Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Aerosmith/ Motley Crue Concert
Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: December 14, 2006 23:21

Just over 2 weeks ago the Stones finished their tour in Vancouver and last night, Aerosmith/Crue finished theirs here. I've seen both bands several times in the past so I kind of knew what to expect from them. GM Place, which is right across the street from BC Place where the Stones played, was full. They even sold tickets behind the stage. Probably 18000 or so in attendance.
Motley opened and played for about 1:15, sticking to their hits, Dr. Feelgood, Girls Girls Girls, Livewire, Kickstart My Heart, etc. Vince Neil's voice wasn't very great and they must have had several backup singers backstage. Tommy Lee does alot of talking now in between songs. Guess since the whole Rockstar tv show he's more popular (not to mention his video with Pamela). They went overboard on the pyro/explosions, though. Seemed every song had them. They mentioned how they became friends with Aerosmith when they were both recording in Vancouver in the late 80's, Dr. Feelgood and Pump. Didn't do any encore.
Aerosmith played around 1:30 and their setlist was a bit surprising. They played 3 cover tunes: Walking The Dog, Baby Please Don't Go and Helter Skelter, for which they were joined onstage by Nikki Sixx. Steve Tyler is still very energetic and Joe Perry has the rock guitar poses perfected. Bassist Tom Hamilton isn't on this current tour due to an illness. They finished off with a few "warhorses" Draw The Line, Sweet Emotion and their one encore, Walk This Way. Overall, not a bad double bill.

Re: OT: Aerosmith/ Motley Crue Concert
Posted by: Debra ()
Date: December 15, 2006 01:19

I've seen Aerosmith many times and love them BUT 90 minutes?? What a rip-off considering their enormous catalog! No blues tunes? Anything from Permanent Vacation, Pump, or Toys In The Attic?

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: December 15, 2006 02:30

they played 90 minutes because it was a joint tour with Crue (hence Crue playing for nearlt the same amount of time)

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: December 15, 2006 04:55

They started their concert with Toys In The Attic. Other songs played included Crying, Tell Me What It Takes, Last Child, Dream On, and Love In An Elevator. They played a few others which I can't remember right now.

Posted by: jumpinjackgreg ()
Date: December 15, 2006 05:44

Yeah it was a short set bc of the double bill. Pretty good setlists, but they really ignore a lot of the 90's songs completely with only a few songs from Get A Grip. Too bad they've basically stopped playing all the songs from one of their best albums, Nine Lives. Same thing with U2 and the Stones with their 1997 releases.

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: December 15, 2006 06:39

90 minutes is about right for Aerosmith these days considering Steven's throat problems and surgery last Winter.

Posted by: TombstoneShadow ()
Date: December 16, 2006 09:21

Overall it sounds like a pretty good concert...

I missed the "dual" concert earlier this year, but I did catch Motley in '05... they rocked the place to the rafters...

Would love to see them again, one of the best concerts I ever saw and tailor-made for a stones fan, imo. Both Motley and the Stones are best LIVE IN CONCERT...

Posted by: fleabit ()
Date: December 16, 2006 12:24

Crue suck ass

Posted by: TombstoneShadow ()
Date: December 16, 2006 23:11

fleabit Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Crue suck ass

Which Crue concert did you attend where they 'sucked ass' ?

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: December 18, 2006 20:25

I saw this tour twice, at the Hollywood Bowl and in Devore. Motley Crue sucked at the Bowl but was still fun and they were really good in Devore. Aerosmith was great both nights. Had third row center in Devore.Probably even better than the November Stones show I saw. Personally I think 80 mins is a perfectly acceptable amount of time for any band to play regardless of ticket prices or the size of the back catalog. It might have even been the reason for the high energy output compared to some past tours I have seen.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1638
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home