Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: A Backstage Bang... DRESSING ROOM requirements
Posted by: Spud ()
Date: December 18, 2006 15:50

Seems to me that these requirements are actually pretty basic and down to earth. [ I guess they outgrew any silly extravegances years ago as the novelty wore off ;^) ]

Don't forget that when you're on the road, the backstage area is "home" for half the week. A few basic home comforts are all that's being asked for here.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-12-18 18:45 by Spud.

Posted by: sluissie ()
Date: December 18, 2006 16:01

My idea too. Very nice insight, but if there is anything surprising about the content, it is the 'modesty' of the whole.

What we do not know is what they move around themselves... but that is of course their own business :-).

Jelle

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: December 18, 2006 21:44

I am also struck by the simplicity of these dressing area requirements...

But it all says nothing of the true lifestyle on the road of these kings of rock n roll road life. They can certainly afford opulence within their pipes and fine drapes.

Posted by: Tralala ()
Date: December 19, 2006 04:29

Actually, I think the list above is a bit old. I'll find the my copies from the some Euro-shows this summer, and scan them!

Posted by: bombayturner ()
Date: December 19, 2006 08:58

check out some more:

[www.thesmokinggun.com]

the new 'iggy & stooges' is really hilarious

unfortunately they have only now the 'tamed down' version of maccas raider. before that it was like 'white lillies only' 'no leather seats in limosine' 'entire venue vegetarian, nobody allowed to eat meat (incl. the stage hands)'

and yes, the stones are the most detailed about flower budgets, figures. however the real interiors for the backstage rooms is coming with the equipment anyway. very good to be seen in the documentary about the rio beach show.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: December 19, 2006 18:15

========================================================================================================

========================================================================================================

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2006-12-21 05:04 by schillid.

Posted by: Estoneado ()
Date: December 21, 2006 02:56

can anyone find the drinks and food requirements? they should be around somewhere

Posted by: Tralala ()
Date: December 22, 2006 01:20

Estoneado Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> can anyone find the drinks and food requirements?
> they should be around somewhere

No, because they bring their own chef... He instructs some local helpers (all qualified professional chefs) and comes up with some dishes that are ALWAYS on the menue, and some with a local twist. The Rattlesnake Inn, where the food is served, is practically a 2 star restaurant (2 stars in the Guide Michelin, that is). It is also a place one should stay away from when on a diet! In addition the "boys" are served meals of their own choice in their back stage / wardrobe area. For some - like in The Camp X-ray - it's often Shepherd's Pie. In the Work Out, pasta, chicken and fish - with vegetables - is often served.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1270
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home