them in London, ON back on 30 Sep 2006. Good show. Although, I enjoyed the Toronto show in 2002 better.

If the ticket price is of no concern, I recommend you go.

Date: January 5, 2007 09:08

I caught the Classic Rock Double-Shot of The Who on November 10th and Stones on November 11th 2006 in Las Vegas.
I am so glad I went!
Back-to-back evenings of classic rock.

Daltrey's voice is shot but he still works it.
As the above posts mention...Pete is playing better than ever before.

They may now be "The Two" but the energy is still there...
They opened with 5 classics... played the new mini-opera and cleverly intertwined new material within the show and ended with more classics and the finale of the new Tea and Theater. Pete had some funny banter in between songs... my 7 year old son mentioned he had a potty mouth.
They played for two hours. The funniest thing to me was when the entire audience chimed along with "Teenage wasteland, it's only teenage wasteland, THEY'RE ALL WASTED!" and.....the average age of the crowd was 47...

If you like The Who, definitely go... if anyone doesn't like The Who, then don't as you already made your mind up.

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: January 5, 2007 11:24

No need to get fooled again...... superb stuff. Pete rocks hard.....

Go see!

Posted by: terraplane ()
Date: January 5, 2007 13:50

Does this mean Zak quit Oasis? That would be a shame.

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: January 5, 2007 13:55

terraplane Wrote:
> Does this mean Zak quit Oasis?

no- he plays superbly for both bands.
tour schedules are coordinated accordingly.

Posted by: terraplane ()
Date: January 5, 2007 14:07

Great. I agree about his drumming. He plays like there is a fire in his belly.

Posted by: GuessWho ()
Date: January 5, 2007 15:12

Due to Zak's commitments to Oasis the Who have had to curtail their touring schedule.

Initially a trip to Australia was planned but has been "postponed"

Here's an extract from PT's website diary..............

"The problem for us is still that we two are not a proper band. Neither could we afford to be a proper band. Records don’t sell the way they used to, the only way we could create a band would be to accept a new cooperative (the way the Who used to operate). That would mean we would need to be very certain about who we invited into a new band. Already Zak – who we both adore – has said he prefers being a free spirit, and though he loves working with the Who, he is still young and needs to work more than Roger and I are capable. So he will probably work with Oasis again in 2007/2008. I have some ideas for a new record. We need to finish this tour first, it ends in Denmark in July 2007. We have postponed a trip to Japan and Australia until later."

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: January 5, 2007 15:32

Postponing Japan must been on missing out big wonga?

Date: January 5, 2007 15:39

Effectively, Zak is a member of The Who as he first played with them in 1994 and was asked to join them in 1996 which he did. He was only ever 'on loan' to Oasis, but will no doubt continue to play for both as their tours dovetail between each other. I just hope he remembers which version of 'My Generation' goes with which band!

Date: January 5, 2007 17:10

The Sicilian Wrote:
> Montreal,
>
> I saw them in Toronto at the old CNE Stadium with
> Heart and the Ramones is this the same show? I'll
> have to check my stubs it might have been 78 or
> 79.

I saw them at the old Maple Leaf Gardens in '81. It was billed as the "farewell tour". There is a CD of the concert -awesome- that you can pick up at Canadian record shops.

Date: January 7, 2007 00:31

The Notorious NIK Wrote:
> Don't get fooled again!
>
> Save your money . . .

LOL. So sorry to see another Who-Hater on this forum. Saw them at the Garden in september and still pack a punch. Even OX-less Who is better then no Who at all. If you have the time and have the money check them out before they quit for good.

Posted by: keef_nerd ()
Date: January 7, 2007 01:24

speaking of the who or just roger daltrey

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1337
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home