Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Keith Richards Clean Electric Solo on Wild Horses Studio
Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: December 13, 2006 13:28

How come Keith has not played the solo on Wild Horses live, I understand that Keith normally lets the other weaver play most of the solos but since he played the solo on the studio, why has he choose not to play it live.

Re: Keith Richards Clean Electric Solo on Wild Horses Studio
Posted by: ablett ()
Date: December 13, 2006 13:32

"Keith normally lets the other weaver play most of the solos"??????

I take it you mean Ronald Wood?

Date: December 13, 2006 13:34

Yes that famous weaver

Date: December 13, 2006 13:35

Sound slightly bitter there OG?

Posted by: ozstoner ()
Date: December 13, 2006 13:37

keefs not really up to solo's these days is he-wild horse's is 35 years old

Date: December 13, 2006 13:38

no why make this negative its the truth you guys have educated me that what they choose to do was weave and not have guitar interplay with distictive guitar styles .

Date: December 13, 2006 13:39

He could of played it live in 1976 and thereafter over the years.

Date: December 13, 2006 13:40

Surely 'weave' is 'guitar interplay'?

Date: December 13, 2006 13:42

no weaving is hiding LOL.

Date: December 13, 2006 13:50

You see thats whats really annoying me. Your asking a question but really its a dig!

Date: December 13, 2006 13:53

no really I am serious about my qiestion you made it negative bringing up the term weaver which in fact is what keith has been telling the world for 35 years.

Date: December 13, 2006 13:59

OpenG. Your first thread states "lets the other weaver" which I take to be a negative dig at RW. This is what I was picking up on. Its the same as 'weaving is hiding'.
You know as well as I do that RW doesn't handle all the solo's live and KR still capable of creating a blinding solo (if that really matters). And 35 yrs 'weaving' or not aint a bad acheivement eh!!!
1972 was a long, long time ago now.......

Date: December 13, 2006 14:04

Sorry I will refer in future as the guitar player, as keith does not like the term lead guitarist, your either a guitar player or not.

Its a great clean studio solo it would of been great if he played it live after
taylor left is all I am saying.

Date: December 13, 2006 14:06

"your either a guitar player or not." ..... sounds fine to me?

And it was a matter of time till a Taylor comparison was made! ;-)

Date: December 13, 2006 14:10

their you go again ,they never played the song live with taylor and taylor never played the solo in the studio ITS all about Keith with this question.so keith would of have to play the solo live after he left based on the dates and time period.

Date: December 13, 2006 14:13

Good Openg. I'm not complaining about MT, the fact KR can play a solo or that 'weaving' is detrimental to the Stones sound.

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: December 13, 2006 14:19

Studio situation is a different thing.
yeah, he came up with this beautyful solo - but he 's more the riffmaster on stage than a solo fiddler.

now don't get carried away you guys - lol.

Date: December 13, 2006 14:20

happy holidays ,

wild horses is a great song to play on guitar or a great song to learn if you are new to the instrument.it has great guitar parts throuhgout the song. a great
intro with the harmonics and great licks throuhgout.that killer clean electric solo is so simple but sounds so sweet to the ears.I just wish that solo
was played by keith at some point during the last 35 years. keith did a great
reworking of the intro on STRIPPED i wish he also played the solo he had the chance on stripped.

Date: December 13, 2006 14:22

See Openg. Now ur explaining what you mean..... and I agree!!

;-)

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: December 13, 2006 14:29

Posted by: [b]NicoS[/b] ()
Date: December 13, 2006 18:01

Is this post private ?

Posted by: yap yap ()
Date: December 13, 2006 18:30

Come on open-g..you can do it.Say the name...its R-o-n-n-i-e W-o-o-d.Simple and easy to spell.

Lets dive into this.Why would someone hate Ron Wood?Can you answer that open-g?
The term "weaver" has become a trademark of the Mick Taylor fanatics.These people worship MT to such a degree that they have trouble with the reality that the Rolling Stones existed not only before,but AFTER the era of Mick Taylor.They want to have MT back so bad that they can't handle the truth that he's gone.They want to be able to like the Stones,but they can't forgive them for the supposed mistreatment,as far as writing credit goes,of MT.

Ever since 1975,when Woody came into the band,every note he has played has gone under the microscope of the MT fanatics.Nothing he could possibly do would be good enough.It is unfair,not only to Ron,but to Taylor also.On top of that,the fanatics are cheating themselves out of enjoying some great music.Why can you not like all era's of the Stones?I do.I am not going to limit myself to listening to albums made from 69-74.That era is just one part of a really wonderful whole.

I don't like everything Taylor played.He wasn't(and still isn't) perfect.Do I think he was great? Hell yes.I'm pretty confident,though,that he played bum notes and was sloppy at times.He is just a footnote in the history of the band,though.

If the Stones really screwed him out of writing credit,where are the great songs?If he was as talented as the fanatics claim,then we should have album after album of great songs.Songs that would be as recognizable as Stones songs.They don't exist,because the talent wasn't there in the first place.MT was the kind of guy that was great as long as he had someone(Keith) tell him what to do.Otherwise,hes like a deer in the headlites.

Now,on to you,open-g.I've read lots of posts by you,and judging by your name,you are a smart guy when it comes to guitars.The question is,just what is it that makes your opinion any better that anyone else's?What have you done,guitar-wise,that puts you in the position to constantly slam Ron Wood?Have you done better?Is your band bigger than the Stones?Do I have your CDs and just don't realize it?Have I heard of you outside of IORR?I don't think so.

You love MT all you want.Thats great.But don't come on here slamming Ron Wood.Theres room for all of us.

And anyway,the two people who would think this is so silly would be Mick Taylor and Ronnie Wood!

Pleased to meet you......

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: December 13, 2006 18:48

Come on guys. Open G asked a simple question and some of you lot turned it into a Ronnie bashing thread. What for god's sake is detrimental about referring to Ronnie as the other weaver? It is only a slag because you choose to see it that way. Leave it it out already and stick to the point which is about Keith for Christ's sake.

Now back to the original question which is why Keith has not played the Wild Horses solo live. A damn good question that. His solo on this song is my favorite by Keith. It expresses the longing and pain expressed in the lyrics and by the music and serves the song very well. One of his finest recorded moments in my opinion. As to why he hasn't played it? I wish I knews. He is certainly capable of it. Perhaps this question should be posed on his website.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: December 13, 2006 18:58

i like the term weaver
i like weaving stones
i dont feel it is detrimental
i like weaving far better than soloing
i dot think it is hiding (though sometimes they do that...hide)
i think stripped version is great
i dont miss the reproduction of the original solo

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: December 13, 2006 19:00

PS
i am not surprised by your praise of a "clean" solo
again the sound you love about the stones sounds exactly the opposite to mine
and, i mean, that's fine )

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: December 13, 2006 19:17

Both solos of the studio version are great.

Actually, I can still remember my surprise when I learnt it was K and not MT playing them!

Ronnie did a superb and emotional work in the 75 versions, it tears me apart every time.

So we actually have two great point of views.

Don't know why now they cut the second solo, but fact is that nobody is playing it now days.

Too bad.

C

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: December 13, 2006 19:19

ChrisM Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
As to why he
> hasn't played it? I wish I knews. He is certainly
> capable of it. Perhaps this question should be
> posed on his website.

Well, on the other hand K plays Ronnies solo in Neighbors, one of the best r'nr solos - ever!

C

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: December 13, 2006 19:25

ChrisM said: Come on guys. Open G asked a simple question and some of you lot turned it into a Ronnie bashing thread.

i agree. some of you just look for reasons to be offended.

and even if OpenG meant something negative.....so what!?!

As another popular poster on this board would say..."have some popcorn."

Posted by: HoldOnToYourHat ()
Date: December 13, 2006 19:27

I think Keith might be playing in open G on some live versions, so Ronnie takes the solo on his standard-tuned guitar.

Date: December 13, 2006 19:35

he plays in open g during B2B DVD so yes he could not play a solo bu the question is why has he not choose to play it.I wonder if he actually remembers
if he played it on the studio version,since the clean electric solo was added in london after they got back from muscle shoals studio.the wild horse playback on Gimme Shelter is just acoustic.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1296
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home