Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5
Re: Fav Mick solo song . . .
Posted by: Kirk ()
Date: July 11, 2011 13:46

Angel in my heart

Posted by: billwebster ()
Date: July 11, 2011 17:36

Out Of Focus
Hide Away
New York Hustle
Throwaway
Dancing in the Street
Everybody Getting High
Hang On To Me Tonight
Say You Will
Joy
Blue
Put Me in the Trash
Don't Tear Me Up
Wandering Spirit
I've Been Lonely For So Long
Brand New Set Of Rules

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: July 11, 2011 22:31

Jair
Out of Focus, absolutely!

Very powerfull!!!

If it had been on a Stones album, we'd be talking about it being a latter-day Stones classic. Flea's bass takes it to another level and having Billy Preston on it makes it very special to me.....seeming to harken back to the gospel leanings ala Exile. And Jagger's voice is fantastic, no whine, just real emotion about lost love and regret. Its also interesting to me that Jagger did two remakes for WS: Frederick Knight's "I've been Lonely For So Long" and Bill Withers "Use Me", both from 72. I always wondered if Jagger was listening to Exile during this period, feeling nostalgic because the entire album has a very retro feel.....of course, he would never admit it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-07-11 22:33 by stupidguy2.

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: July 11, 2011 23:24

stupidguy2
[ I always wondered if Jagger was listening to Exile during this period, feeling nostalgic because the entire album has a very retro feel.....of course, he would never admit it.

That "retro" feel was courtesy of Rick Rubin, who even recorded it with Exile-era gear, much to the dismay of Mick who likes to stay state-of-the-art.

Posted by: humanriff77 ()
Date: July 12, 2011 00:21

I always try again with Micks solo stuff however I played "Primitive Cool" yesterday for the first time in years, after a couple of songs i took it out and frisbeed it into the bin, its still a worthless turd im afraid, Dirty Work is a masterpiece in comparison

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: July 12, 2011 01:47

loog droog
stupidguy2
[ I always wondered if Jagger was listening to Exile during this period, feeling nostalgic because the entire album has a very retro feel.....of course, he would never admit it.

That "retro" feel was courtesy of Rick Rubin, who even recorded it with Exile-era gear, much to the dismay of Mick who likes to stay state-of-the-art.

Yeah, I know that but inviting Billy Preston to play on it suggested that Jagger may have been going for that "Shine a Light", early 70s gospel, soul groove....

Date: July 13, 2011 08:06

stupidguy2
Jair
Out of Focus, absolutely!

Very powerfull!!!

If it had been on a Stones album, we'd be talking about it being a latter-day Stones classic. Flea's bass takes it to another level and having Billy Preston on it makes it very special to me.....seeming to harken back to the gospel leanings ala Exile. And Jagger's voice is fantastic, no whine, just real emotion about lost love and regret. Its also interesting to me that Jagger did two remakes for WS: Frederick Knight's "I've been Lonely For So Long" and Bill Withers "Use Me", both from 72. I always wondered if Jagger was listening to Exile during this period, feeling nostalgic because the entire album has a very retro feel.....of course, he would never admit it.

"Out of Focus" is still available as a single CD on Amazon and EBAY. It looks like it was released just in Europe. I recently bought it from a seller in Germany for $7.00 including shipping. It was $7.00 well spent.

There is a 7" and a 12" HIPGRASS version along with a 12" WHATSTAX DUB version and the album version.

If you dont already have it, buy it - every version is a standout cut

Posted by: kish_stoned ()
Date: July 14, 2011 21:31

USE ME mick &lenny,great track

Posted by: FreeBird ()
Date: July 15, 2011 01:33

1/2 A Loaf

Date: July 15, 2011 01:52

40 days & 40 nights from blues cd very good bluey track

Date: July 16, 2011 03:36

PARTY DOLL,BEAUTIFUL LOVE SONG

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1176
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home